Windows 10: Show Programs in System Tray in Task Switcher

Discus and support Show Programs in System Tray in Task Switcher in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am using Task Switcher with the Alt-Tab shortcut to switch between running programs. I have the program AIMP running and it is minimized to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mandala, Dec 4, 2018.

1. mandala Win User

Show Programs in System Tray in Task Switcher

I am using Task Switcher with the Alt-Tab shortcut to switch between running programs. I have the program AIMP running and it is minimized to the system tray. I would like to be able to use the Alt-Tab shortcut to quickly re-open AIMP, but it appears that Task Switcher does not include programs that are closed to the system tray. Please advise, thanks.

:)

mandala, Dec 4, 2018

2. Task Switcher randomly gets stuck cycling windows

Good morning!

I am having an issue with the Task Switcher (see image below) activating on its own. It then begins to cycle through the open tasks very rapidly. When this happens I am unable to actually select any of the tasks, nor can I close them out. Windows is essentially frozen at this point and I have to restart.

A few things to note:

• I am running Windows 10 Pro.
    • This happens randomly, sometimes weeks between an incident.
    • Sometimes it happens while I am not even working at the computer. I've noticed it after returning to my desk.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Show Programs in System Tray in Task Switcher [​IMG]

Konkey Dong, Dec 4, 2018
  3. GinaXYZ Win User
    Problems with Task Switcher

I use Remote Desktop for some programs as I am working at a remote site. I have always used Task Switcher to flick between this and open windows on my local drive - e.g. if i am entering a list of invoices onto the accounts program from an excel spreadsheet,
    I will flick between excel and Remote Desktop.

This has worked fine up to now, but I have recently changed to a new laptop and now when I use Task Switcher to flick to Remote Desktop, my next key stroke doesn't register?! E.G if I typed 123, it would only be recorded as 23.

The implications could be quite disastrous - as an extreme example if I entered a figure on an invoice of £3 million, it would only be recorded as £300K !! Obviously I can edit it, but when running through a long list quickly it would be easy to miss.

***Post moved to the appropriate forum category***

GinaXYZ, Dec 4, 2018
  4. dalchina Win User

Task Scheduler - launch program hidden in system tray

If the program doesn't have such a setting. automating that is difficult.

There are programs that add buttons to title bars or allow you to rt click the title bar and choose such an option, but that's not relevant to your need to launch it automatically.

This was discussed here, using an Autohotkey script:
    https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4373
    but I would regard that only as a pointer, not a reliable solution.

There were older programs that did this:
    (I can't post the link - it does something very odd when I do)
    It's on lifehacker.com

Windows only: Freeware application Trayconizer turns any application into a system tray application in just a few steps. Unlike other previously mentioned minimize-to-system-tray apps like TrayIt or 4t Tray Minimizer, Trayconizer starts applications in the system tray from the moment you run them. To use it, you need to tweak the shortcut you're using to launch the application (right-click shortcut and select Properties) by adding the path to Trayconizer in front of the app like so: C:\Path\To\Trayconizer.exe C:\Windows\Notepad.exe. Trayconizer is freeware, Windows only, requires no install, and consumes a paltry 2MB of RAM.

dalchina, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Show Programs in System Tray in Task Switcher - Similar Threads - Show Programs System

2. System Tray arrow not showing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Tray arrow not showing.: After a recent windows 11 update, the little System Tray arrow just is not there anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-tray-arrow-not-showing/7693f6b4-b4e6-4127-af3d-79a21465ba2c
  3. System Tray arrow not showing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Tray arrow not showing.: After a recent windows 11 update, the little System Tray arrow just is not there anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-tray-arrow-not-showing/7693f6b4-b4e6-4127-af3d-79a21465ba2c
  4. System Tray - Power not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Tray - Power not showing: Dear all,I am writing because of the change I have in the System tray. For some reason, it shows my power on the sign-in screen, but not on the system tray.Would anyone know why this is, please?Marek...
  5. System tray programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System tray programs: Recently, i removed my taskbar and replaced it with a dock and now i can't see my system tray. Are there any programs that can show me my Windows system tray? ( I'm not talking about stuff like task manager. I want something cleaner and simpler that just show's me what's...
  6. System tray programs

System tray programs: I have disabled my taskbar and replaced it with a dock and now i cant see my system tray. Are there any programs to show me my system tray? (I'm not talking about stuff like task manager but more simple like the tray is) submitted by /u/GomotianuGod [link] [comments]...
  7. (Program Req) extra system tray

(Program Req) extra system tray: I have a lot of programs in my system tray. I want to better organize them. Windows doesn't seem to have a way to add a second tray, unsurprisingly, but I figure there's a 3rd party program that can do something close to what I want. submitted by /u/Battezu [link]...
  8. Notification/System tray programs showing wrongs icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification/System tray programs showing wrongs icons: Hello, I have a bit of an odd problem, which is purely cosmetic, yet very frustrating. My system tray apps (notification area, the right part of the taskbar) are almost always showing the icons of other installed apps (Even some that aren't currently running). In addition,...
  9. task switcher on all monitors?

task switcher on all monitors?: I have 3 monitors and the fact that the task switcher (the window selector that appears when I press alt+tab) appears only on one of them is a bit annoying. Is there a way to make it always show on all monitors? submitted by /u/xerces8 [link] [comments]...
  10. Task Scheduler - launch program hidden in system tray

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler - launch program hidden in system tray: I am using a program called ThrottleStop to undervolt my laptop. I have configured it via Task Scheduler to launch minimized at the log on of any user. Is there any way to launch it with the icon hidden in the system tray, similar to how Windows Defender works? 96563

Users found this page by searching for:

1. show programs in tray

2. task switcher software

3. force all running programs to show in system tray regedit