Windows 10: Show thumbnail for shortcut of a video file?

Discus and support Show thumbnail for shortcut of a video file? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there any way for thumbnails to appear on shortcuts of video files? Just like if it was the actual video file? Right now I just have a generic icon.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bobsagetfullhou, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Show thumbnail for shortcut of a video file?

Is there any way for thumbnails to appear on shortcuts of video files? Just like if it was the actual video file? Right now I just have a generic icon.

:)

bobsagetfullhou, Aug 4, 2018
  2. Ar Rom Win User

Video Thumbnails not showing

Hi,

To address your concern, let's try to run the System File Checker scan to find and fix corrupt or missing system files. The steps are found on this

link

Keep us posted with the result.

Ar Rom, Aug 4, 2018
  3. sam9 Win User
    VLC not showing thumbnails view of Video File

VLC is not showing thumbnails view of video files. My Video files are generally flv. I have not checked whether it is showing thumbnails for other type of video files or not.

sam9, Aug 4, 2018
  4. Berton Win User

Show thumbnail for shortcut of a video file?

Video Files Not Showing Thumbnails in File Explorer

I didn't have much of thumbnails for videos until I installed VLC/Video LAN player. Win10 doesn't come with much for videos.

Show thumbnail for shortcut of a video file? [​IMG]

Berton, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

Show thumbnail for shortcut of a video file?

1. Show thumbnail for shortcut of a video file? - Similar Threads - Show thumbnail shortcut

2. Video thumbnails are not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video thumbnails are not showing: I built a new computer back in April last year and had Windows 11 installed on it. Everything was working fine except for the fact that for some reason the system would not show any thumbnail previews of any of my video files. That includes MP4s, MKVs, or even older formats...
  3. Video thumbnails are not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video thumbnails are not showing: I built a new computer back in April last year and had Windows 11 installed on it. Everything was working fine except for the fact that for some reason the system would not show any thumbnail previews of any of my video files. That includes MP4s, MKVs, or even older formats...
  4. Video Thumbnails not showing with 2K Video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Thumbnails not showing with 2K Video: I've recently started to take videos with my phone in 2k NOT 1080p & since doing so the thumbnail of the file is not showing But it still does on the 1080p video files. ? is this a bug in Windows or something to do with my PC? Running windows 10Any help would be appreciated...
  5. Video Thumbnails not showing with 2K Video

Video Thumbnails not showing with 2K Video: I've recently started to take videos with my phone in 2k NOT 1080p & since doing so the thumbnail of the file is not showing But it still does on the 1080p video files. ? is this a bug in Windows or something to do with my PC? Running windows 10Any help would be appreciated...
  6. Video Thumbnails not showing with 2K Video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Video thumbnails not showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video thumbnails not showing: Hi all, so I have a strange issue with thumbnails for video files not showing - it's just the Film & TV icon. This happens ONLY for video files - pictures thumbnails show up just fine. The videos are typical MP4 files H264 encoding and play perfectly fine in the Film & TV...
  8. File explorer thumbnails show no preview for videos

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer thumbnails show no preview for videos: Hi all, I just built a pc and installed Windows 10. I have been working on Macs for years now so there is a bit of a learning curve. I usually do video editing but have run into a problem. Typically when I go to finder, Mac's version of file explorer, I see a thumbnail with a...
  9. VLC not showing thumbnails view of Video File

VLC not showing thumbnails view of Video File: VLC is not showing thumbnails view of video files. My Video files are generally flv. I have not checked whether it is showing thumbnails for other type of video files or not. 44934
  10. Video Files Not Showing Thumbnails in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Video Files Not Showing Thumbnails in File Explorer: I've ran Disk Cleaner to delete the thumbnails. I've deleted the thumbnail caches via command prompt (Admin). I've gone through View/Options/View and made sure "Always show icons, never thumbnails" was not checked. And still, I cannot get thumbnails for my .mp4...