Windows 10: Showing Video Aspect Ratio in File Info Tooltip

Discus and support Showing Video Aspect Ratio in File Info Tooltip in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way to show the aspect ratio of video files in the Windows Explorer file tooltips? A few hours of research taught me how to add extra file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by pjfarr, Feb 4, 2018.

1. pjfarr Win User

Showing Video Aspect Ratio in File Info Tooltip

Is there a way to show the aspect ratio of video files in the Windows Explorer file tooltips?
    A few hours of research taught me how to add extra file info that isn't there by default (like frame height x width) but for some reason I can't get the aspect ratio to show.
    This is the registry info I tweaked and each property worked except aspect ratio:
    Code: [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\.mp4] "InfoTip"="prop:System.ItemType;System.Size;System.Media.Duration;System.Video.FrameWidth;System.Video.FrameHeight;System.Video.HorizontalAspectRatio;System.Video.VerticalAspectRatio;System.DateModified"[/quote] The property syntax I got from Video (Windows)
    Can anyone else figure out why it doesn't work?

:)

pjfarr, Feb 4, 2018

2. N8 with BELLE .. attributes of NOTE change always without change...

With Anna was enough to click on
    the top left corner to change the video aspect ratio
    when watching a video..now with Belle is
    more difficult .. click on the bottom, change aspect ratio...
    was it really necessary?

marcoilmagico, Feb 4, 2018
  3. Burn a DVD in Windows 10 with full aspect ratio on DVD player playback

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

If you know what kind of screen you or your audience will use to watch the final DVD, you should use that information to decide which aspect ratio to select. For example, if you know that you will be watching the DVD on a 16:9
    (widescreen) monitor or TV, select the 16:9 setting. However, if you plan to watch the DVD primarily on a 4:3 (standard) TV or monitor, you should select
    4:3.

The setting you select determines the aspect ratio for your slide show for your DVD. For more information about how to select the aspect ratio setting in Windows DVD Maker.

1. On the
    Add pictures and video to the DVD page, click
    Options.

2. You can find an option aspect ratio:

DVD aspect ratio. This option lets you determine if a slide show on the DVD is displayed at a
    4:3 (standard) or 16:9 (widescreen) aspect ratio. The aspect ratio is expressed as the relation of the width to the height of the slide show. When deciding which aspect ratio
    to choose, consider the aspect ratio for the monitor or TV on which your slide show will be played.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Feb 4, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, it is possible to add those show they are shown in Properties, Details

Showing Video Aspect Ratio in File Info Tooltip [​IMG]

But the result does not seem very interesting.

Here, using Mediatab, the aspect ratio is shown, which seems more useful.

I also tried adding the fields to the Preview pane, but whilst I could remove e.g. the title line completely, adding these or another I tried did nothing.

It seems some sort of limitation applies- which may be the case for Infotip.

dalchina, Feb 4, 2018
  5. Edwin New Member
    There used to be a parameter within Photo Gallery that would show detailed hover tips, but, I don't see it working in PG any longer.

An indispensable Explorer add-on that does just that is QTTabBar:

Edwin, Feb 4, 2018
  6. pjfarr Win User
    Aha! So it isn't me then. You couldn't get it working either, so it's one of those "Windows Things". OK, thanks so much for giving it a shot! I appreciate your time.

pjfarr, Feb 5, 2018
  7. pjfarr Win User
    I actually created expanded tooltips for images and audio as well and was able to get the info I wanted to pop up for each media type. The only thing I couldn't get to show was the aspect ratio for videos. Oh well.

This QTTabBar looks interesting. I might give it a shot. I thought I had all the geeky add-ons already, lol. Thanks!

pjfarr, Feb 5, 2018
  8. dalchina New Member

My top screenshot shows those parameters (=1) so the result wasn't interesting, so they may not be useful.
    Note I didn't try specifically with the Tooltip parameter as I didn't want to fiddle with mine, but it's a similar parameter list. I was just curious as to whether those parameters could be used at all.

Quizo's Qttabbar has a lot of options- reliable, except I find this odd thing happening in its options:

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Showing Video Aspect Ratio in File Info Tooltip - Similar Threads - Showing Video Aspect

2. Aspect ratio in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Aspect ratio in games: I have a game on my pc that runs in a 4:3 aspect ratio and I accidentally launched it while another game that runs in a 16:9 ratio was open.Now whenever I open that latter game, it runs in a pixelated 4:3 ratio.How do I fix this. How do I set it back to 16:9....
  3. Aspect ratio in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Aspect ratio in games: I have a game on my pc that runs in a 4:3 aspect ratio and I accidentally launched it while another game that runs in a 16:9 ratio was open.Now whenever I open that latter game, it runs in a pixelated 4:3 ratio.How do I fix this. How do I set it back to 16:9....
  4. Paint aspect ratio

Paint aspect ratio: Paint "preserve aspect ratio" not available in Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paint-aspect-ratio/bdfab8c8-43d9-4d40-8d62-db4f245e8178
  5. Monitor Aspect Ratio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Aspect Ratio: I'm running Windows 98 on an old Dell computer. The aspect ratio on the monitor appears to be 16:9 when I want it back to 4:3. How do I do this? Many thannks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-aspect-ratio/18bdf740-2b3e-47f9-9fe7-8bd472896925
  6. Monitor Aspect Ratio

Monitor Aspect Ratio: I'm running Windows 98 on an old Dell computer. The aspect ratio on the monitor appears to be 16:9 when I want it back to 4:3. How do I do this? Many thannks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-aspect-ratio/18bdf740-2b3e-47f9-9fe7-8bd472896925
  7. Aspect Ratio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Aspect Ratio: I opened up Halo: Master Chief Collection and it first opened on my second monitor and shortly after I got it moved to my first monitor it screwed with my aspect ratio and made my icons on that screen bigger than they should be...
  8. Aspect Ratio

Aspect Ratio: I opened up Halo: Master Chief Collection and it first opened on my second monitor and shortly after I got it moved to my first monitor it screwed with my aspect ratio and made my icons on that screen bigger than they should be...
  9. Aspect ratio error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Aspect ratio error: Hi, so I was going to go onto my computer?, but this has happened to me. I’ve updated every little thing, drivers, tried a different cable, switch my tv settings, switch my graphics control settings, nothing I tried has worked. Can someone help?...
  10. Aspect Ratio (Windows10)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Aspect Ratio (Windows10): It seems that my screen is too wide for the display to not be distorted. I want to know if I can change the aspect ratio to accommodate the width of the monitor. I have already tried all the choices for resolution settings, and they are not really the problem....