Windows 10: Show recently used files in quick access tick box doesn´t stay ticked

Discus and support Show recently used files in quick access tick box doesn´t stay ticked in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For some reason I can´t attach a screenshot here so I will try to explain it. I followed an article that said that I have to get into start settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ľubomír Hušek, Feb 5, 2023.

1. Show recently used files in quick access tick box doesn´t stay ticked

For some reason I can´t attach a screenshot here so I will try to explain it. I followed an article that said that I have to get into start settings and enable the feature which says Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar and in File Explorer Quick Access. This is turned on, HOWEVER, it is greyed out because at the top it says: *some of these settings are managed by your organization So I tried this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt_67VDW4uY but unfortunately with no effect. I have no idea where to go from here, please help. My version is Windows 10 Home

:)

Ľubomír Hušek, Feb 5, 2023
  2. MDTEX Win User

Recent File / Quick access Files

Hi Ramesh,

Thanks for your response and sorry for my late reply.

I have found your suggestions, made the change, by enabling Quick Access

however it is not holding the change.. therefore Quick Access still not working.

In the same Options, it gives me the option to Restore Default. I tried that as well, but it is not enabling Quick Access either.

I need some more help to fix this problem.

Hi Ramesh,

I have followed again your instruction.

> Show recently used files in Quick access - was not ticked; I ticked it

> Show frequently used folders in Quick access - already ticked

Pressed OK

When I went back into Options, the following is again
    not Ticked!!

> Show recently used files in Quick access

For some reason it is not holding the change. This is frustrating.

MDTEX, Feb 5, 2023
  3. MrIndeed Win User
    OneDrive Green tick quick access disappeared

Hello,

I upgraded my computer to the latest slow ring but ever since the green ticks on Quick Access for OneDrive disappeared.

Show recently used files in quick access tick box doesn´t stay ticked 226479d1551895468t-onedrive-green-tick-quick-access-disappeared-onedrive.jpg

How do I restore the green ticks.

Thank you.

MrIndeed, Feb 5, 2023
  4. Show recently used files in quick access tick box doesn´t stay ticked

windows file manager tick box

Hello,

I have a lot of photos and videos on my machine.

When I look at something I want to tick a box so I know I have looked at it recently.

So ticking box logs the time and date of the tick as well.

Gary

garydavies6, Feb 5, 2023
Thema:

Show recently used files in quick access tick box doesn´t stay ticked

1. Show recently used files in quick access tick box doesn´t stay ticked - Similar Threads - Show recently used

2. Show recently used files in quick access tick box doesn´t stay ticked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Show recently used files in quick access tick box doesn´t stay ticked: For some reason I can´t attach a screenshot here so I will try to explain it. I followed an article that said that I have to get into start settings and enable the feature which says Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar and in File Explorer Quick...
  3. Show recently used files in quick access tick box doesn´t stay ticked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Show recently used files in quick access tick box doesn´t stay ticked: For some reason I can´t attach a screenshot here so I will try to explain it. I followed an article that said that I have to get into start settings and enable the feature which says Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar and in File Explorer Quick...
  4. Tick mark files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tick mark files: All the folders and files in documents are added to desktop they contain tick mark.how remove them from desktop without deleting them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tick-mark-files/ff1acae7-55b6-495b-b2e5-081eed3e3874
  5. Tick mark files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tick mark files: All the folders and files in documents are added to desktop they contain tick mark.how remove them from desktop without deleting them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tick-mark-files/ff1acae7-55b6-495b-b2e5-081eed3e3874
  6. windows file manager tick box

windows file manager tick box: Hello, I have a lot of photos and videos on my machine. When I look at something I want to tick a box so I know I have looked at it recently. So ticking box logs the time and date of the tick as well. Gary...
  7. OneDrive Green tick quick access disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Green tick quick access disappeared: Hello, I upgraded my computer to the latest slow ring but ever since the green ticks on Quick Access for OneDrive disappeared. [img] How do I restore the green ticks. Thank you. 128423
  8. OneDrive Green tick quick access disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Green tick quick access disappeared: Hello, I upgraded my computer to the latest slow ring but ever since the green ticks on Quick Access for OneDrive disappeared. [img] How do I restore the green ticks. Thank you. 128423
  9. ticking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ticking: I think the HDD is going. Do I just install it and recover from my Macrium image as usual or do I have to format etc.? What else could be making an intermittent ticking? I ran Dell DX and it said all OK as did Speccy but I don't trust software testing. Should I run...
  10. Network discovery don't stay ticked on!

Network discovery don't stay ticked on!: Hi guys, i really hope that here someone can help me! i can't activate network discovery, because the setting don't stay ticked on, i'm on windows 10 and i'm desperate!!! [img] Group Home it's working fine! 53753