Windows 10: Show or hide volume (speaker) icon on the taskbar

Discus and support Show or hide volume (speaker) icon on the taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I used to have this speaker icon in my taskbar, now its gone. So I went to settings> notifications & actions> turn system icons on or off. but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by billt4g, May 22, 2016.

1. billt4g Win User

Show or hide volume (speaker) icon on the taskbar

Hi, I used to have this speaker icon in my taskbar, now its gone.

So I went to settings> notifications & actions> turn system icons on or off. but the volume choice is dimmed out!! I can't turn it on...

Any help here??*Sad

:)

billt4g, May 22, 2016
  2. lancepar Win User

DDE server windows: explorer.exe - Application error since Windows 10 Anniversary Update

If this meant moving the speaker volume icon from the show hidden icon box, so it appears on the taskbar as the speakers percentage when hi-lighted, then it didn't fix it for me when shutting down and having a hidden task bar.

Worth a try - Glad it worked for others

lancepar, May 22, 2016
  3. lancepar Win User
    DDE server windows: explorer.exe - Application error since Windows 10 Anniversary Update

If this meant moving the speaker volume icon from the show hidden icon box, so it appears on the taskbar as the speakers percentage when hi-lighted, then it didn't fix it for me when shutting down and having a hidden task bar.

Worth a try - Glad it worked for others

Update.

Prior to the above post, with the speaker icon showing on the taskbar and not in the hidden icon box (^) I got the error message window on shut down, so I reported the fix didn't work for me.

Well guess what, after posting the message the next shutdown was error free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope it lasts.

lancepar, May 22, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Bill, *Smile

If you like, you might see if using step 9 in option two of the tutorial below to enable the volume icon may help. It will also apply to Windows 10.

Be sure that you also have your audio drivers installed.

System Icons - Enable or Disable - Windows 7 Help Forums

Brink, May 22, 2016
  5. billt4g Win User
    hi Brink,

How do i check drivers??

billt4g, May 22, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You should be able to download the "Realtek High Definition Audio Codec Driver" from Dell below for your Inspiron 5555.

Product Support | Dell US

Brink, May 22, 2016
  7. billt4g Win User
    Yep. that was what i needed. my driver was out of date..

Thanks for your experienced help! Just what the doctor ordered..*chuckle

billt4g, May 22, 2016
  8. billt4g Win User

What I don't understand is, how if my system is only six months old, Why did I need to do this??

billt4g, May 22, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Great news. *Party

Normally, you should have Realtek drivers available via Windows Update though.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Show or hide volume (speaker) icon on the taskbar - Similar Threads - Show hide volume

2. How to hide icons in taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to hide icons in taskbar?: I see there is an option inside the 'Taskbar settings' saying 'Select which icons appear on the taskbar' but it doesn't. It manipulates the notification area. Where is the option to hide/unhide icons of active programs that appear on the actual task-BAR?...
  3. How to hide icons in taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to hide icons in taskbar?: I see there is an option inside the 'Taskbar settings' saying 'Select which icons appear on the taskbar' but it doesn't. It manipulates the notification area. Where is the option to hide/unhide icons of active programs that appear on the actual task-BAR?...
  4. taskbar speaker icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar speaker icon: HiThe speaker icon on taskbar mostly not responding after clicking it right or left unless i do restart to laptop .As also it happens with the screen icons mostly.But the most terrible one is the speaker icon.Please help to resolve the issue.Thanks...
  5. taskbar speaker icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskbar speaker icon: HiThe speaker icon on taskbar mostly not responding after clicking it right or left unless i do restart to laptop .As also it happens with the screen icons mostly.But the most terrible one is the speaker icon.Please help to resolve the issue.Thanks...
  6. No speakers icon on taskbar

No speakers icon on taskbar: There's no speaker icon on my taskbar and never was. How can I get that icon on the taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-speakers-icon-on-taskbar/94cc97d6-4b65-4d99-bd87-b1bead2a1c97
  7. program icons on taskbar will not hide

program icons on taskbar will not hide: Hi, For my Taskbar on my notebook computer I'm able to turn on/off the system icons on the taskbar via Settings - Personalization - Taskbar - Turn system icons on or off However, toggling the program icons such as OneDrive, does not hide them. On my Desktop PC this works...
  8. volume icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    volume icon on taskbar: how can I get the volume icon on my taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-icon-on-taskbar/789fe288-c5d8-49ac-a0d9-31a2b1797ee4
  9. Volume Icon on Taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume Icon on Taskbar: When I click on the volume icon on my taskbar; it is unresponsive. How do I rectify this issue? HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-icon-on-taskbar/a1c4d685-07ad-4c82-ab97-5f055c74be66
  10. Speaker icon shows in taskbar but does not respond to clicks for volume control

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speaker icon shows in taskbar but does not respond to clicks for volume control: I am running Win 10 on my Dell Inspiron laaptop. I have the Speaker Icon in my taskbar menu but it does not respond when I click it. So the icon does not translate onto my screen into a volume control lever. ANY HELP IN SOLVING THIS? (I would prefer NOT to delete and then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. show or hide volume windows 10

2. taskbar windows hide speaker

3. Show or hide volume (speaker) icon on the taskbar

4. hide speaker icon,
  5. show or hide speaker,
  6. hide volume on taskbar