Windows 10: Show taskbar on desktop/when using small windows but hide when using maximized/fullscreen...

Discus and support Show taskbar on desktop/when using small windows but hide when using maximized/fullscreen... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, I wondered if it is possible to mix the hide and show toolbar options. Basically I want it to show as long as you can see parts of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/captain_cocaine86, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Show taskbar on desktop/when using small windows but hide when using maximized/fullscreen...

Hey guys,

I wondered if it is possible to mix the hide and show toolbar options. Basically I want it to show as long as you can see parts of the desktop, or in other words:

show taskbar when on desktop or only small windows are opened

hide when maximized or full screen window is open

submitted by /u/captain_cocaine86
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/captain_cocaine86, Sep 5, 2020
  2. Zrizt Win User

Sometimes, mousing over my auto-hidden taskbar will not show the taskbar while my browser/application is maximized.

Here's what happens. My taskbar is set to auto-hide. I'm on an application, usually a web browser such as Google Chrome or Firefox, or other applications such as iTunes or VLC video player, and the application is set to maximized size (not fullscreen). Normally,
    despite the application being maximized, mousing to the bottom of the screen where my taskbar is allows the taskbar to be shown. But sometimes, especially after having watched a video in fullscreen and then exiting fullscreen, mousing to the bottom of the
    screen does not show my taskbar. The only option for me is to un-maximize the window, mouse to the bottom of the screen to show the taskbar, click the taskbar, and then re-maximize the window. While a simple fix, this is a very tedious procedure as this problem
    occurs very often. Is there a way to make it so that the taskbar always shows up when moused over while an application is maximized?

I don't think it matters but I'm using a Lenovo Edge 15 laptop running Windows 10.

Zrizt, Sep 5, 2020
  3. hide the taskbar

Hi

my name is Dennis, I'm an independent advisor and I'll do my best to help today.

follow these steps

1. On any blank area of your Windows 10 taskbar, right click to reveal a list of menu options.

2. At the bottom of the list of options, click on Taskbar settings.

3. In the Taskbar menu, ensure that the option for "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" is enabled by clicking to turn the small lever to the right of the option blue.

4. Your taskbar should disappear automatically once the hide options are enabled.

Regards,

Dennis.

DennisDiaz1, Sep 5, 2020
  4. Show taskbar on desktop/when using small windows but hide when using maximized/fullscreen...

Taskbar isnt hiding

The windows 10 taskbar wont (Frustratingly) hide when I do anything fullscreen related. For example, In youtube it goes fullscreen, but the taskbar wont hide. Same thing with games or anything fullscreen related. one example of "Anything fullscreen related"
    is a common steam game : Unturned. the taskbar wont hide during fullscreen mode. Also, Please do not suggest auto-hide. auto-hide is as cancerous as the problem itself, In my opinion.

AndyLimaVZ, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Show taskbar on desktop/when using small windows but hide when using maximized/fullscreen...

1. Show taskbar on desktop/when using small windows but hide when using maximized/fullscreen... - Similar Threads - Show taskbar desktop

2. Hide taskbar when and only when at fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hide taskbar when and only when at fullscreen mode: Windows 11 offer the option:Automatically hide the taskbarAfter selecting it, the taskbar automatically hide no matter whether at fullscreen mode.If deselecting it, the taskbar does not hide even at fullscreen mode.What I want:hide the taskbar when at fullscreen mode.show the...
  3. Hide taskbar when and only when at fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hide taskbar when and only when at fullscreen mode: Windows 11 offer the option:Automatically hide the taskbarAfter selecting it, the taskbar automatically hide no matter whether at fullscreen mode.If deselecting it, the taskbar does not hide even at fullscreen mode.What I want:hide the taskbar when at fullscreen mode.show the...
  4. Taskbar hides when fullscreen application is in the background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar hides when fullscreen application is in the background: Hello,I think this is new, when I have a fullscreen application and put it in the background my taskbar is still hidden and that is very annoying.Is this some sort of setting or just a feature?...
  5. Taskbar hides when fullscreen application is in the background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar hides when fullscreen application is in the background: Hello,I think this is new, when I have a fullscreen application and put it in the background my taskbar is still hidden and that is very annoying.Is this some sort of setting or just a feature?...
  6. Taskbar hides when fullscreen application is in the background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Show date when using small icons taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Show date when using small icons taskbar: Hi If I want to have the small icons taskbar activated, the date doesn't appear. I've seen that you can enlarge the taskbar, and it will show up but, is there any other way of showing the date without changing the size of the icons nor taskbar? submitted by /u/tragorck...
  8. Hide shortcuts when using multiple desktops

Hide shortcuts when using multiple desktops: I like using multiple desktops in Win 10 but I'd like to customise what shortcut icons I have on each. Is this possible, and if so, how? submitted by /u/Bablemikey [link] [comments]...
  9. Is it possible to hide the taskbar only when a window is maximized?

Is it possible to hide the taskbar only when a window is maximized?: I am wondering if there is any way to get the taskbar to hide only when a window is maximized. I have seen a couple solutions out there, but the few that I saw did not work for multi-monitor setups (they hid all of my task bars on all screens when just one screen had a...
  10. Desktop is covered by the taskbar when Windows is maximized

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop is covered by the taskbar when Windows is maximized: When I maximize Windows, I see the bottom scroll bar behind the task bar. I haven’t had this issue before. I’d like to have the desktop not covered by the taskbar...