Windows 10: Show us your Start!

Discus and support Show us your Start! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [img] [img] 3774 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FuturDreamz, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Show us your Start!

Show us your Start! [​IMG]

:)

FuturDreamz, Jan 26, 2015

2. showing can't start your's camera

0XA00F4246(0X887A0004) showing this with some error etc

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Microsoft Store

Muhammadusman_273, Jan 26, 2015
  3. showing can't start your's camera

Hello,

For us to provide you the possible resolution and the accurate information as to why you're having camera issues, answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Can you tell us if there were any changes made on your computer prior to this concern (i.e., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a built-in or an external camera?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, you can use this troubleshooter for devices and hardware and see if it helps.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Lizette Ags, Jan 26, 2015
  4. Chuck38 Win User

Show us your Start!

Chuck38, Jan 26, 2015
  5. Here's mine of the new build 9926 Start Menu.

IownAmoneyPit, Jan 26, 2015
  6. Chuck38 Win User
    Do you know how we can make the menu smaller? As you can see in my photo, I would like to move it inward from right to left. Do you know how we do that?

Chuck38, Jan 26, 2015
  7. Edwin New Member
    No, but now that you mention it, you know I'm gonna try until I break something trying! *Wink

Edwin, Jan 26, 2015
  8. Show us your Start!

Not sure if its possible Chuck38 what I noticed with mine is I could create a column of max 6 small icons wide for the compact start menu and if I used less I had the same empty space to the right as you. The # and size of icons per column may differ with various resolutions & DPI.

Also if using the extended start menu I can create 2 columns of max 6 icons, one on the left side and one on the right side with a space between them. If I were to shrink my extended start menu than the column on the right gets moved below the left side column.

9. Chuck38 Win User
    No, but now that you mention it, you know I'm gonna try until I break something trying! *Wink Let me know when you figure it out! *Smile

I spent to much time installing the darn thing, I ain't about to risk breaking something. *Wink

Chuck38, Jan 26, 2015
  10. Chuck38 Win User
    Not sure if its possible what I noticed with mine is I could create a column of max 6 small icons wide for the compact start menu and if I used less I had the same empty space to the right as you. The # and size of icons per column may differ with various resolutions & DPI.

Also if using the extended start menu I can create 2 columns of max 6 icons, one on the left side and one on the right side with a space between them. If I were to shrink my extended start menu than the column on the right gets moved below the left side column. I have my tiles all in "wide" columns and I thought it would just automatically squeeze in, but I guess not.

Chuck38, Jan 26, 2015
  11. No, but now that you mention it, you know I'm gonna try until I break something trying! *Wink Let me know when you figure it out! *Smile

I spent to much time installing the darn thing, I ain't about to risk breaking something. *Wink I already broke my build a couple of times with other issues so I will pass on all the fun to be had.

12. Edwin New Member
    Not sure if its possible Chuck38 what I noticed with mine is I could create a column of max 6 small icons wide for the compact start menu and if I used less I had the same empty space to the right as you. The # and size of icons per column may differ with various resolutions & DPI.

Also if using the extended start menu I can create 2 columns of max 6 icons, one on the left side and one on the right side with a space between them. If I were to shrink my extended start menu than the column on the right gets moved below the left side column. I have my tiles all in "wide" columns and I thought it would just automatically squeeze in, but I guess not. I'm looking at yours and 'IownAmoneyPit's shots side by side, and I think resolution and DPI scaling may have a little bit to do with the proportions.

Edwin, Jan 26, 2015
  13. Edwin New Member

Show us your Start!

I'm a 1920x1080 and 120% DPI and I get 8 small tiles wide.

Edwin, Jan 26, 2015
  14. Chuck38 Win User
    Mine is 1680x1050 100% DPI.

Chuck38, Jan 26, 2015
  15. Edwin New Member
    I'm gonna mess with my res and stuff...

Edwin, Jan 26, 2015
Thema:

Show us your Start!

1. Show us your Start! - Similar Threads - Show Start

2. Windows 11's Start Menu could soon show information in a floating sidebar

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11's Start Menu could soon show information in a floating sidebar: Microsoft introduced support for what it calls Start Menu Companions in a recent Windows 11 beta build. This feature adds a sidebar to the Start Menu that display information, for instance from widgets. The last major overhaul of the Windows Start menu launched with the...
  3. I m already installed directx runtime in my laptop but when game started the app shows same...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I m already installed directx runtime in my laptop but when game started the app shows same...: helloWhen I try to run Manor Lords game in Windows 11, I get the following error While I have installed the latest version of direct x runtimePlease help me how to solve the errorthe following components are required to run this program:DirectX Runtime...
  4. I m already installed directx runtime in my laptop but when game started the app shows same...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I m already installed directx runtime in my laptop but when game started the app shows same...: helloWhen I try to run Manor Lords game in Windows 11, I get the following error While I have installed the latest version of direct x runtimePlease help me how to solve the errorthe following components are required to run this program:DirectX Runtime...
  5. Whenever I left-click on the taskbar search bar or the start menu, a context menu shows up...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I left-click on the taskbar search bar or the start menu, a context menu shows up...: When I click on either the start menu or search bar, a context menu shows up with "Select All" on it. It does not go away upon clicking on other things or typing. However, if I right click, it changes the location of the context menu. If I left click again, it returns to its...
  6. Whenever I left-click on the taskbar search bar or the start menu, a context menu shows up...

Whenever I left-click on the taskbar search bar or the start menu, a context menu shows up...: When I click on either the start menu or search bar, a context menu shows up with "Select All" on it. It does not go away upon clicking on other things or typing. However, if I right click, it changes the location of the context menu. If I left click again, it returns to its...
  7. Skype tile is missing from Start Menu and in Search box shows as tetris tile?!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Skype tile is missing from Start Menu and in Search box shows as tetris tile?!?: Did System Restore on Windows 11 and now my Skype app tile does not show up in Start Menu and Search.Tried Repairing, Resetting, Uninstalling, Reinstalling Skype.Nope.Tried@echo offtaskkill /f /im explorer.exetaskkill /f /im shellexperiencehost.exetimeout /t 3 /NOBREAK >...
  8. Skype tile is missing from Start Menu and in Search box shows as tetris tile?!?

Skype tile is missing from Start Menu and in Search box shows as tetris tile?!?: Did System Restore on Windows 11 and now my Skype app tile does not show up in Start Menu and Search.Tried Repairing, Resetting, Uninstalling, Reinstalling Skype.Nope.Tried@echo offtaskkill /f /im explorer.exetaskkill /f /im shellexperiencehost.exetimeout /t 3 /NOBREAK >...
  9. how to start showing history when opening Media Player?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to start showing history when opening Media Player?: Media Player sowing history on videos viewed at home for work I downloaded. They should be for me viewing only. I cannot find they option. I like the view but this is a problem for my working at home....
  10. how to start showing history when opening Media Player?

how to start showing history when opening Media Player?: Media Player sowing history on videos viewed at home for work I downloaded. They should be for me viewing only. I cannot find they option. I like the view but this is a problem for my working at home....