Windows 10: Show Sender Pictures in Windows 10 Mail App messages

Discus and support Show Sender Pictures in Windows 10 Mail App messages in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Windows 10 Mail App is designed to enable fast communication and allow you to focus on what’s important across all your accounts. The app, by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 8, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

Show Sender Pictures in Windows 10 Mail App messages

WinClub, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Eagle51 Win User

Outlook Mail

Hey enigma1944,
    Sorry ... Windows 10 Mail App > Settings (cog lower left) > Reading > Show sender pictures in the message list > Turn it off

Eagle51, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    contact pictures not showing in mail app

The next troubleshooting step we suggest is to uninstall and reinstall the Mail app. Here are the steps:

• Click the Start button.

• Type Windows Powershell.

• Right-click Windows Powershell and click
      Run as
      Administrator.

• Type Get-AppxPackage *windowscommunicationsapps* | Remove-AppxPackage

• Press Enter.

Note: The Mail app and the Calendar app are tied together, so the Calendar app will get uninstalled as well.

After uninstalling the Mail app, restart your computer. You can then reinstall it by following these steps:

• Click the Start button.

• Type Windows Powershell.

• Right-click Windows Powershell and click
      Run as Administrator.

• Type Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

• Press Enter.

When choosing a contact photo, the Photos app would show the pictures under the "Collection" tab by default. You can click the last icon, which would bring you to the "Folders"
    tab. You can then browse the folders in your computer for the picture you want.

Show Sender Pictures in Windows 10 Mail App messages ffd35697-b8c1-4d10-85d8-efb7ef132dc3.png

Let us know if the contact photos appear in the Mail app after reinstalling it.

Yolvi Ell, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Helmut Win User

Outlook mail

It's supposed to be for a contact picture, though it's some rather silly indexing letters at the moment.
    To switch that off, but only in the email list, they remain in the message view. In the Windows 10 Mail App go to Settings > Reading > Show sender pictures OFF.
    Same sort of idea if that is somewhere else.
    There are updates almost every week for that App that can change the settings.

You seem to be stuck with those in the Contacts App, no ON/OFF option.

Helmut, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Show Sender Pictures in Windows 10 Mail App messages - Similar Threads - Show Sender Pictures

2. Block Senders On Mail App for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Block Senders On Mail App for Windows 10: How do I block email addresses through the Mail App as I don't see an option to do so?I can see an option called MOVE TO JUNK and when I click it, It says Sender blocked does this mean the sender is actually blocked and that I wont receive any mail from them?Please...
  3. Block Senders On Mail App for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Block Senders On Mail App for Windows 10: How do I block email addresses through the Mail App as I don't see an option to do so?I can see an option called MOVE TO JUNK and when I click it, It says Sender blocked does this mean the sender is actually blocked and that I wont receive any mail from them?Please...
  4. Wrong Sender Shown in Mail App

Wrong Sender Shown in Mail App: When I send an email using the Mail app in Windows 10, my wife's name is shown as the sender rather than me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-sender-shown-in-mail-app/a27f3c43-0875-4747-8465-1c4d983b2332
  5. Windows 10 Mail safe senders

Windows 10 Mail safe senders: I found a topic here from 2017 on point, saying there was no safe senders function in Windows 10 Mail. Is that still the case? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-safe-senders/ed9c1f29-4541-4ebb-a60b-4fe6ce8461fe
  6. Windows Mail App uses wrong sender name in messages I send

Windows Mail App uses wrong sender name in messages I send: I have found when using a Gmail account with Windows 10 Mail App that it uses the wrong sender name. This has been posted about before and I could not find a posted solution. This was the fix for me. It all relates to the order in which email accounts are created. Change...
  7. How to display pictures in Mail app messages

How to display pictures in Mail app messages: All of the pictures for my Mail app messages are icons. There used to be a way to requests the pictures of these icons to be downloaded. I can't find this option any more. How do I get then downloaded for the message that I'm displaying?...
  8. Windows 10 Mail not showing pictures

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail not showing pictures: It was working well even after doing an in place upgrade to the new build\Creator's Update, but since today the images won't load, just red X. The option about downloading external images is enabled. 81417
  9. Hide or Show Sender Pictures in Windows 10 Mail App

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Sender Pictures in Windows 10 Mail App: How to: Hide or Show Sender Pictures in Windows 10 Mail App How to Hide or Show Sender Pictures in Message List of Windows 10 Mail App The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with...
  10. Hide Sender Pictures in Outlook Mail on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide Sender Pictures in Outlook Mail on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Hide Sender Pictures in Outlook Mail on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Hide or Show Sender Pictures in Outlook Mail on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information By default, the Outlook Mail app on your Windows 10 Mobile phone will show the sender pictures in...