Windows 10: Showing two D drives in Explorer

Discus and support Showing two D drives in Explorer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Have a brand new HP Win 10 Home, 64 bit. Has a SSD C drive, and a E Recovery drive. And a HDD called Data (D:). In the left hand of Explorer it shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jak834, Sep 25, 2018.

1. jak834 Win User

Showing two D drives in Explorer

Have a brand new HP Win 10 Home, 64 bit. Has a SSD C drive, and a E Recovery drive. And a HDD called Data (DShowing two D drives in Explorer :).
    In the left hand of Explorer it shows

This PC
    D:\
    Desktop
    Documents
    Music
    Pictures
    Videos
    Windows (CShowing two D drives in Explorer :)
    DATA (DShowing two D drives in Explorer :)
    RECOVERY (EShowing two D drives in Explorer :)

I've never had 2 hdd before this computer. So I put storage music, pics, docs on the D drive because it was 1tb. So why does it show 2 D drives now? They both appear to have exactly the same folders and info when you expand them on the left column.

What led me to this discovery was I had downloaded iTunes and it wouldn't "find" my iTunes Media folder to bring in my transferred music. There's actually 2 Media folders...one in each of the different D drives. One and the same folder?

:)

jak834, Sep 25, 2018

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Sep 25, 2018
  3. D drive

We'd like to ask few questions so we can isolate your concern properly. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you using an external drive as your D drive?
    • Can you show us a screenshot of your File explorer?
    • When you say "something will come up and be like "Drive Removed", is this the actual error message?

Raymond Ave, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Showing two D drives in Explorer

windows 10 internal drive d how to take back ownership of the hardrive?

Hi Steve,

To help you with your concern regarding the internal hard drive, let me suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Right-click on the Drive D:
    • Select Properties
    • Click Security tab then select Advanced
    • Select Change after the Owner: line

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

Showing two D drives in Explorer

1. Showing two D drives in Explorer - Similar Threads - Showing drives Explorer

2. Windows explorer incorrectly showing D drive as read only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer incorrectly showing D drive as read only: As the question states, the windows explorer on my Windows 11 system is incorrectly displaying my D drive as read only. However, when viewing the drive and its single partition in diskpart, it is shown as online, and not read only.I am still able to write, modify and delete...
  3. Windows explorer incorrectly showing D drive as read only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows explorer incorrectly showing D drive as read only: As the question states, the windows explorer on my Windows 11 system is incorrectly displaying my D drive as read only. However, when viewing the drive and its single partition in diskpart, it is shown as online, and not read only.I am still able to write, modify and delete...
  4. Drive d is not showing in my file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive d is not showing in my file explorer: Today when I opened my pc.. It was taking so much time to start! I waited for an hour...but nothing happened I tried force shutdown and then tried to restarted it.. It start somehow.. But i found in my file explorer d drive was missing.. And when I checked disk management...
  5. Drive d is not showing in my file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive d is not showing in my file explorer: Today when I opened my pc.. It was taking so much time to start! I waited for an hour...but nothing happened I tried force shutdown and then tried to restarted it.. It start somehow.. But i found in my file explorer d drive was missing.. And when I checked disk management...
  6. Drive d is not showing in my file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Drive D not showing in explorer or device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive D not showing in explorer or device manager: Yesterday night I started some updates for windows and left them over night. Today I turn on my laptop and all the stuff on drive d is gone. My whole drive was gone. It isn't showing up in the explorer, device manager and it isn't even showing up in the bios. However it shows...
  8. Drive D not showing in explorer, device manager or disk management

Drive D not showing in explorer, device manager or disk management: Yesterday night I started some updates for windows and left them over night. Today I turn on my laptop and all the stuff on drive d is gone. My whole drive was gone. It isn't showing up in the explorer, disk manager, device manager and it isn't even showing up in the bios. I...
  9. External D Drive doesn't show up on file explorer.

External D Drive doesn't show up on file explorer.: I got the 'USB Device Not Recognized' message last week while trying to plug in my external drive, it doesn't show up in file explorer, none of the files have been deleted and as far as I know it is recoverable. Can someone help with this one? Mine is 10586.122 and version...
  10. Stop USB drives to show two times in explorer pane?

Stop USB drives to show two times in explorer pane?: Hello, i can't find a tutorial for this : How do i stop 10 from adding any USB removable drives (a second time, since they're always show in MyPC which i have expended)? Hope it's possible.. Thanks! 33348