Windows 10: "Showing results for", "Search instead for" missing in Google results

Discus and support "Showing results for", "Search instead for" missing in Google results in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Up until recently, when it met the criteria to illicit such a response, I got those suggestions when running a Firefox google search. Now, It only... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by kitpzyxmsir, Sep 27, 2020.

1. "Showing results for", "Search instead for" missing in Google results

Up until recently, when it met the criteria to illicit such a response, I got those suggestions when running a Firefox google search.

Now, It only happens in Chrome. I thought it might have something to do with an alteration in my Google account settings, but if that was the case, it would happen with both browsers, right?

:)

kitpzyxmsir, Sep 27, 2020

2. Search Results

In Windows 10, when I search my pictures, Search results are shown as thumbnails ( results are also incomplete, some pictures are not shown ). Can I change this so a List is shown instead?

worriedof Birmingham., Sep 27, 2020
  3. Google Mobile app result - Web: No Gateway Reply

Using Google Mobile (search) app v2.03 (14) [788], on Symbian system s60v3.2 on Nokia n79.

Perform search and click on an item in the list of results. Very often the Web browser will start up and instead of displaying referenced page, a warning will pop up-

Web: No Gateway Reply!

If I return to the list of results, and click on the Google cached version of the link, the Web browser WILL display the page properly.

If I then Click on Google's reference to the "current page" in the outer frame of the cached page, it also will then properly display the current page.

This leads me to believe that there is something about the links on the initial Google page of results that the Symbian Web browser cannot deal with.

Any thoughts, suggestions welcomed!

kurtkaufman---01, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Jan Pac Win User

"Showing results for", "Search instead for" missing in Google results

how to stop web results showing in search

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query here in Microsoft Community.

Here's how you stop web results from showing up on every search you do on Windows 10 while improving local results for files, apps, and settings:

• Click to open the search box in the taskbar.
    • Click the Notebook icon.
    • Click Settings from the list of options.
    Note: On Windows 10 build 14316 and later versions the Settings button to access Cortana setting may appear outside of Notebook in the navigation pane on the left.

4. On the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give me suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.

5. After disabling Cortana, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

You will now notice that the search box in the taskbar no longer says "Ask me anything," instead, it reads "Search Windows," indicating that you have completed the task. Try to do a search one more time, and this time, you'll see that search results will
    no longer appear.

In the case you need a more advanced search experience, type your search query, and click the
    Search my stuff button. In the advanced search section, you can sort results by relevance or time, and you can limit the result to a particular category (e.g., Documents, Settings, apps, etc.).

Keep in mind that stopping web results from showing up in the taskbar search box will also turn off Cortana in your system, which means that you'll have to make the decision of which experience is more important to you.

Let us know if it helps.

Regards.

Jan Pac, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

"Showing results for", "Search instead for" missing in Google results

1. "Showing results for", "Search instead for" missing in Google results - Similar Threads - Showing results Search

2. Windows search missing results

in Cortana
    Windows search missing results: Hello, I have some users who all suddenly started reporting incomplete/inaccurate search results on networked drives. When using windows search to look for files by name, results which should appear simply do not. I have already done the following. 1 Cleared and...
  3. Show search results in English?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Show search results in English?: I am using Windows 10 in my native language. Often I look online to see solutions to different problems that show step by step guides through menus and settings. The guides are in English but when I type English keywords in the search bar it does not show the results because...
  4. google search results thumbnails show only 2 seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    google search results thumbnails show only 2 seconds: When I do a google search (not chrome) There will be small previews/thumbnails of products that quickly disappear. How do I get them to stay again? Edge Windows 10 home...
  5. Search Results Panel shows results in a broken layout

in Cortana
    Search Results Panel shows results in a broken layout: Hi, Since few days ago Search Results Panel shows results in a broken layout. Other user profiles on the same PC do not suffer. Does anyone know where it keeps (file / registry location?) its settings in order to reset them? I am using Windows 10 1903. Thx. [ATTACH]...
  6. Search file not showing results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search file not showing results: HI, I have a file, and when I search for "youtube" it doesn't show results. but when I search for "youtu" it will highlight the "youtu" in each name of the links and show all the links. if I add the b , again there will be no results. why is it? thanks! 134238
  7. Google search results on IE11 fault

in Browsers and Email
    Google search results on IE11 fault: After doing a search with Google on IE11, when I click on one of the lower links in the web page displayed, it jumps to the top of the page and can't open the link I want. I know of several other persons who are experiencing the same problem. Anybody suggest any work...
  8. strange Google Chrome search results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    strange Google Chrome search results: Hello folks, I recently upgraded my desktop from Win 7 to Win 10 (clean install) but I think that's irrelevant to the issue I'm having. My search results in Google Chrome using Google search look strange (see attachment). When I perform the search on the same machine in...
  9. Search not showing any results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search not showing any results: Windows search is not showing any results. It keeps searching... 21347
  10. Search not showing results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search not showing results: Hi. Anyone know how to fix the search function in Windows 10? It's not showing any results. So far I already tried the following but to no avail. Rebuild indexing, scannow cmd, chdsk /r,. 10886

Users found this page by searching for:

1. showing results for search instead for