Windows 10: Shrink 3 Partitions into 2?

Discus and support Shrink 3 Partitions into 2? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello - I have a 2TB HDD and when it was set up there was an issue and the HDD was set up with 2 Partitions of 1TB each. I used the Shrink option on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by l_turn9, May 14, 2022.

1. l_turn9 Win User

Shrink 3 Partitions into 2?

Hello - I have a 2TB HDD and when it was set up there was an issue and the HDD was set up with 2 Partitions of 1TB each. I used the Shrink option on Part #2 to reduce its size but while I wanted to add it to Part 1 I was not offered that option and I ended up with Part #3 324GB which is Unallocated.. I'd like to end up with just 1 Part. What's the easiest way to do this?

:)

l_turn9, May 14, 2022

2. undo partition shrink

Hi,

If you accidentally shrink the volume of your SSD partition, there is an option to extend the volume as well. To extend the volume of your SSD partition, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard and select Disk Management.
    • Right-click the partition that you want to expand and click Extend Volume.
    • Select the amount of space that you want to extend.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Gerard Qui, May 14, 2022
  3. qinada Win User
    undo partition shrink

Hi, disk management has limitations on the size of shrinking partition. Also extending partition with Disk Management, you must have unallocated space next to the partition which you need to expand. Otherwise, the button is grayed out.

I suggest you use a third party free disk partition manager to help you to
    extend the partition

qinada, May 14, 2022
  4. Shrink 3 Partitions into 2?

Cannot shrink C: partition: Not enough space

Try launching the Event Viewer to see which individual files are blocking the partition shrink.

1. Once again, attempt to shrink the partition. You should get the "There is not enough space" error.
    2. Launch Windows' Event Viewer application.
    3. In Event Viewer, go to Windows Logs > Application.
    4. Find and Click a recent log of type Warning. It should have the message, "Error: during volume shrink initiated on volume Windows (CShrink 3 Partitions into 2? :) we failed to move a movable file extent." (screenshot)
    5. The Diagnostic details will give you the name of the "last unmovable file"
    6. Delete this file (Simply send to recycle bin. I did not need a hard delete).
    7. Try shrinking your volume again.
    8. Repeat steps 2-7 until you successfully shrink your partition. (In my case, I had to do this 3 times, as I had 3 pdf files in my local Google Drive that were for some reason stuck as 'unmovable'.).
    9. Restore your deleted files.

CAUTION:
    Make sure you know what you are deleting! In my case, I knew that these pdf files were:

1. Not system files
    2. Easy to download again if they became lost

misterschmitz, May 14, 2022
Thema:

Shrink 3 Partitions into 2?

1. Shrink 3 Partitions into 2? - Similar Threads - Shrink Partitions

2. Shrink D Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shrink D Partition: Hello, I am facing a problem with C disk. It has not enough space for my applications and I want to get some GB from D partition which it contains Page files and it is a Basic Data Partition. I have read many articles on the internet for this subject. A possible solution is...
  3. Shrink D Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shrink D Partition: Hello, I am facing a problem with C disk. It has not enough space for my applications and I want to get some GB from D partition which it contains Page files and it is a Basic Data Partition. I have read many articles on the internet for this subject. A possible solution is...
  4. Windows 11 Boot Problem after Shrinking System C: Partition

Windows 11 Boot Problem after Shrinking System C: Partition: I'd like to install Arch Linux on my own laptop, then I make the partition from my SSD which contain System WIndows files and shrink it using GParted. Actually, the first I want tomake the partition directly from WIndows using default partition manager from windows but I...
  5. Windows 11 Boot Problem after Shrinking System C: Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Boot Problem after Shrinking System C: Partition: I'd like to install Arch Linux on my own laptop, then I make the partition from my SSD which contain System WIndows files and shrink it using GParted. Actually, the first I want tomake the partition directly from WIndows using default partition manager from windows but I...
  6. Actually I Shrinked one partition but After i am creating it shows like this But can we...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Actually I Shrinked one partition but After i am creating it shows like this But can we...: I need to Install Phoenix OS in this dynamic disk Please anyone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/actually-i-shrinked-one-partition-but-after-i-am/504b1d68-c998-4b8c-8d11-f25e3859d9f7
  7. Actually I Shrinked one partition but After i am creating it shows like this But can we...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Actually I Shrinked one partition but After i am creating it shows like this But can we...: I need to Install Phoenix OS in this dynamic disk Please anyone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/actually-i-shrinked-one-partition-but-after-i-am/504b1d68-c998-4b8c-8d11-f25e3859d9f7
  8. Actually I Shrinked one partition but After i am creating it shows like this But can we...

9. At the time of disk partition it's showing "my disk drive is not shrink beyond the point"....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    At the time of disk partition it's showing "my disk drive is not shrink beyond the point"....: At the time of disk partition it's showing "my disk drive is not shrink beyond the point". I am using window 11 latest version. Kindly help...
  10. At the time of disk partition it's showing "my disk drive is not shrink beyond the point"....

At the time of disk partition it's showing "my disk drive is not shrink beyond the point"....: At the time of disk partition it's showing "my disk drive is not shrink beyond the point". I am using window 11 latest version. Kindly help...