Windows 10: Show Taskbar while on the Desktop

Discus and support Show Taskbar while on the Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently turned on auto hide taskbar in the taskbar settings to see if I liked it, I did except for one small thing. I love not having the taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by zcool99, Feb 5, 2019.

1. zcool99 Win User

Show Taskbar while on the Desktop

I recently turned on auto hide taskbar in the taskbar settings to see if I liked it, I did except for one small thing. I love not having the taskbar there when I'm in Chrome, Unity, or FL Studio but It is very inconvenient to have it hidden while I'm on the Desktop. Is there a way to make this happen? I don't care if it is a Windows setting, scrip, or 3rd party program just please help me try and find a solution to this issue.

:)

zcool99, Feb 5, 2019
  2. Ian Ser Win User

cannot find option to pin a Show Desktop button to taskbar

Hi Sherry,

There is a button besides the notification are in the taskbar that when clicked, you are directed to the desktop. Also, there are other ways on how you can access the desktop. Here are some:

• Press Windows key + D on your keyboard.
    • Right-click on the taskbar and click Show the desktop.

You can also access all the files, shortcuts, programs that you have in the desktop from the Toolbars in the taskbar. Here's how you can enable the feature:

• Right-click on the taskbar and click Toolbars.
    • Click Desktop.
    • A Desktop label would show on the left side of the notification area and to see the desktop items, click the arrow.

Let us know if there's anything else you need.

Ian Ser, Feb 5, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Desktop icons moved to taskbar menu

Please try this:

• Right click an empty part of the Desktop and choose 'View' - Show Desktop Icons
    • Right click the Taskbar, select 'Toolbars' and uncheck Desktop

DaveM121, Feb 5, 2019
  4. CalmLight Win User

Taskbar toolbar "Desktop" opens behind Taskbar

Hello,

Please supply a workaround and/or a bug-acknowledgement for the following behaviour?

Setup - Windows 10. Taskbar "left" position. Taskbar-toolbar "Desktop" added to the Taskbar.

Issue - When the "Desktop" toolbar-item on the Taskbar is selected, the Desktop list appears behind the Taskbar, such that it is partly masked. Menu is unusable. Then later e.g. when Windows Explorer has done something else, the issue has gone away; after
    a Restart the issue repeats.

Screen-clip attached. Screen-clip shows that the "double down arrow" of the taskbar's Desktop item has been selected. It also shows that the desktop listing is displayed behind the taskbar.

Thank you and regards.

Show Taskbar while on the Desktop 1a7f1654-821b-49ae-8394-e0d43bb2cc7f.png

CalmLight, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Show Taskbar while on the Desktop - Similar Threads - Show Taskbar while

2. add the show desktop button to the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add the show desktop button to the taskbar: how do I add the show desktop button to the taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-the-show-desktop-button-to-the-taskbar/1981a045-773b-4c7e-b297-9bf6f48a82ff
  3. add the show desktop button to the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    add the show desktop button to the taskbar: how do I add the show desktop button to the taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-the-show-desktop-button-to-the-taskbar/1981a045-773b-4c7e-b297-9bf6f48a82ff
  4. add the show desktop button to the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Is there a way to hide taskbar while using an application but show while on desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to hide taskbar while using an application but show while on desktop?: (title) submitted by /u/xanoka [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j86n90/is_there_a_way_to_hide_taskbar_while_using_an/
  6. How to enable taskbar while having autohide taskbar on in desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to enable taskbar while having autohide taskbar on in desktop: I'm using a tablet so it's easier to keep the toolbar on the right, i have a transparent toolbar, but it's really hard to use when it becomes hidden and disabling autohide eats too much of the screen, how do i keep the toolbar on with auto hide option enabled ? submitted by...
  7. Show Desktop button in taskbar

Show Desktop button in taskbar: All of my Windows computers have had a "show desktop" button in the taskbar but my Windows 10 computer does not. Can anyone tell me how to put one there? Many thanks for your help. Peter E. Dietz...
  8. Desktop, Taskbar and Start Menu not showing.

Desktop, Taskbar and Start Menu not showing.: The Desktop, Taskbar, Start Menu and Windows Key (Command) aren't showing up or working, not even on Safe Mode. I am using Windows 10 on a MacBook Pro 9. Bootcamp wasn't working properly before, so I restored it with the latest drivers and reset PRAM, which got it working...
  9. Taskbar showing Desktop icons

Taskbar showing Desktop icons: So, my taskbar suddenly grew to twice the size and I do not know what happened. Here's an image: [ATTACH] I would like to shrink it down back to regular size and get rid of the "Desktop" category showing the "This PC," "Libraries" and "Network Folder" etc. Thanks in...
  10. Show Desktop on the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Show Desktop on the Taskbar: [img] I hope this an easy one. This image is from my Windows 7 PC, but I want my Windows 10 to look the same. 120614