Windows 10: Showing Incorrect Storage Usage

Discus and support Showing Incorrect Storage Usage in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I go to storage settings, it says that Valorant takes up 328GB of storage, which it obviously doesn't, it takes up around 10GB of storage. Also, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ihaveisquestion, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Showing Incorrect Storage Usage

When I go to storage settings, it says that Valorant takes up 328GB of storage, which it obviously doesn't, it takes up around 10GB of storage. Also, I tried to uninstall Valorant to see if the '328GB' is gone, but when it said 'Valorant has been uninstalled" my PC crashes and when it restarts, Valorant is still there, and it also still says that it takes up 328GB. It also says that I've used 230GB. 328GB+ and 230GB are both inaccurate. I've actually only downloaded 160GB. Please help.

:)

Ihaveisquestion, Dec 7, 2020
  2. biterbit Win User

Windows 10 Storage Usage Incorrect

I seem to have a similar issue with the Settings > Storage Usage values not making sense. For example, for one of my partitions,
    Storage Usage reports that I have 15.5 Gb of Pictures on the drive. Clicking on that selection to show more details confirms the 15.5 Gb value but shows less than one Gb in the list of folders (see screenshot). I get similar results for the
    other file types such as Documents and Music.

Showing Incorrect Storage Usage b00fd00a-f7f0-4271-b0fd-65f464fcf9a2.png

biterbit, Dec 7, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - settings - storage usage - other?

Hi Steve,

It's possible that some folders are not showing under the Storage usage >
    Others since they are hidden. Though they are hidden, the space that they are taking will still be counted under
    Storage usage > Others. You'll have to identify what files and folder are hidden with the steps below:

• Type hidden in Cortana, the Windows search bar or your task bar.
    • Select Show hidden files and folders from the result.
    • Go to View tab.
    • Enable the Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
    • Hit Apply, then click OK.

Once you're done with these steps, try checking the Storage usage again and see if it will match.

Let us know if it addressed your concern.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Dec 7, 2020
  4. borophyll Win User

Showing Incorrect Storage Usage

Incorrect disk usage values displayed in Settings > System > Storage

If I open Settings in Windows 10, then go to System > Storage, I get the following usage for C:
    161Gb used of 285Gb
    whereas File Explorer gives the more sensible 21Gb used of 145Gb, which is almost certainly the correct values, given that it is a 145Gb partition, and is a fresh install of Windows 10. The C: partition is on a 480Gb SSD drive.

Here is a screenshot of disk management showing the correct values

Showing Incorrect Storage Usage [​IMG]

And here is a screenshot of the Storage screen with the incorrect values

Showing Incorrect Storage Usage [​IMG]

Can anyone explain why this is?

Thanks.

borophyll, Dec 7, 2020
Thema:

Showing Incorrect Storage Usage

1. Showing Incorrect Storage Usage - Similar Threads - Showing Incorrect Storage

2. INCORRECT FREE STORAGE SPACE SHOWING!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    INCORRECT FREE STORAGE SPACE SHOWING!!!: Dell Inspiron 3501OS: Windows 11 22H2OS Build: 22621.2283Total Storage: 256GBIssue: Selecting all folders and seeing their properties shows me that they are of 26.8 GB out of 100GB that means 73.2 GB is free but when checking the 'drive' properties it shows 15.2 GB is free...
  3. INCORRECT FREE STORAGE SPACE SHOWING!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    INCORRECT FREE STORAGE SPACE SHOWING!!!: Dell Inspiron 3501OS: Windows 11 22H2OS Build: 22621.2283Total Storage: 256GBIssue: Selecting all folders and seeing their properties shows me that they are of 26.8 GB out of 100GB that means 73.2 GB is free but when checking the 'drive' properties it shows 15.2 GB is free...
  4. incorrect storage configuration

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    incorrect storage configuration: I believe my system has a problem because it is slow and has frequently 100% disk I/O.My system was damaged by lightning. I removed the only installed hard drive and sent the hardware for repair. The motherboard was replaced and I reinstalled the hard drive. I had...
  5. Incorrect storage subtotal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrect storage subtotal: On my laptop I have only a few games, but apparently I have used over 100 gigabytes of storage I haven't downloaded large file games I went into the storage category 'Apps and features' as it had the most used up, the system says they're only 110 apps, although not even 2...
  6. Windows showing incorrect storage usage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows showing incorrect storage usage: My valorant app in control panel programs shows it uses 2.74terabytes of storage usage but my pc only has 500+ gb storage I dont know how to fix this...
  7. Windows 10 Storage Usage Incorrect

Windows 10 Storage Usage Incorrect: Hi I'm getting the notification that my C drive is full I have a ThinkPad T570 with 512gb ssd. the C drive have 269gb. It is getting full for no reason, over a period of a few days it has been getting full without me downloading anything I went to take a look into the storage...
  8. Why does storage shows incorrect file size?

Why does storage shows incorrect file size?: [ATTACH][ATTACH] So I installed adobe flash from some shady website, but after I install it, I immediately uninstall it cause it wasn't working at all. But after I uninstall it, there is this huge file added that I don't know of and it took 18GB of my storage, it was 148GB...
  9. Data Usage App showing incorrect value

Data Usage App showing incorrect value: Hi everyone, I'm trying to monitor my data usage and found some odd things. My data usage monitor built into windows (in Settings -> Network) is showing I've used 72 gigabytes in the last month. However, a 3rd party app (its called Data Usage on the Window's store) is...
  10. Incorrect disk usage values displayed in Settings > System > Storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Incorrect disk usage values displayed in Settings > System > Storage: If I open Settings in Windows 10, then go to System > Storage, I get the following usage for C: 161Gb used of 285Gb whereas File Explorer gives the more sensible 21Gb used of 145Gb, which is almost certainly the correct values, given that it is a 145Gb partition, and is a...