Windows 10: Showing weird characters like square fonts while installing bat file

Discus and support Showing weird characters like square fonts while installing bat file in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am having issue in installing the batch file . It shows weird characters ( like fonts has not been installed ) when installing the batch file which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jigsawreborn, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Showing weird characters like square fonts while installing bat file

I am having issue in installing the batch file . It shows weird characters ( like fonts has not been installed ) when installing the batch file which leads to error. The filename itself shows unrecognizable character.

Here is the screenshotscreenshot

https://preview.redd.it/cv5l8yey7rr...bp&s=193de45fc72c81e2935a61e30f0a70a3a4822310

And here is the batch file script

u/echo off

%~d0

cd %~d0%~p0

cd

echo オーサリングツールのインストールを開始します

pause

VB6ランタイムライブラリ\setup.exe

pause

xcopy /e /c /y "オーサリングツールモジュール" C:\EmMrt\

echo VB6ランタイムライブラリの登録を行います

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 C:\EmMrt\EmCommon.dll

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\comdlg32.ocx

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MSCOMCTL.OCX

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msflxgrd.ocx

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\richtx32.ocx

pause

Can anyone help me how to resole this?

I am using Win 10 64 Bit Intel processor i5 7700

submitted by /u/jigsawreborn
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jigsawreborn, Apr 8, 2021
  2. Marched Win User

Unicode characters (arrows, for example) looks like squares in a Courier New font

Unicode characters (arrows, for example) looks like a squares in a Courier New font. The same font on OS X shows all arrow symbols fine.

↑ - this symbol looks fine, but this - ↖ - looks like a square.

DejaVu Sans Mono shows all of them correctly.

P.S.

The problem exists in PuTTY and Cygwin consoles, the web browser with Courier New shows arrows fine.

Marched, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Arabic fonts show like only squares

We are facing a serious problem with some Arabic pages after using Windows 10, where the fonts does not show properly and letters appeared like small squares.

Nabil Shehadeh, Apr 8, 2021
  4. wu zj Win User

Showing weird characters like square fonts while installing bat file

Chinese Characters show up as squares

Viewing Chinese Font File Name

Many users who uses Window Mobile 6(WM6) English Version were unable to view Chinese Font File Name or Chinese Characters on their Omnia. If yours is a WM6 bought in Singapore, the Omnia allow you to view both English and Chinese at the same time. Singapore
    Omnia sets is special as Singapore is a bilingual country. Other Omnia sets sold elsewhere may not allowed you to view Chinese Characters on English WM6 set. You need to install a Chinese Software on your WM6 if you want to view Chinese on your Omnia.

Download Kaidi sunfon chinese font>>>

There is something you must take note which is not to transfer file name with chinese characters using Active Syn. If you have done that, it will appear as weird characters on your Omnia. Go to Setting, Connections, USB connection Mode set to Mass
    Storage. Copy the files from the computer to your Omnia 16GB which is now seen as a removable drive on your computer. After copying, you will be able to view chinese fonts on your file name. If you like to copy to the main memory, use the file manager provided
    on the Omnia or other third party applications like Resco.

wu zj, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Showing weird characters like square fonts while installing bat file

1. Showing weird characters like square fonts while installing bat file - Similar Threads - Showing weird characters

2. Font is installed but it only shows up in Character Map

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font is installed but it only shows up in Character Map: Windows version: 24H2I installed a font via Windows font viewer, but it only appears in Character map, the font is there, but it can only be used in browsers....
  3. Font is installed but it only shows up in Character Map

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font is installed but it only shows up in Character Map: Windows version: 24H2I installed a font via Windows font viewer, but it only appears in Character map, the font is there, but it can only be used in browsers....
  4. Why is notepad in Windows 11 showing weird squares instead of font

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is notepad in Windows 11 showing weird squares instead of font: Hi,I am using Windows 11 and Sans Serif Collection and Notepad is showing gibberish characters squares instead of real font. However fonts are showing correctly in toolbar when Im typing.It looks like this....
  5. Why is notepad in Windows 11 showing weird squares instead of font

Why is notepad in Windows 11 showing weird squares instead of font: Hi,I am using Windows 11 and Sans Serif Collection and Notepad is showing gibberish characters squares instead of real font. However fonts are showing correctly in toolbar when Im typing.It looks like this....
  6. Browsers showing weird font

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Browsers showing weird font: Hey guys, my browsers and all Chromium Services like Electron Applications and stuff shows a very weird font.I don't know what to do, i have this problem on all of my browsers and also some applications.i tried to reinstall the windows fonts but im at the end of my tries....
  7. Browsers showing weird font

Browsers showing weird font: Hey guys, my browsers and all Chromium Services like Electron Applications and stuff shows a very weird font.I don't know what to do, i have this problem on all of my browsers and also some applications.i tried to reinstall the windows fonts but im at the end of my tries....
  8. Fonts showing oriental and other characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Fonts showing oriental and other characters: When I go to Windows > Fonts, I see several fonts (TrueType and OpenType) whose icons show what seems to be Japanese and/or other oriental language and other stuff. ▼ But if I open one of these font files, the preview shows the occidental alphabet with its symbols and stuff,...
  9. Websites showing weird fonts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Websites showing weird fonts: I saw lately some websites use some strange fonts instead of showing original fonts on my laptop. I'm pretty sure it has to do something with Windows fonts setting. I reinstalled Windows default font pack, but nothing worked. How do I fix this?...
  10. Corrupt Windows font? Numbers in weird characters.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Corrupt Windows font? Numbers in weird characters.: Hi, First I thought this was an application error, but later I noticed I had the same problem in several other applications too. The problem is that all numerical up/down forms in different applications don't show numbers correctly on my PC as shown below. It seems fine in...