Windows 10: show menu bar in save/open dialog?

Discus and support show menu bar in save/open dialog? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; im using win 10 1903. i disabled "Ribbon" and "Command bar" in windows explorer and just kept "Menu bar".but the menu bar didnt apear in save/open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by amymor, Oct 2, 2019.

1. amymor Win User

show menu bar in save/open dialog?

im using win 10 1903. i disabled "Ribbon" and "Command bar" in windows explorer and just kept "Menu bar".but the menu bar didnt apear in save/open dialogs.is there a way to enable "Menu bar" in save/open dialogs?

my windows explorer(with menu bar):

show menu bar in save/open dialog? [​IMG]

my open/save dialog(wihout menu bar):

:)

amymor, Oct 2, 2019
  2. trodas Win User

Force list view in the Open-Save dialog possible?

A the left, major part of the image, is shown up the Open - Save dialog that show the cursed Icons by default in Win XP SP 1.0a... I do wonder, if I can modify the comdlg32.dll somehow (or registry?) to FORCE the Open-Save dialogue to open always default with the list view, as shown in the right part of the image:

I tried hard searching on Google for the comdlg32.dll internals, but did not found anything usefull. I think that it will be something in the dialogue no. 1547 (when one have disabled the places bar, witch places it will be the no. 1552) in comdlg32.dll file:

Code: 1547 DIALOGEX 0, 0, 537, 334 STYLE DS_MODALFRAME | DS_CONTEXTHELP | WS_POPUP | WS_VISIBLE | WS_CLIPCHILDREN | WS_CAPTION | WS_SYSMENU CAPTION "Otevřít" LANGUAGE LANG_CZECH, 0x1 FONT 8, "MS Shell Dlg" { CONTROL "Oblast &hledání:", 1091, STATIC, SS_LEFT | SS_NOTIFY | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_GROUP, 3, 4, 49, 8 CONTROL "", 1137, COMBOBOX, CBS_DROPDOWNLIST | CBS_OWNERDRAWFIXED | CBS_HASSTRINGS | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_VSCROLL | WS_TABSTOP, 53, 1, 149, 300 CONTROL "", 1088, STATIC, SS_LEFT | WS_CHILD, 211, 1, 88, 16 CONTROL "", 1120, LISTBOX, LBS_NOTIFY | LBS_NOINTEGRALHEIGHT | LBS_MULTICOLUMN | WS_CHILD | WS_BORDER | WS_HSCROLL, 1, 18, 535, 284[/quote] But all these dropdown lists show only 4 numbers, witch is basically their position and size... Not what is pre-selected by them.

So, maybe I have to edit the dialog this way?

I don't know, but any ideas are more that wellcome! Thanks!

trodas, Oct 2, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Open/Save Dialog not showing all folders/files

Hi Gary

In order to get a better idea of the problem, can you please provide a screenshot of a listing of those folders in Windows File Explorer and also in the Open/Save dialog, which shows folder that cannot be seen in that dialog . . .

DaveM121, Oct 2, 2019
  4. huffman Win User

Show Menu Bar in Edge

I went thru the steps to import the Menu Bar from IE into Edge.

The menu bar does NOT show in Edge. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

huffman, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

1. show menu bar in save/open dialog? - Similar Threads - show menu bar

2. Open Dialog, trying to save some clicks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Open Dialog, trying to save some clicks: Hi, on Mac, when I open a dialog it will default to the last used location. On windows, it's going to the same one every time, and i don't know where it's getting that information from. I'm replacing stock clips in premiere, every time i open a dialog to replace, it's...
  3. Open and Save As Dialog Boxes not working Windows 10- open and save dialog boxes not...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Open and Save As Dialog Boxes not working Windows 10- open and save dialog boxes not...: New 4 Months Lennovo legion laptop with Win10 64 bit pre-installed. As indicated, the file/open file/save dialog boxes do not work for any 32 bit applications. This includes Office applications/Acrobat/Garmin/etc. Dialog boxes do work for 64 bit applications. 1 I have...
  4. Windows File Save / Save As Dialog Not Showing Drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows File Save / Save As Dialog Not Showing Drives: I've been noticing an issue in my Windows 10 PC. Currently on our enterprise Windows 10 version 1803 (build 17134.1006). I have Outlook on Office 365 version 1808 (build 10730.20344 click-to-run) When I go to save files from an email, I get a file save dialog box that...
  5. Save and Open common dialog

in Windows 10 Customization
    Save and Open common dialog: Hi When I try to open or save file in my common dialog box always open ThisPc to show me the path. How to set it up to be closed. On my other computer ThisPc is always closed in an open or save dialog box. many thx for help[ATTACH]...
  6. Open/Save Dialog not showing all folders/files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open/Save Dialog not showing all folders/files: I have a lot of files stored on a flash drive in briefcases. However, the open/save as dialogs do not display all available folders. Why is that? What can I do to correct this major headache?...
  7. Dialog Box Save/Open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dialog Box Save/Open: When saving or opening a file you are promoted with a dialog box, beside the file name there is a text box and beside the text box there is down arrow that will list all your recent saved or open files with it's path, how do I not have them be saved in the drop down list? I...
  8. Save / Save As / Open Dialog Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Save / Save As / Open Dialog Crashing: I tried to do a search but it didn't come up with much. Have you guys seen an issue where the Save/SaveAs/Open dialogs don't open and instead the app crashes? I've seen it in Notepad, Paint and Word. If I kill all explorer.exe processes, and then launch for example Notepad...
  9. Places bar missing in Windows 10 file open/save dialog box

in Windows 10 Support
    Places bar missing in Windows 10 file open/save dialog box: I upgraded from Win 7 so do not know if the places bar (on side of box) was present in Win 8. Having the places bar was very handy for me in Win 7. I had customized the menu to list my most used folders. The Win 10 dialogue box presents you with a tree on the left side making...
  10. Save-as Dialog Box not showing any thumbnails

in Windows 10 Support
    Save-as Dialog Box not showing any thumbnails: Hi, I was trying to save an image from the internet and my fingers slipped on a key. Since then every time the save-as box opens, where the files should show, it is just grey. I will attach a picture to show the issue. Could someone please assist me in getting back the...