Windows 10: showing wrong location of my desktop

Discus and support showing wrong location of my desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my desktop is showing wrong location. how can i correct this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RandallGreen2, Sep 10, 2020.

1. showing wrong location of my desktop

my desktop is showing wrong location. how can i correct this

:)

RandallGreen2, Sep 10, 2020
  2. dcell Win User

Devices Show Wrong Location

I have two laptops and two desktops. ALL devices consistently show the wrong address. It is an old address/location from when I first created a Microsoft account SEVERAL years ago. I've gone through my account multiple times making sure the correct location
    is listed. I actually have to disable location sharing on the two laptops because the issue causes problems. Does not matter where the devices are, when I sign into my account, they show as being located at the old address. If location sharing is active, any
    program from a specific device will show as being at the old address. One of the laptops and one of the desktops have never even been in that location, I got them after we moved. Searching through past questions here has been no help. Using the Map App on
    all of the devices will show the old address if I click to show current location.

dcell, Sep 10, 2020
  3. Rob T Win User
    Windows 10 showing wrong Location (on two machines)

I have seen this question posted in this forums across many years and yet I have not seen (and probably missed) a definitive answer. As with the many previous posts, the issue is that I am (and therefore my Windows computers are) physically located in Florida
    but Windows says my location is in England outside of London. What is somewhat interesting is that the address is shows in England is where I used to live (about two years ago and the desktop was there as well). What is equally interesting is that a Windows
    tablet I bought here in the US after moving back also shows its location at the same England address. The desktop is actually wired directly to my Comcast router while the tablet has a WiFi connection to the Comcast router.

I was on the phone with Windows support and while the technician was quite nice, he closed the ticket saying that my Comcast IP address what being identified as a UK-based IP address and I needed to have Comcast fix the problem. I strongly doubt this conclusion.

Here are some what I believe symptoms of some underlying problem:

• Google Maps always shows the correct address but Microsoft Maps always shows the wrong address.
    • My desktop & tablet both are unable to automatically detect time zone and I have to set my time zone manually (they both are able to auto-sync the correct time)
    • Window Night Light feature currently shows Sunset as 11:41am and Sunrise as 5:00am where reality in Florida is 6:07pm and 7:18am, respectively and the reality outside of London is 4:43pm and 7:49am, respectively so I am really confused where Night Light
      gets its values.

I checked some of the web based location sites and most worked correctly but one did not:

Any and all suggestions are welcomed!

Rob T, Sep 10, 2020
  4. showing wrong location of my desktop

my location on maps app is wrong.

Hi Don,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Location privacy settings in search bar
      and click on Location privacy settings.
    • Here you can enable/disable the Location.
    • You may try to Enable/Disable the Maps app to use the

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

showing wrong location of my desktop

1. showing wrong location of my desktop - Similar Threads - showing wrong location

2. My Location wrong?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Location wrong?: Location 150 KM away https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-location-wrong/83ba9836-7263-4b1d-b1f1-242db70fa2d8
  3. my pc location is showing the wrong location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc location is showing the wrong location: my pc has decided that my computer is in a different city from where I am. How do I get it to recognize my location. I have already gone into settings and the default location is set correctly. However, when I go to other sites, it thinks I'm somewhere else....
  4. my pc location is showing the wrong location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my pc location is showing the wrong location: my pc has decided that my computer is in a different city from where I am. How do I get it to recognize my location. I have already gone into settings and the default location is set correctly. However, when I go to other sites, it thinks I'm somewhere else....
  5. my pc location is showing the wrong location

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Device Showing Wrong Location

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device Showing Wrong Location: I have two Windows 10 PC's, a desktop on ethernet and a laptop on WiFi. I noticed in my Microsoft account devices, occasionally the laptop shows it is in Nashville Tennessee while I am in Arizona? If I toggle find my device if comes back to Arizona. Also, if I change my Wifi...
  7. Weather showing wrong location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weather showing wrong location: Hello, I have the latest version of the Microsoft weather app on windows 10 and the location is showing the wrong location when set to detect my location. location is enabled in-app settings, privacy settings, and the icon that shows location is being used on the taskbar is...
  8. Windows showing wrong location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows showing wrong location: I live in Savannah, GA. But since a few weeks ago, my location has been shown as Napa, CA. I'm using Boot Camp on a MacBook Pro. macOS on the same machine shows the correct location. Apple Find My App shows the correct location. Cortana, Bing.com in Edge, Google Earth...
  9. Devices Show Wrong Location

Devices Show Wrong Location: I have two laptops and two desktops. ALL devices consistently show the wrong address. It is an old address/location from when I first created a Microsoft account SEVERAL years ago. I've gone through my account multiple times making sure the correct location is listed. I...
  10. Wrong location on my desktop

Wrong location on my desktop: Computer thinks our server is in a location 60 miles from where we actually are. It has been this way for years even though we've moved offices twice, the location used when we use our browsers, etc... stays in Titusville, FL and not in Orlando. How can I fix this?...