Windows 10: Show windows side by side and stack window feature isn't working in Windows 10

Discus and support Show windows side by side and stack window feature isn't working in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Every time I run it, it does /show different things... usually wrong or bad, like the one in the screenshot. Is there any way to fix it? It's so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by John_____982, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Show windows side by side and stack window feature isn't working in Windows 10

Every time I run it, it does /show different things... usually wrong or bad, like the one in the screenshot. Is there any way to fix it? It's so annoying, it's one very basic function.... how is it not working

PS: only one virtual desktop was open, and I tried many times: result it's always broken (empty space left, and sometimes SideBySide and Stacked show the same bugged wrong thing)

***Title modified from "Show windows side by side", or stacked, not working propertly!!***

Show windows side by side and stack window feature isn't working in Windows 10 8c23c233-c8b4-4dfa-87b6-8d415277c9d9?upload=true.png

:)

John_____982, Jun 28, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 28, 2019
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jun 28, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Show windows side by side and stack window feature isn't working in Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

Show windows side by side and stack window feature isn't working in Windows 10

1. Show windows side by side and stack window feature isn't working in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Show side side

2. Show windows stacked/side by side not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Show windows stacked/side by side not working: Since I upgraded to windows 10 every time I try show windows stacked/side by side it acts like there is extra windows opened but there isn't. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-windows-stackedside-by-side-not-working/1f11556c-f19a-411b-bf69-abc4e6547f06
  3. Show Windows Side by Side not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Show Windows Side by Side not working: Showing Windows side by side is very useful for online classes! Now when I choose the option it shrinks the windows to 1/4 size boxes as if I chose "show windows stacked". Last week when looking for a fix someone on another site suggested enabling Snap, unchecking the 3rd...
  4. Show windows side by side not working right

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show windows side by side not working right: When I try to use the "Show windows side by side" option, more often than not, the windows will not tile correctly. Windows seems to think there are some invisible applications/programs running. see image. The only ways I have found to remedy this are: Reboot Sign out...
  5. Cannot Cascade/Show windows stacked/show windows side by side with command prompts windows 10

Cannot Cascade/Show windows stacked/show windows side by side with command prompts windows 10: Often times I have several command prompts open and running different tasks and in previous windows versions You could tile them or cascade etc.. I can open 4 cmds and they just sit there.... If i open windows apps and select the cascade it behaves correctly leaving the...
  6. Show windows side-by-side / stacked Bug

Show windows side-by-side / stacked Bug: This issue has been reported since 2015. I have seen multiple threads about this. Its now 2020, 5 years later. When is MSFT going to fix this annoying bug? It's a disgrace its been ignored so long. Refresher: When you do a "show windows side by side" from the task-bar,...
  7. Windows 10 - show windows stacked / show windows side by side NOT WORKING since 4 years!!!

Windows 10 - show windows stacked / show windows side by side NOT WORKING since 4 years!!!: Greetings I have posted an issue on the 3rd of September, 2015 in the German language. Since the issue is still pending and the unresolved thread was closed (HOW DARE YOU MICROSOFT!!!), I am posting now in the English language. Link to the original thread:...
  8. "Show windows side by side", or stacked, not working propertly!!

"Show windows side by side", or stacked, not working propertly!!: Every time I run it, it does /show different things... usually wrong or bad, like the one in the screenshot. Is there any way to fix it? It's so annoying, it's one very basic function.... how is it not working PS: only one virtual desktop was open, and I tried many times:...
  9. Show windows side by side does not work

Show windows side by side does not work: Show windows side by side does not work. Looks the same as show windows stacked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-windows-side-by-side-does-not-work/47607f4c-c34f-4b5f-9b9c-577c8b0b417a
  10. Show Windows Side by Side in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Show Windows Side by Side in Windows 10: How to: Show Windows Side by Side in Windows 10 How to Show All Open Windows Side by Side in Windows 10 In Windows, you can use the show windows side by side option to arrange all your open windows to be side by side with each other. If you have more than one...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. show windows side by side stacks windows