Windows 10: Showing folders that no longer exist.

Discus and support Showing folders that no longer exist. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I deleted a handful of folders a couple days ago while under Win7x64, now i've upped to Win10 it's showing those folders under pictures. obviously i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nunya, Mar 9, 2016.

1. nunya Win User

Showing folders that no longer exist.

I deleted a handful of folders a couple days ago while under Win7x64, now i've upped to Win10 it's showing those folders under pictures. obviously i can't access folders that don't exist, which also means I can't delete them, because they don't exist......but they are still listed?

Ideas?

:)

nunya, Mar 9, 2016

2. Delete a sub folder that no longer exist

I agree.

Unfortunately Jim the reality is that people find themselves between a rock and a hard place sometimes. Ideally an end user should never have to deal with regedit. However fixes for many issues, including those provided by MS agents here, involve registry
    editing and sometimes one just can't get around this. But yes, one should always take backups and be careful whenever one's fiddling around with the registry.

@J-Stin: Do heed Jim's warning. If you're unsure when it comes to registry editing it's better to just ignore the issue if possible. You can also try CCleaner's registry cleaner first. It's not as dangerous as certain other tools, but I still highly recommend
    that you allow the program to create backups when it prompts you, so you can merge the .REG files back in case something goes wrong.

RobertJWin, Mar 9, 2016
  3. J-Stin Win User
    Delete a sub folder that no longer exist

C:\Users\"user name"\Desktop\Home Studio\Komplete Select Bundle\The Gentleman Library\

The section I bolded and underlined is the sub folders that i deleted a week ago. But in the application Im running it says that my content is installed in those folders even though i know i already deleted them, and every time i reinstall the application
    it auto installs the content to those sub folders. How is that even possible, omg!!!! How can i find and delete the "ghost folders", please help!

P.S. I just want to delete the "Komplete Select Bundle" sub folder and all its sub folders. (even though i already deleted them) if that makes sense.

thanks in advance

J-Stin, Mar 9, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, strange. You can try this: check from a command prompt outside Windows if you can see them and delete them, or boot from a 'Live boot' CD/USB drive and see if you can see them and delete them.

I.e. don't boot to Windows but view your drive without booting Windows.

Note - when using a command prompt you will need to change the drive letter to access your Windows disk/partition - it will probably not be C:

What message do you get if you try to open the folders from within Windows? Access denied maybe?

dalchina, Mar 9, 2016
Thema:

1. Showing folders that no longer exist. - Similar Threads - Showing folders longer

2. Folder That Does Not Exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder That Does Not Exist: I download multiples archives through, but during the process, I delete some of it. And now, there are folders that exist and I simply can't delete them, and they hinder all file transfers. When I try to delete them, Windows says it can't find the folder, even though it shows...
  3. Minecraft account no longer exists.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft account no longer exists.: When I migrated my Minecraft account I requested to change my email address associated with my Mojang account from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I was given this link...
  4. Minecraft account no longer exists.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft account no longer exists.: When I migrated my Minecraft account I requested to change my email address associated with my Mojang account from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I was given this link...
  5. Deleting Service that no longer exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting Service that no longer exist: How do I delete a service that keeps having an error log in the event viewer? The folder from that directory no longer existed that is why it keeps having an error....
  6. Deleting Service that no longer exist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting Service that no longer exist: How do I delete a service that keeps having an error log in the event viewer? The folder from that directory no longer existed that is why it keeps having an error....
  7. Deleting Service that no longer exist

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Problem with my captures folder no longer existing, and game captures no longer showing up...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with my captures folder no longer existing, and game captures no longer showing up...: I wanted to move my Game Capture Folder to my ssd, and after doing so, now when i record a game clip the clip just goes to my video folder on my hdd. not only this but the capture folder does not exist at all and on top of the video does not show up in the game bar capture...
  9. Microsoft Store no longer exists?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store no longer exists?: I cannot find the Microsoft Store. I have already reset to restore point but it is not there. What can I do now? Microsoft Store existiert nicht mehr?
  10. Existing folders not showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Existing folders not showing: On my WD MyCloud external hard drive I have folders stored as well as a WD Smartware backup. I need to delete these backup files because of space issues and yes they are backed up on another cloud as well , but am unable to see the folders let alone access them. How do I...