Windows 10: Show only MP3 files in File Explorer

Discus and support Show only MP3 files in File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is there a way to make File Explorer only show MP3 files and not include all the album art.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jerry De La Cruz, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Show only MP3 files in File Explorer

Is there a way to make File Explorer only show MP3 files and not include all the album art.

:)

Jerry De La Cruz, Oct 10, 2019

2. Windows 10 File Explorer's Recent Files fails to show MP3 and other extensions

Do you have Explorer set to show extensions? I wonder if you're seeing an actual mp3 or some other file associated with your editing. If a file shows up on the list, you should have access to all normal verbs (open, edit, play, etc)

I initially thought you weren't seeing the files in the Quick Access list, similar to .reg files, but on rereading, it seems you have a different issue.

Can you include a screenshot of the right=click menu of one of these files?

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Oct 10, 2019
  3. AIFF music files not showing details in File Explorer but MP3 does

Hello. I have Windows 10 Version 1709 (build 16299.248) and I recently learned that MP3 is a lossy format so I started re-encoding in AIFF but I noticed that in the music folder it only shows the track name. It's indirectly sorted by track order by putting a two digit number at the beginning of the song title (eg. 01 first track 02 second track) but it isn't showing the track number artist name, album name or any of that other information.
    I contacted Windows support and they did call me back and on the telephone they told me to contact Apple support, and that it may be a compatibility issue. So, I told themI posted this on their boards and the poster also stated that it's a compatibility issue. I don't doubt that this is the case but is there something that I missed? I'm including two screenshots. One shows file explorer with an MP3 album and another with the files in AIFF. I did use MP3Tag and opened up an MP3 and it was using Id3Tag v2.3 where my AIFF's are using v2.2. But I would think that they'd be downward compatible.

Show only MP3 files in File Explorer [​IMG]

Mountain Mike, Oct 10, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Show only MP3 files in File Explorer

AIFF music files not showing details in File Explorer but MP3 does

Hi, I managed to find an aif file (not aiff) to download and my Details pane shows

Maybe you could upload an aiff file?

Note: flac is not lossy.. also the perceived loss with mp3's can be noticeably different dependent on parameters such as the bit rate. At 320kb/s you may well not notice the loss.. and it depends on your speakers and hearing of course.

dalchina, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Show only MP3 files in File Explorer

1. Show only MP3 files in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Show MP3 files

2. Downloaded mp3 files don't show up in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloaded mp3 files don't show up in file explorer.: My specific issue is downloaded youtube mp4's and converted to mp3's with "Realplayer Downloader" and "Realplayer Converter" show up in my WMP library but do not show up in file explorer when accessing thru my cutter/joiner program. "Example" I've ripped 10 tracks from the cd...
  3. Downloaded mp3 files don't show up in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloaded mp3 files don't show up in file explorer.: My specific issue is downloaded youtube mp4's and converted to mp3's with "Realplayer Downloader" and "Realplayer Converter" show up in my WMP library but do not show up in file explorer when accessing thru my cutter/joiner program. "Example" I've ripped 10 tracks from the cd...
  4. Downloaded mp3 files don't show up in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Thumbnails are showing for FLAC files but not MP3

Thumbnails are showing for FLAC files but not MP3: Hi, Yesterday I installed and uninstalled a couple of trial video converters and after that my MP3 thumbnails simply stopped working.I tried all I could find, including the solutions on the thread below but nothing worked. I also tried doing a system restore, but I keep...
  6. Mp3 files tag is not showing in windows explorer

Mp3 files tag is not showing in windows explorer: hi. I use win 10 N and windows don"t show mp3 tag in windows explorer. I download this file: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53356 x x but I receive error : The update in not applicable to your computer. How I can fix this problem...
  7. mp3 file Crashing File explorer

mp3 file Crashing File explorer: Hello Couple weeks ago my mp3 files were fine I was hearing songs just fine. But then I let to repair my laptops keys and came back with the audio not working. Some how i fixed it and its fine. Later on I open groove music and suddenly it crashed im thinking that it maybe...
  8. File Explorer and MP3's

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer and MP3's: How do you get the artist visible on a single MP3? In other words, if I have a number of mp3's in a folder and I want the artist to be visible, the ribbon gives me the ability too show "Album artist", View>Add columns>Album artist, the MP3's in the folder are single, non...
  9. AIFF music files not showing details in File Explorer but MP3 does

in Windows 10 Support
    AIFF music files not showing details in File Explorer but MP3 does: Hello. I have Windows 10 Version 1709 (build 16299.248) and I recently learned that MP3 is a lossy format so I started re-encoding in AIFF but I noticed that in the music folder it only shows the track name. It's indirectly sorted by track order by putting a two digit number...
  10. File Explorer is numbering MP3 files twice

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer is numbering MP3 files twice: I have a file of about 35 GB worth of mp3's on my computer, the list grows and changes as I buy and download new albums or remove an existing one from time to time. I copy the file to a 32 gb flash drive I use in my car and the files play like normal. However, there is now a...