Windows 10: Show thumbnails only on images

Discus and support Show thumbnails only on images in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, I want to see thumbnails but only for images, not for files, nor excel sheets, nor nothing, only images, is that possible? Thanks in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Libersoul, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Show thumbnails only on images

Hey guys, I want to see thumbnails but only for images, not for files, nor excel sheets, nor nothing, only images, is that possible?

Thanks in advanced!

submitted by /u/Libersoul
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Libersoul, Mar 15, 2020

2. Thumbnails won't show images

On Windows 10 my images aren't showing the image in the thumbnail. It's showing a pieces of blank paper. This randomly started happening today. I have checked the "Organize" setting and the "Always show icons, never thumbnails" is unchecked. I'm not sure
    what else to do. Any suggestions?

Brianne295, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Dgo47 Win User
    File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Mar 15, 2020
  4. Jelu Cal Win User

Show thumbnails only on images

Image thumbnails not showing

Hi,

Your concern about the performance of your device when viewing photo thumbnails can be due to its configuration and/or corrupted system files. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• The last changes made/activities performed on your device prior to your concern.
    • If you've experienced your concern on multiple image file extensions. Examples are JPEG, JFIF, BAT, GIF, and PNG.
    • The version and build of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

Based on the steps that you've already performed, we'd recommend performing the following to recreate the thumbnail cache:

• Open File Explorer.
    • On the left pane, click This PC.
    • Right-click the C: drive where Windows 10 is installed, and select Properties.
    • Click the Disk Cleanup button.
    • Check the Thumbnails option, and uncheck all the other options.
    • Click OK.
    • Click Delete Files to confirm and to complete the task.

In the event that the steps did not suffice, we'd recommend going through the commands posted below to further isolate your concern:

• Open Start.
    • Search for Command Prompt.
    • Right-click the result and select Run as administrator.
    • Type the following command to stop File Explorer and press Enter.

taskkill /f /im explorer.exe
    • Type the following command to delete all the thumbnail database files without asking for confirmation and press Enter.:

del /f /s /q /a %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\thumbcache_*.db
    • Type the following command to start File Explorer and press Enter.

start explorer.exe
    • Close Command Prompt to complete the task.

Note: We understand that you've already performed two of the commands listed. We've detailed the known succession and format of commands that works on many occasions on other users.

Also, if you've only experienced this issue on images with JPEG/JPG/JPE file extensions, we'd recommend

downloading the registry items
    that we've prepared for you and merge them on your existing registry configuration. To do this, you can perform the following:

• Once download is complete, right-click on one of the registry items.

Show thumbnails only on images 72a00d61-b79f-4d3e-afac-bec50f0afed1?upload=true.png
    • Select Merge.

Show thumbnails only on images a47df25c-fb45-43b9-8b15-05973d7a2839?upload=true.png

Note: Changes in the registry may cause issues on your device when done incorrectly. To secure your device, we'd recommend backing it up by performing the steps posted on this

link
    . The article also includes steps on how you can restore them in case you need to.

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

Show thumbnails only on images

1. Show thumbnails only on images - Similar Threads - Show thumbnails images

2. Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine.: Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine. if i change .mp4 file to .vob the icons show a preview again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-thumbnails-not-showing-image-thumbnails-work/8f8450f0-81fa-4baa-bc62-1e2f7d250f5d
  3. Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine.: Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine. if i change .mp4 file to .vob the icons show a preview again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-thumbnails-not-showing-image-thumbnails-work/8f8450f0-81fa-4baa-bc62-1e2f7d250f5d
  4. Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Thumbnails not showing, only icons

Thumbnails not showing, only icons: Hi.I`ve tried all the recommendations that were on Google, and cant get the thumbnails to come back.All of these I`ve tried..............https://allthings.how/10-ways-to-fix-image-and-video-thumbnails-not-showing-problem-on-windows-10/Even asked "Bleeping Computer" forum...
  6. Image thumbnails not showing!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Image thumbnails not showing!: [ATTACH] Hello everyone, All the images preview "thumbnails" are broken in my Win10 pc https://preview.redd.it/nkmlmmu6xx161.png?width=463&format=png&auto=webp&s=65be032605918132d37458c5c79975ae1c8dc717 I didn't find many reporting this issue, except this post:...
  7. Image thumbnails not showing

Image thumbnails not showing: Hello, The icons for my images are all screwed up in Windows 10: [ATTACH] I rebuilt the icon cache with these commands: ie4uinit.exe -ClearIconCache taskkill /IM explorer.exe /F DEL "%localappdata%\IconCache.db" /A shutdown /r /f /t 00 This fixed another problem I...
  8. Image thumbnails not showing

Image thumbnails not showing: Hello, The icons for my images are all screwed up in Windows 10: [ATTACH] I rebuilt the icon cache with these commands: ie4uinit.exe -ClearIconCache taskkill /IM explorer.exe /F DEL "%localappdata%\IconCache.db" /A shutdown /r /f /t 00 This fixed another problem I...
  9. Thumbnails showing only icon

Thumbnails showing only icon: Why do thumbnails of downloaded photos now show only the icon, not the picture? Can this be cured? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnails-showing-only-icon/fa5d3dc9-bd66-4142-8704-d8c8afc0bfba"
  10. Thumbnails not showing image in Photos

Thumbnails not showing image in Photos: I am new to Windows 10 and I'm not sure what I've done, but all of the thumbnails for all my photos look like the Photos icon. The one that has a blue background and looks like a couple little mountains. How do I get then to show the photo image again?...