Windows 10: ShowKeyPlus

Discus and support ShowKeyPlus in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I used a key when I "upgraded" from Windows 7 A proper OS to Windows 10 spyware and have the genuine MS sticker that the key is on taped to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Evil_J, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Evil_J Win User

ShowKeyPlus

I used a key when I "upgraded" from Windows 7 A proper OS to Windows 10 spyware and have the genuine MS sticker that the key is on taped to my computer.

Out of curiosity, I installed the app ShowKeyPlus, and it reports a different key than what I entered, yet Windows is fully activated and running properly.

The question is, why is it showing a different key, and will this affect me if I need to reinstall windows? Such as if I upgrade to a better drive

:)

Evil_J, Feb 25, 2021
  2. Superfly Win User

ShowKeyPlus

TC, try these steps - Add: extra steps · Issue #14 · -Inc/ShowKeyPlus · GitHub and let me know if errors still occur, I only tested it once in a fresh VM before releasing TBH.
    Hmmm... please confirm with them ( Chrome is installed to Program Files per their MGAdiag report - unless that is Chrome x64, which is a bit unusual?)

Strangely enough, I'm busing adding version and architecture as suggested by @topgundcp recently.

ShowKeyPlus [​IMG]

Superfly, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Superfly Win User
    ShowKeyPlus

Yup, it will give you this..

ShowKeyPlus [​IMG]

.. unless the cert is installed manually : This guy provided the steps at Git
    Add: extra steps · Issue #14 · -Inc/ShowKeyPlus · GitHub

Once it's in the Trusted Store it will show as "OK"

ShowKeyPlus [​IMG]

I signed the exe with the developer cert hoping to bypass the smartscreen nag to unblock... but outsmarting smartscreen is no easy task it appears...

Certs and I have a love-hate relationship since the good old days...

ShowKeyPlus - Windows 10 Forums

LOL

Superfly, Feb 25, 2021
  4. ShowKeyPlus

ShowKeyPlus

So, as Alphanumeric suggested, I am posting also here my problem with Windows 10.
    Let me shortly recap:
    • I have this Teclast tablet with Androdi Kitkat and Windows 8.1 (later discovered that is Windows 8.1 with Bing, aka Windows 8.1 RTM CoreConnected). I've saved the serial number
    • I would really like to update to Windows 10, but, as suggested from user of Teclast Tablet in some forums, updating directly from Win8.1 would make the tablet laggy, so I formatted it and tried to make a clean Windows 10 HOME install (taking the ISO from Microsoft MediaCreatorTool)
    • While installing Windows10, it asked for the serial. I inserted the saved one (from the preinstalled Windows 8.1) and it said that is not a valid serial
    • Then I tried to install Windows 8.1 again (always taking the HOME version from MediaCreatorTool). While installing it says that the serial is not valid again
    • Then, as suggested in this forum, I've checked the saved serial with ShowKeyPlus, and it says that is a serial for Windows 8.1 RTM CoreConnected OEM: DM

So now, what can I do to have an activated Windows 10 version, or at least an activated Windows 8.1 version?

Thanks in advance again

CapitanCatarro, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

ShowKeyPlus

1. ShowKeyPlus - Similar Threads - ShowKeyPlus

2. New PCs intalled with new OEM keys but in ShowKeyPlus all have the same key...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New PCs intalled with new OEM keys but in ShowKeyPlus all have the same key...: Hi guys,Quick question, I assembled 3 PCs and installed OEM Windows 10 PRO purchased from Authorized Microsoft Distributor. The problem is when I run ShowKeyPlus software the info of the installed Key is the same on all PCs. NF6HC-QH89W-F8WYV-WWXV4-WFG6PIs this normal? Is the...
  3. New PCs intalled with new OEM keys but in ShowKeyPlus all have the same key...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PCs intalled with new OEM keys but in ShowKeyPlus all have the same key...: Hi guys,Quick question, I assembled 3 PCs and installed OEM Windows 10 PRO purchased from Authorized Microsoft Distributor. The problem is when I run ShowKeyPlus software the info of the installed Key is the same on all PCs. NF6HC-QH89W-F8WYV-WWXV4-WFG6PIs this normal? Is the...
  4. New PCs intalled with new OEM keys but in ShowKeyPlus all have the same key...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. ShowkeyPlus - generic licence product key?

ShowkeyPlus - generic licence product key?: I upgraded from win7 to win10. I now want to move my system/installation to a new SSD drive. However whilst I have created a Windows 10 media installation disk i have been advised that i still need a licence key once Win10 installed on the new SSD. They have suggested...
  6. ShowKeyPlus UWP images

in Windows 10 Customization
    ShowKeyPlus UWP images: Hey Theme Team, As you may know I'm busy creating a UWP version of ShowKeyPlus. For this I need images for display on the Start menu, Start screen etc. I've included a zip file with templates and the current icon (dunno what happened to original png, unfortunately)...
  7. Remove Original Key and Original Edition from ShowKeyPlus

Remove Original Key and Original Edition from ShowKeyPlus: I recently downgraded my system from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home Single Language. I used the default product key to upgrade from Home to Pro. How do I remove that from my system? 84413
  8. ShowKeyPlus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ShowKeyPlus: Find your Windows product key with ShowKeyPlus. Applies to Windows 7, 8 and 10 If you purchased Windows from an authorized retailer, the product key will only show as the Installed key. This applies to OEM System Builder keys as well. If you purchased a new PC...