Windows 10: Showing authors' names in Calibre

Discus and support Showing authors' names in Calibre in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have finally loaded my epub books into Calibre. Everuthing seems to have gone OK except for one thing: the authors' names. I would like my authors'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tony Vella, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Showing authors' names in Calibre

I have finally loaded my epub books into Calibre. Everuthing seems to have gone OK except for one thing: the authors' names. I would like my authors' names to appear as Poe, Edgar Allan and NOT as Edgar Allan Poe. Is there a way of achieving this? Thanks in advance.

:)

Tony Vella, Sep 23, 2017
  2. patjolly Win User

Changing something in the Windows Comments / Tracking Changes area

I want to change from showing a person's name to showing "Author" when a comment is typed. How do I do that? Thanks!

patjolly, Sep 23, 2017
  3. rauel199 Win User
    5230 Accelerometer problem

Hy, i have a nokia 5230 and the acceloremeter it`s not well calibrated, in games when in my hands it`s perfect orizontal, he is turning right, i have installed a program named levels, and there it`s show me ( when i`m keep it perfect orizontaly)
    that he is inclined to the right, how can i calibrate it, or what`s the problem?

thanks

rauel199, Sep 23, 2017
Thema:

Showing authors' names in Calibre

1. Showing authors' names in Calibre - Similar Threads - Showing authors' names

2. authorization

in Windows 10 Customization
    authorization: hello! how can it be that MY authorization IS from1 day to another changend??? I DINT CHANGE ANYTHING & NOW I CANT WORK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/authorization/3aa067be-79d0-450e-ac3b-fc1dbd9e1d3b
  3. Avast Software showed up on my computer without authorization

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Avast Software showed up on my computer without authorization: Looks like it was installed on July 13, 2019. I never authorized it. Some people are saying it has something to do with CCleaner which is not something I have either. Others are saying it came with a Microsoft update. Trying to get to the bottom of it....
  4. Excel (365) How to change name of author and last changed to Dummy?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel (365) How to change name of author and last changed to Dummy?: On some Excel forum user would like to have a 'test Excel-sheet' so as to avoid confusion and provide the right answer(s) to a question. This is quite okay. However, such 'test' sheets by default include the name of the author and email address etc. in the properties. Is...
  5. Battery Calibration?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery Calibration?: Hey so my laptop is now saying I have to calibrate my battery. I do not know how to do this. Does it have to charge/discharge over night? How long should I keep it plugged in after it hits 100 and after it hits the point it turns off? Also do I have to turn off the battery...
  6. Calibration?

Calibration?: Hey so my laptop is now saying I have to calibrate my battery. I do not know how to do this. Does it have to charge/discharge over night? How long should I keep it plugged in after it hits 100 and after it hits the point it turns off? Also do I have to turn off the battery...
  7. authorization for download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    authorization for download: How do I authorize a set up for downloading software on my android computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/authorization-for-download/7f707882-bd7a-4971-a694-21935ba2b172
  8. Administrator Authority

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator Authority: Hi There, I have recently purchased a refurbished laptop and I wish to obtain Administrator Authority. How would I go about setting this??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-authority/6820e307-361f-486b-a86a-b94b3e84e352"
  9. EventID 10016 - NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM - name not found

EventID 10016 - NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM - name not found: Hi all! This is the problem I am facing: Code: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {8D8F4F83-3594-4F07-8369-FC3C3CAE4919} and APPID {F72671A9-012C-4725-9D2F-2A4D32D65169} to the...
  10. authors

in Windows 10 Support
    authors: Hello I have noticed that some of my files have as author, my name while others have the name of the PC which is, us. Why are they different and how can I change them to be the same? Does it make a difference as far as sharing goes. Thank you 26447