Windows 10: "Show most used apps" is disabled and it affects the "Run" history?

Discus and support "Show most used apps" is disabled and it affects the "Run" history? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The Run history is not retained a search led me to a post which informed that "Show most used apps" in Settings\Personalization should be enabled. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ineuw, Mar 1, 2019.

1. ineuw Win User

"Show most used apps" is disabled and it affects the "Run" history?

The Run history is not retained a search led me to a post which informed that "Show most used apps" in Settings\Personalization should be enabled. In my case, this slider is greyed out and is not accessible.

:)

ineuw, Mar 1, 2019

2. How to enable "Show most used apps"?

Hello Douglas,

Most used from the Start menu and the Run history can be enabled through Settings. To turn them on, the following are the steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Personalization.
    • From the Start tab, turn Show most used apps on.
    • Turn Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar on.

Should you require further assistance, just let us know.

Hector Mad, Mar 1, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    How to disable run dialog history? (disable, not empty)

Settings/Personalization/Start/'Show most used apps' - uncheck.

Edwin, Mar 1, 2019
  4. "Show most used apps" is disabled and it affects the "Run" history?

How to enable "Show most used apps"?

My 'Run...' has no history and "Show most used apps" is disabled.

Can some one tell me how to enable the history for 'Run...'?

Douglas Lankshear, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

"Show most used apps" is disabled and it affects the "Run" history?

1. "Show most used apps" is disabled and it affects the "Run" history? - Similar Threads - Show used apps

2. Task Manager App History - Doesnt Show Most Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager App History - Doesnt Show Most Apps: In the App History tab of the Task Manager on Windows 10, there ius hardly any Apps using any of the resources listed ie Network, CPU time etc.I read you could enable more Apps in the list by selecting Settings->Personalisation->Start and then enable the button for "Show most...
  3. Task Manager App History - Doesnt Show Most Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Manager App History - Doesnt Show Most Apps: In the App History tab of the Task Manager on Windows 10, there ius hardly any Apps using any of the resources listed ie Network, CPU time etc.I read you could enable more Apps in the list by selecting Settings->Personalisation->Start and then enable the button for "Show most...
  4. Task Manager App History - Doesnt Show Most Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to enable Show most used apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable Show most used apps?: I want to enable "Show most used apps" for Windows 11 but it seems disabled. How can I enable this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-show-most-used-apps/c2bb9dda-0810-41e6-b828-4e59c4ca8257
  6. How to enable Show most used apps?

How to enable Show most used apps?: I want to enable "Show most used apps" for Windows 11 but it seems disabled. How can I enable this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-show-most-used-apps/c2bb9dda-0810-41e6-b828-4e59c4ca8257
  7. O&O SHutUp 10 - "RUN" history - "show most used apps" ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    O&O SHutUp 10 - "RUN" history - "show most used apps" ?: Recent inplace upgrade to 20H2 and very happy with it. But had already got O&OShutUp10 and Glary Utils and WAUManager (which with hindsight was too many sledgehammers). Now looking to reduce/remove/reset some of this and starting with the simple bits. Would like to see "run"...
  8. Odd settings for APPS in start affect the RUN CMD history

in Windows 10 Customization
    Odd settings for APPS in start affect the RUN CMD history: FYI: a few times I have had the "odd" issue, where the start context right-click run cmd does not show the command history. I have seen a few questions like this on this forum, that have so-called "experts" chiming in with the old "knee-jerk" stuff that I am sick of seeing...
  9. Will disabling "File History" affect System Restore?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Will disabling "File History" affect System Restore?: I have no need for the File History feature in Windows, if I disable it, will that affect System restore since it can't keep records of files or they have nothing to do with each other and I can safely disable it? 160213
  10. Most Used Apps

Most Used Apps: The other day i opened the start menu and clicked on the left side under most used apps hiding programs from the list, now nothing appears in that list and i have the left side empty. how to set again the most used apps if i have ON the option in settings but still there isnt...