Windows 10: Show windows side by side not working on Windows 10 as it did on older Windows versions

Discus and support Show windows side by side not working on Windows 10 as it did on older Windows versions in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having this issue with Windows 10 when arranging multiple windows. On previous Windows versions if you went to the task bar and right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ecs1968, Mar 15, 2020.

1. ecs1968 Win User

Show windows side by side not working on Windows 10 as it did on older Windows versions

Hello,

I'm having this issue with Windows 10 when arranging multiple windows. On previous Windows versions if you went to the task bar and right click on it you have the options to cascade the windows, to stack the windows or to show the windows side by side. With Windows 10 the options are listed but when they are selected the windows are not properly positioned. For example the windows are not positioned side by side and empty spaces are always present in the screen not only that but also the borders of the windows are not neatly and gaps are left between windows borders. All what I have been able to find on other forums or blogs is to use what is call Aero Snap and to use the arrow keys in combination with the window key. That is not a valid option for me:

1. There are moments where I have more than four windows
    2. There are moments where I need all windows vertically adjusted side by side equally sized occupying the entire screen without gaps between windows, and the last point...
    3. Using the task bar - right click - selecting the window arrangement option is way more effective, efficient and easy than using multiple key combos to manually arrange the windows.

I was told to turn off the Aero Snap feature but then other problems arise after deactivation. Then I read something about stopping or closing metro apps but that's not clear to me and having to close multiple metro apps each and every time that I have to arrange windows is not a valid option. Is there a way to fix the problem so that when you select the windows arrangement option from the task bar it works properly?

Please advise.

:)

ecs1968, Mar 15, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Mar 15, 2020
  4. Show windows side by side not working on Windows 10 as it did on older Windows versions

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

Show windows side by side not working on Windows 10 as it did on older Windows versions

1. Show windows side by side not working on Windows 10 as it did on older Windows versions - Similar Threads - Show side side

2. Show windows stacked/side by side not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Show windows stacked/side by side not working: Since I upgraded to windows 10 every time I try show windows stacked/side by side it acts like there is extra windows opened but there isn't. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-windows-stackedside-by-side-not-working/1f11556c-f19a-411b-bf69-abc4e6547f06
  3. Show Windows Side by Side not working

Show Windows Side by Side not working: Showing Windows side by side is very useful for online classes! Now when I choose the option it shrinks the windows to 1/4 size boxes as if I chose "show windows stacked". Last week when looking for a fix someone on another site suggested enabling Snap, unchecking the 3rd...
  4. Show windows side by side not working right

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show windows side by side not working right: When I try to use the "Show windows side by side" option, more often than not, the windows will not tile correctly. Windows seems to think there are some invisible applications/programs running. see image. The only ways I have found to remedy this are: Reboot Sign out...
  5. "Show Windows Side by Side" does not work

"Show Windows Side by Side" does not work: "Show windows side by side" does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-windows-side-by-side-does-not-work/31475002-5fe9-4b9e-b892-a3e016d0cc5c
  6. "Show windows side by side"

"Show windows side by side": "Show windows side by side" putting two or more windows side-by-side on the screen, but stacking them. Obvious error. Is there a fix to this? If so,, how do I get access to this fix? If not, when could I expect a fix? I used "Show windows side by side" frequently in...
  7. The function "Show windows side by side" is not working.

The function "Show windows side by side" is not working.: I purchased a new laptop from Dell. It has Windows 10 v1903 build 18362.267. The problem is very simple to understand. The solution, on the other hand, is another matter. The function "Show windows side by side" is not working. The functions is not placing them side by...
  8. Show windows side by side does not work

Show windows side by side does not work: Show windows side by side does not work. Looks the same as show windows stacked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-windows-side-by-side-does-not-work/47607f4c-c34f-4b5f-9b9c-577c8b0b417a
  9. show windows side-by-side

show windows side-by-side: When I right click on the taskbar and then click on "Show windows side by side" it only shows the windows vertically side by side and not horizontally. I can drag the window edges to get them side by side, but that is a pain in the neck. How do I get them side by side...
  10. Show Windows Side by Side in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Show Windows Side by Side in Windows 10: How to: Show Windows Side by Side in Windows 10 How to Show All Open Windows Side by Side in Windows 10 In Windows, you can use the show windows side by side option to arrange all your open windows to be side by side with each other. If you have more than one...