Windows 10: Show Notifications at Top or Bottom in Windows 10

Discus and support Show Notifications at Top or Bottom in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Show Notifications at Top or Bottom in Windows 10 How to Have Toast Notifications Show at Top or Bottom of Display in Windows 10 [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Show Notifications at Top or Bottom in Windows 10

How to: Show Notifications at Top or Bottom in Windows 10

How to Have Toast Notifications Show at Top or Bottom of Display in Windows 10

Show Notifications at Top or Bottom in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Warning This tutorial no longer works starting with Windows 10 build 9926 released on January 23rd 2015.

Information A toast notification is a transient message to the user that contains relevant, time-sensitive information and provides quick access to related content in an app. It can appear whether you are in another app, the Start screen, the lock screen, or on the desktop.

A toast notification can contain text, and toast notifications on Windows can contain images. A toast can also play a system-defined sound when it displays.

By default, toast notifications appear in the upper-right corner of your main display screen (top-left corner for right-to-left (RTL) languages).

This tutorial will show you how to have toast notifications display at the top or bottom right corner of your main screen when they appear in Windows 10.

Note This will only affect your user account, and not all users.

EXAMPLE: Toast Notifications at Top and Bottom right corner

Here's How:

Note The .bat files below are for the registry key and value below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer

DisplayToastAtBottom DWORD

0 = Display at top
    1 = Display at bottom

1. Do step 2 or 3 below for what you would like to do.

2. To Display Toast Notifications at Top
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .bat file below, and go to step 4 below.

Display_Toast_Notifications_at_Top.bat

Download
    3. To Display Toast Notifications at Bottom
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .bat file below, and go to step 4 below.

Display_Toast_Notifications_at_Bottom.bat

Download
    4. Save the .bat file to your desktop, and run it.

5. If prompted, click/tap on Run.
    NOTE: If you like, you can stop getting the Run prompt by unblocking the downloaded .bat file.

6. You will now notice your screen flicker as explorer is restarted.

That's it,
    Shawn

:)

Brink, Feb 1, 2015

2. How can I move app notifications?

I like the app notification concept in Windows 10, but I want those notifications to not be at the bottom right of the primary monitor.. how can I have them show up in the top right or on another monitor entirely?

KevinLusty, Feb 1, 2015
  3. Windows 10 notifications appearing in the bottom right corner, can I change this behaviour?

Windows 10 notifications appearing in the bottom right corner, can I change this behaviour? I would like to see them in top right corner, but cannot find this option

BerendEugen, Feb 1, 2015
Thema:

Show Notifications at Top or Bottom in Windows 10

1. Show Notifications at Top or Bottom in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Show Notifications Top

2. Snapping windows to the top and bottom of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snapping windows to the top and bottom of the screen: Hey all,As part of my setup in my office, I have one monitor rotated 180 to use in portrait mode. Something I have not been able to figure out is if you can snap a window to the top or bottom half of the screen as you would snap to the left or right on a landscape screen. Is...
  3. Snapping windows to the top and bottom of the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snapping windows to the top and bottom of the screen: Hey all,As part of my setup in my office, I have one monitor rotated 180 to use in portrait mode. Something I have not been able to figure out is if you can snap a window to the top or bottom half of the screen as you would snap to the left or right on a landscape screen. Is...
  4. Snapping windows to the top and bottom of the screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Notification on bottom bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification on bottom bar: When i click on notifications on the bottom right bar my outlook e mails come up but when I click on each e mail to say read it or reply, it disappears and I used to be able to click on it and read and reply? anyone any idea what has happened and why its doing this?...
  6. Windows 10 Taskbar at the top behaves as if it was on the bottom on startup

Windows 10 Taskbar at the top behaves as if it was on the bottom on startup: This started earlier this week. When I start my computer, any window I open and maximize will have a gap at the bottom as if there was a taskbar there, and the top of it will be behind the taskbar because my taskbar is at the top. It will correct itself if I move the taskbar...
  7. Part of the what is on top of the screen shows up at the bottom

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Part of the what is on top of the screen shows up at the bottom: As seen in this photo, part of the top screen shows up below the taskbar. I think the update may have something to do with this. https://ibb.co/89h0F2V...
  8. Always scroll to the top or bottom

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Always scroll to the top or bottom: I have a problem with my PC which runs Windows 10. Here are some errors of them, Even now I can't type properly in this text box the cursor always move to the top left corner In any browser the web pages scroll to the top or bottom of it always In MS OFFICE and other...
  9. HOW to keep my ribbon top and bottom showing

HOW to keep my ribbon top and bottom showing: how to keep my entire ribbon showing on top and bottom of screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-keep-my-ribbon-top-and-bottom-showing/f69e8671-57d0-4f05-a0cc-d78e1c3a807c
  10. Show Search Box on Top or Bottom in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Show Search Box on Top or Bottom in Windows 10: How to: Show Search Box on Top or Bottom in Windows 10 How to Show Search Box on Top or Bottom in Windows 10 Searching from your taskbar makes it easier for you to search the web and Windows. Starting with Windows 10 build 14946, you can have the search box show at...