Windows 10: Showing a new drive in File Explorer?

Discus and support Showing a new drive in File Explorer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; hey y’all, i just got a new SSD working and i wanna have it shown in the file explorer/navigation area (where Quick Access, This PC, Network, and my D:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/enshrowdofficial, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Showing a new drive in File Explorer?

hey y’all, i just got a new SSD working and i wanna have it shown in the file explorer/navigation area (where Quick Access, This PC, Network, and my D: drive is)

is there a way i can do this? i’ve looked around and tried some things to do it but they don’t seem to work, any help would be appreciated <3

submitted by /u/enshrowdofficial
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/enshrowdofficial, Oct 13, 2020

2. File Explorer- no drive letters are listed.

The File Explorer in Windows 10, shows the Frequent folders list and Recent files list by default. You can view the drives by clicking on This PC tab on the left site of the File Explorer. But if you wish the File Explorer
    to open This PC showing drives list by default, then follow these steps:

1. In Windows 10, open a new File Explorer window and click the View tab from the ribbon toolbar.

2. In the View tab, find and click on Options, listed by default on the far right side of the ribbon.

3. In the Folder Options window, make sure you’re on the General tab and then find the drop-down box labeled Open File Explorer To. Click the drop-down menu and select This PC. Click OK to
    save your changes and close the window. Now your File Explorer opens to Drives list by default.

Hope this helps!

JohnCalton, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    My internal hard drive personal document folders do not show in file explorer

Hi Kari,

If you're having trouble seeing your personal documents, it might be caused by a file corruption. We suggest following the steps provided by Pavan_N in this
    thread that was found helpful in resolving similar issue.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Oct 13, 2020
  4. Showing a new drive in File Explorer?

New files or folders do not show up in the attachment window for email and sometimes not in File Explorer

Hi. Since changing my laptop I have been unable to easily attach files to my emails. It seems that new files do not show up when the attachment window opens. This happens with Gmail using Chrome and Firefox, and also Thunderbird. This suggest to me that
    there is a problem with Windows itself as it is not able to access the new files.

Nor are the files currently showing up in File Explorer!!!!! They never show up even after restarting the laptop.

These are Word documents and they do show in the Recent File list in Word and in the Recent Files window in File Explorer - just not in the folder I have saved them to. Also I created a new folder which does not show in File Explorer.

I have tried to follow the suggested fixes which seem to concentrate around showing hidden files - the hidden files box is not checked when I look at the properties.

Please help. I want to email some files right now and I can't work out how to do so.

GillianCalvert, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

Showing a new drive in File Explorer?

1. Showing a new drive in File Explorer? - Similar Threads - Showing drive File

2. Mapped Drives not showing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapped Drives not showing in File Explorer: Hi,I am setting up a new MS Surface with Windows 10 Pro that is joined successfully to our corporate domain with a domain user profile configured. I've done this hundreds of times, but for some reason, this particular machine won't show the mapped drives, which are in Azure I...
  3. Mapped Drives not showing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mapped Drives not showing in File Explorer: Hi,I am setting up a new MS Surface with Windows 10 Pro that is joined successfully to our corporate domain with a domain user profile configured. I've done this hundreds of times, but for some reason, this particular machine won't show the mapped drives, which are in Azure I...
  4. Mapped Drives not showing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. One Drive not showing in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive not showing in file explorer: I switched from Windows 11 home to Pro and actually am experiencing a couple of issues. One Drive is no longer showing in file explorer, and I am no longer able to use the fingerprint to log into computer. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated....
  6. One Drive not showing in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive not showing in file explorer: I switched from Windows 11 home to Pro and actually am experiencing a couple of issues. One Drive is no longer showing in file explorer, and I am no longer able to use the fingerprint to log into computer. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated....
  7. File Explorer not showing drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File Explorer not showing drives: Hi all. A weird one I've never seen before. One of my customers has a plain desktop with current Windows 10. When he opens "File Explorer", NO drives show beneath the "Devices and drives. Not C:\ hard drive, DVD/CD drive, or an additional external drive (F:\) that's connected...
  8. File Explorer - Not showing Wireless drive Files

File Explorer - Not showing Wireless drive Files: I have recently changed computers and now cannot see the files I have on a western digital MyBookLive which i use as my prime backup. I could see them under Network/storage in my old machine band can see the icon for the device but I cannot access the files. I can log in to...
  9. File Explorer Not Showing External "A" Drive

File Explorer Not Showing External "A" Drive: I plugged an external "A" drive into my computer via a USB port with File Explorer open. The "A" drive shows up, but only for about 2 seconds and then it goes away. I changed USB ports and it does the same. I checked Device Manager under "Floppy Drives" and it shows the "A"...
  10. File explorer not showing a drive.

File explorer not showing a drive.: Why does file explorer not show a thumb drive? It appears in Device Manager with an assigned drive letter. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-not-showing-a-drive/5ffda71c-faac-498d-bc10-cc812a24ccd7"