Windows 10: Showing a notification or icon badge of how many virtual desktops are open?

Discus and support Showing a notification or icon badge of how many virtual desktops are open? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way of knowing how many virtual desktops are active without actually going into the "task view" button? If not can you look into creating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cherian Reji, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Showing a notification or icon badge of how many virtual desktops are open?

Is there a way of knowing how many virtual desktops are active without actually going into the "task view" button?

If not can you look into creating some sort of active badge that tells you that you have multiple virtual desktops.

The reason is i dont want shut down if there is something important going on in one desktop that i cant see on my current desktop. In which case i might just shut down without checking...

:)

Cherian Reji, Jan 7, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jan 7, 2020
  3. i ignite Win User
    notification badge appears whenever there is notification but after clicking on the icon no notification is there

Whenever a notification comes, the notification badge appears. But sometimes when i click on the icon in the system tray ,it doesn't open. No matter how many times i click it the Quick action center(where notification are shown as well as quick access buttons
    in windows 10) doesn't open. It only opens when i restart my laptop. Then sometimes when i click the icon again it opens but, it's written "no new notification" whereas the badge shows that there is a notification. Then again if i restart my laptop then everything
    seems fine as both the notifications and notification badge will then show. It started happening since 2 months and the problem is not solved yet. I have windows 10 home installed in my laptop. So what can i do to solve it? Below are the images to show you
    what i mean.

Showing a notification or icon badge of how many virtual desktops are open? 3f180f57-9a48-49ac-90be-c71155862d14?upload=true.jpg

i ignite, Jan 7, 2020
  4. Showing a notification or icon badge of how many virtual desktops are open?

windows 10 notification number badge not showing

Thank you for the information.

Notifications in Windows 10 are integrated into the Action Center. The white Action Center icon indicates that you have new notifications, and the number badge shows you how many.

To disable the number badge, right-click the Action Center icon and select
    "Don't show number of new notifications" on the pop-up menu.

To help you turn it on, right-click on the Action Center icon and choose
    "Show number of new notifications" option.

Let us know how it goes.

Jhessica Sur, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

Showing a notification or icon badge of how many virtual desktops are open?

1. Showing a notification or icon badge of how many virtual desktops are open? - Similar Threads - Showing notification icon

2. notification badge not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    notification badge not showing up: I have badges enabled but they won't show up on the mail app, plz help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-badge-not-showing-up/313a725a-3f07-4542-9778-5c93c3fbebb8
  3. notification badges not showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    notification badges not showing up: whenever i get a notification i always see the app flash orange and it shows up in action centre. ive checked and all apps have show notification banners on but it still wont show. im probably missing something obvious. is there a fix? submitted by /u/Falcongamerabc...
  4. Icons on virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons on virtual desktops: I want to use the virtual desktop feature on windows 10 but i want different icons visible when switching between the 2 desktops. As it is now when i open a new desktop all the icons just move over. submitted by /u/idkifthisisgonnawork [link] [comments]...
  5. How to create a virtual desktop with new or no icons?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How to create a virtual desktop with new or no icons?: To create a new virtual desktop, press Win+Ctrl+d. Got that. But how do I create a new virtual desktop that has only 1 or two icons from the original in Win 10 v1903 (the last successful update was Feb 13)? Thanks. 151507
  6. Windows Mail app not showing any badges/notifications for gmail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Mail app not showing any badges/notifications for gmail: With the latest Mail update the Windows 10 mail app is not showing any badge notifications or any notifications at all for gmail accounts. Verified that all notifications work just fine for outlook accounts just not gmail. Have tried uninstalling, resetting etc. but still no...
  7. How to create a virtual desktop with new or no icons?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to create a virtual desktop with new or no icons?: To create a new virtual desktop, press Win+Ctrl+d. Got that. But how do I create a new virtual desktop that has only 1 or two icons from the original in Win 10 v1903 (the last successful update was Feb 13)? Thanks. 151507
  8. Notification icon will not open

Notification icon will not open: When I click on the notification icon in the bottom right of my task bar it will not open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-icon-will-not-open/91e9ea3b-aa7c-4372-a909-f5c804382e3e
  9. notification badge appears whenever there is notification but after clicking on the icon no...

notification badge appears whenever there is notification but after clicking on the icon no...: Whenever a notification comes, the notification badge appears. But sometimes when i click on the icon in the system tray ,it doesn't open. No matter how many times i click it the Quick action center(where notification are shown as well as quick access buttons in windows 10)...
  10. How I Created Icons for the Virtual Desktops

How I Created Icons for the Virtual Desktops: Just an idea for anyone wanting icons for the virtual desktop. You need a fixed number of virtual desktops for this to work. For example, I am using 3 virtual desktops. If I wanted to use 4, I would have to recode it or just not used the icons. - Get a free scripting...