Windows 10: "Show most used apps" setting is greyed out

Discus and support "Show most used apps" setting is greyed out in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; It has been my practice to have the setting "Show most used apps" always turned on. Today my most used apps disappeared from my start menu, so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by loyall, Jun 1, 2022.

1. loyall Win User

"Show most used apps" setting is greyed out

It has been my practice to have the setting "Show most used apps" always turned on. Today my most used apps disappeared from my start menu, so I checked the setting at Settings>Personalization> Start and found that "Show most used apps" was both turned off, and also greyed out, so that I was prevented from turning the setting to on. Please help me to turn this feature back on.

:)

loyall, Jun 1, 2022
  2. blsez Win User

'Show most used apps' toggle in Settings is greyed out

I'm not sure what happened. I've always left this setting on. Just recently I noticed my 'most used' programs in the Start Menu was no longer showing. I went into the settings and saw that the toggle was greyed out.

"Show most used apps" setting is greyed out [​IMG]

Any idea how to get the toggle back? Beforehand, I think I was going through the settings in Cortana trying to turn everything off.

blsez, Jun 1, 2022
  3. 'Show app list in Start menu' is disabled (greyed out)

I tried to switch on 'Show all apps in Start menu' but the option in Settings > Personalisation > Start is disabled (the toggle and associated text is greyed out). 'Show most used apps' is also greyed out (not that I want this one...).

I can't see a way of getting this list back - what do I have to do to get it enabled?

Brian Westhead, Jun 1, 2022
  4. "Show most used apps" setting is greyed out

Windows 10 - Notification Settings not showing Apps?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience. I will definitely assist you.

I appreciate the steps that you have done. I suggest you please follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Type notification on the search bar and click on
      notification & action settings.

• And click on select which icons appear on the taskbar.

• Turn on show app notification separately for each app.
    Hope this information helps, post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 1, 2022
Thema:

"Show most used apps" setting is greyed out

1. "Show most used apps" setting is greyed out - Similar Threads - Show used apps

2. "Show most used apps" setting is greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Show most used apps" setting is greyed out: It has been my practice to have the setting "Show most used apps" always turned on. Today my most used apps disappeared from my start menu, so I checked the setting at Settings>Personalization> Start and found that "Show most used apps" was both turned off, and also greyed...
  3. "Show most used apps" setting is greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Show most used apps" setting is greyed out: It has been my practice to have the setting "Show most used apps" always turned on. Today my most used apps disappeared from my start menu, so I checked the setting at Settings>Personalization> Start and found that "Show most used apps" was both turned off, and also greyed...
  4. Allow apps to change settings greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Allow apps to change settings greyed out: I am using windows 10 and my change settings button is grayed out along with the remove button. any help on how to enable it would be much appreciated....
  5. Allow apps to change settings greyed out

Allow apps to change settings greyed out: I am using windows 10 and my change settings button is grayed out along with the remove button. any help on how to enable it would be much appreciated....
  6. Allow apps to change settings greyed out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. apps greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apps greyed out: my apps are greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-greyed-out/1b1ec990-efc0-481f-a127-5495654f3c4b
  8. apps greyed out

apps greyed out: my apps are greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-greyed-out/1b1ec990-efc0-481f-a127-5495654f3c4b
  9. 'Show most used apps' toggle in Settings is greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    'Show most used apps' toggle in Settings is greyed out: I'm not sure what happened. I've always left this setting on. Just recently I noticed my 'most used' programs in the Start Menu was no longer showing. I went into the settings and saw that the toggle was greyed out. [img] Any idea how to get the toggle back?...
  10. show app notification greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    show app notification greyed out: Why is my show app notification greyed out? I see that my organization is "workgroup". This is my personal computer! 25822