Windows 10: Show thumbnail for shortcut of a video file?

Discus and support Show thumbnail for shortcut of a video file? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there any way for thumbnails to appear on shortcuts of video files? Just like if it was the actual video file? Right now I just have a generic icon.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bobsagetfullhou, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Show thumbnail for shortcut of a video file?

Is there any way for thumbnails to appear on shortcuts of video files? Just like if it was the actual video file? Right now I just have a generic icon.

:)

bobsagetfullhou, Aug 4, 2018
  2. Ar Rom Win User

Video Thumbnails not showing

Hi,

To address your concern, let's try to run the System File Checker scan to find and fix corrupt or missing system files. The steps are found on this

link

Keep us posted with the result.

Ar Rom, Aug 4, 2018
  3. sam9 Win User
    VLC not showing thumbnails view of Video File

VLC is not showing thumbnails view of video files. My Video files are generally flv. I have not checked whether it is showing thumbnails for other type of video files or not.

sam9, Aug 4, 2018
  4. Berton Win User

Show thumbnail for shortcut of a video file?

Video Files Not Showing Thumbnails in File Explorer

I didn't have much of thumbnails for videos until I installed VLC/Video LAN player. Win10 doesn't come with much for videos.

Show thumbnail for shortcut of a video file? [​IMG]

Berton, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

Show thumbnail for shortcut of a video file?

1. Show thumbnail for shortcut of a video file? - Similar Threads - Show thumbnail shortcut

2. Thumbnails not showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnails not showing: For some reason thumbnails will show for regular photos but not clip studio paint files. I have the program and they show fine on my desktop but I just got the Surface Go and they won't show on that. If I go to send a file they'll show but not in the file explorer/my...
  3. PNG Icon overlays the video files thumbnail

in Windows 10 Customization
    PNG Icon overlays the video files thumbnail: Hi all, Well, I have been researching in this (and other forums) and I still can't fix this. Actually in my Windows 10 there is a PNG icon overlaying the thumbnail of video files. This happened after I just tried to change the default icon of VLC player, but now, all the...
  4. Lost Permissions, Shortcuts, Thumbnails, etc...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lost Permissions, Shortcuts, Thumbnails, etc...: So my PC is behaving very strangely. It all started when I accidentally, permanently deleted some video clips I didn't mean to delete. I shut down the PC, removed the hard drive, and installed it into another, Windows 7 PC, as a secondary HDD. I used EaseUS data recovery...
  5. VLC not showing thumbnails view of Video File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VLC not showing thumbnails view of Video File: VLC is not showing thumbnails view of video files. My Video files are generally flv. I have not checked whether it is showing thumbnails for other type of video files or not. 44934
  6. Why do my Video Icons no longer show Thumbnail of video?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why do my Video Icons no longer show Thumbnail of video?: Hiya! Please help. Initially, my video icons in Explorer would appear as thumbnails of the video they represented. What I mean is, "La La Land.mp4", for example, would show as a rectangular snapshot of the video. But now, all my video icons are this standard default as seen...
  7. Not all photo thumbnails showing.

in Windows 10 Support
    Not all photo thumbnails showing.: Hi there chaps. I have this problem with File Explorer. I have checked the box "Always show icons, never thumbnails" [img] But not all of the thumbnails are showing. I get a mixture of the "mountain" icon as well as some thumbnails. [img] I have tried to delete...
  8. Video Files Not Showing Thumbnails in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Video Files Not Showing Thumbnails in File Explorer: I've ran Disk Cleaner to delete the thumbnails. I've deleted the thumbnail caches via command prompt (Admin). I've gone through View/Options/View and made sure "Always show icons, never thumbnails" was not checked. And still, I cannot get thumbnails for my .mp4...
  9. Thumbnails showing as icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnails showing as icons: Hi - I hope someone can help When I look at my phone image files through my laptop via USB MTP using Windows10 I can see some file thumbnails as images (those from the DCIM Android folders - DCM images and other JPG images transferred to my phone from my camera) but other...
  10. Files, mostly raw video, no thumbnail creation, hangs in explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Files, mostly raw video, no thumbnail creation, hangs in explorer: I have this issue, where when I go to a folder to look at a file, filename.ts (a raw video created with Colossus Capture card), the file doesn't thumbnail, I usually have two files per folder. This started happening back when I was with 7, not sure why but it just started...