Windows 10: Show search results in English?

Discus and support Show search results in English? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 in my native language. Often I look online to see solutions to different problems that show step by step guides through menus and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/s22stumarket, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Show search results in English?

I am using Windows 10 in my native language. Often I look online to see solutions to different problems that show step by step guides through menus and settings. The guides are in English but when I type English keywords in the search bar it does not show the results because it wants to have the keywords in the language I am using. Quite often it is difficult to find the right keywords because they are not straight-forward translations.

Is there a way to include English in search results?

submitted by /u/s22stumarket
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/s22stumarket, Apr 4, 2020
  2. Remonator Win User

Certain apps don't show in search results

Some of my applications don't show in search results when I search for them.

E.g. Visual Studio, it shows only a local directory named "Visual Studio 2017" but it doensn't show the application itself.

Some other applications are listed as wrong version (already uninstalled), and some others dont't show at all (e.g. Putty)

I've already rebuilt the index and ran sfc /scannow several times, and got shortcuts for the apps in both

• %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    and

• %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

I'm running Windows 10 Pro Version 1607 (Build 14393.1358)

Any suggestions?

Remonator, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      Show search results in English? a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Show search results in English?

Turn Off Web Search Results When Searching My Computer

Hi,

If you are pertaining to the Cortana search web results, you can disable it and improve local search results. Follow the steps below to disable web results:

• Click the search bar.
    • Select the Notebook icon on the left pane of the search bar.
    • From the options, select Settings. (Note: On the later versions of Windows, the Settings button might be outside the Notebook icon.)
    • On the Settings, toggle the Cortana gives me suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option to
      Off.
    • On the lower part, turn off the Search online and included web results option as well.

See the image as reference to the above steps:

Show search results in English? 7c9e0858-2114-462b-b171-63b6e7d3089d.jpg

After doing the steps, try using search again and see if the web results will now disappear.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query anytime.

Anne Ros, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Show search results in English?

1. Show search results in English? - Similar Threads - Show search results

2. Windows Search Not Showing Web Results

in Cortana
    Windows Search Not Showing Web Results: I have been using a Windows 10 Professional from the past 4 months and from yesterday the Windows Search was not showing any Web Results. I am from India and according to this article:...
  3. "Showing results for", "Search instead for" missing in Google results

in Browsers and Email
    "Showing results for", "Search instead for" missing in Google results: Up until recently, when it met the criteria to illicit such a response, I got those suggestions when running a Firefox google search. Now, It only happens in Chrome. I thought it might have something to do with an alteration in my Google account settings, but if that was...
  4. Program doesn't show in search results

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program doesn't show in search results: When I search for a program from the Start > Search menu, a specific program that is installed in my computer doesn't show under the letter of its name. What can be the reason? Is the problem on the program or Windows'[ATTACH] end?...
  5. Search Results Panel shows results in a broken layout

in Cortana
    Search Results Panel shows results in a broken layout: Hi, Since few days ago Search Results Panel shows results in a broken layout. Other user profiles on the same PC do not suffer. Does anyone know where it keeps (file / registry location?) its settings in order to reset them? I am using Windows 10 1903. Thx. [ATTACH]...
  6. Search file not showing results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search file not showing results: HI, I have a file, and when I search for "youtube" it doesn't show results. but when I search for "youtu" it will highlight the "youtu" in each name of the links and show all the links. if I add the b , again there will be no results. why is it? thanks! 134238
  7. Windows Search Bar shows no result

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Search Bar shows no result: my windows search bar shows no result at all, it goes block and shows a white display. Please help[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-bar-shows-no-result/a9f73fd7-1a52-4ea1-a60a-783dc45b8f20
  8. Search not showing any results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search not showing any results: Windows search is not showing any results. It keeps searching... 21347
  9. Search only shows Web Results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search only shows Web Results: When I search for something in the search bar, now I am only getting web results. I am not getting computer related items. For example, if I search for printers, I only get web results about printers. I am not getting anything about the printers I have installed on this...
  10. Search not showing results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search not showing results: Hi. Anyone know how to fix the search function in Windows 10? It's not showing any results. So far I already tried the following but to no avail. Rebuild indexing, scannow cmd, chdsk /r,. 10886