Windows 10: Show search box option doesn't appear

Discus and support Show search box option doesn't appear in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, I recently did a factory reset of my HP laptop, and, when I began using it again, there were some issues with the taskbar. I use an external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SO_1, Jun 24, 2020.

1. SO_1 Win User

Show search box option doesn't appear

Hi all,

I recently did a factory reset of my HP laptop, and, when I began using it again, there were some issues with the taskbar. I use an external monitor with the laptop screen closed, and the display settings set to "only on [external monitor]", and, for some reason, there is no option in the search menu of the right click menu to "show search box", and there is more blank space in between the icons, and the ones in the bottom right appear to be more squished. The issue remedies itself when I open my laptop screen and it detects the other monitor, but only in that one session; it comes back when I sleep/restart. I have also opened a new local Admin account, and it works there.

I appreciate your answers in advance, and let me know if I need to provide more diagnostic data.

:)

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jun 24, 2020
  3. AlbertoMA Win User
    my 3Dprinter doesn´t appear

My 3D printer doesn´t appear on when I open 3D builder on the left popup to choose printer.

Is it need to do any previous step?? I thought It was plug and play. the printer is an UP Plus2 from Tiertime so, it is one of the recommended partners manufaturers. any message of error just doesnçt possible to send the prin.

AlbertoMA, Jun 24, 2020
  4. JohnHeinz Win User

Windows 10 Search box

Which instructions are you suggesting I missed? There is no search icon. Right clicking the taskbar shows no search option. The "small characters" or icons trick did nothing. The regedit thing:
    Follow these steps to turn on the hidden search box:

• Open regedit
    • Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search
    • Inside the search key, create the new DWORD value named EnableSearchBox and set it to 1
    • Restart your computer or simply Explorer Shell
    Did not give me a search option that I can find.

So in at least MY version of windows 10 there is no search box I can find that will allow me to search my own computer to find possible misplaced files.

So what are the instructions?

JohnHeinz, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Show search box option doesn't appear - Similar Threads - Show search box

2. The "Show Search Box" Option Is Missing In Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The "Show Search Box" Option Is Missing In Settings: As of the original "Moment 2" update to windows 11, the search box option has been missing for me, at first I could see the option, but after a day or 2 it disappeared, now I have just updated to the latest stable build "22621.1555" and I am still experiencing the problem, I...
  3. The "Show Search Box" Option Is Missing In Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The "Show Search Box" Option Is Missing In Settings: As of the original "Moment 2" update to windows 11, the search box option has been missing for me, at first I could see the option, but after a day or 2 it disappeared, now I have just updated to the latest stable build "22621.1555" and I am still experiencing the problem, I...
  4. password box doesn't appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    password box doesn't appear: When I click on my screen to open the password box my screen goes blank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-box-doesnt-appear/93eecabf-8a7e-424d-8b29-6e2b09c0fad3
  5. password box doesn't appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    password box doesn't appear: When I click on my screen to open the password box my screen goes blank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-box-doesnt-appear/93eecabf-8a7e-424d-8b29-6e2b09c0fad3
  6. password box doesn't appear

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Abnormal appearance of the search box

in Windows 10 Customization
    Abnormal appearance of the search box: Hello,Since a few days I have witnessed that the search box looks abnormal suddenly. The magnifying glass suddenly disappears and there is slight blue tinge that appears in the box. All of it returns to normal when I just hover the curser on the search box. Is there a...
  8. Search box missing with no option for "show search box"

in Cortana
    Search box missing with no option for "show search box": I followed this thread exactly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-the-search-box-back-in-the-task-bar-win-10/d6d22ba7-7398-4bc9-b86f-e41e6e80f7d4 but still don't have the search bar. Yes, I have "use small taskbars" set to off. Yes, I have...
  9. Long system search option doesn't appear

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Long system search option doesn't appear: Hello, I have latest version of windows(without cortana) and I want my system search thing to be long, not just the magnifier icon but I don't see this option when I press RMB on search button. USA region with english version, 2004(19041.450) Windows isn't modified submitted...
  10. Log in Box doesn't appear

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Log in Box doesn't appear: Hello, when I'm starting my Windows 10 Pc, all shine to be ok, but when I want to write my password ,the log in box doesn't appear. I saw that I'm not alone having this problem, and I tried the methods of the other answers but it hasn't help me. So what can I do? [moved...