Windows 10: Shrink hard disk windows 10 issue

Discus and support Shrink hard disk windows 10 issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I have 370 GB free space but I am allowed to shrink only 61 GB I contacted the support but no results. I don't want to format my hard disk to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by S.Habbachi, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Shrink hard disk windows 10 issue

Hi I have 370 GB free space but I am allowed to shrink only 61 GB

I contacted the support but no results.

I don't want to format my hard disk to have an extra partition.

no unallocated partition

computer asusvivobook

Windows is updated

I already have a case ID but did not got a solution.

Shrink hard disk windows 10 issue [​IMG]Shrink hard disk windows 10 issue [​IMG]Shrink hard disk windows 10 issue [​IMG]Shrink hard disk windows 10 issue [​IMG]

:)

S.Habbachi, Mar 7, 2021

2. extend or shrink a hard disk partition.

How to extend or shrink a hard disk partition in Windows 10 PC?

Hamiul Islam, Mar 7, 2021
  3. how to add a portion of disk into another hard disk partition in windows 10?

Hi Hamiul,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Run Disk Management. Open Run Command (Windows button +R) a dialog box will open and type "diskmgmt.msc".
    • In the Disk Management screen, just right-click on the partition that you want to shrink, and select “Extend Volume” from the menu
    • Locate your system partition — that’s probably the C: partition. Right-click on it and select “Shrink Volume.” If you have multiple partitions on your hard drive, you could also choose to resize a different partition to free up space.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, Mar 7, 2021
  4. Shrink hard disk windows 10 issue

hard drive issues and miss detection of hard drives

Thank you for the screenshot. By the way, Since when did you notice that your HDD shows 100gb? Have you made any changes on your PC prior to this issue? In the meantime, try to resize the partition. Open Disk Management and follow the steps below on how
    to shrink or extend a partition.

• Shrink a partition
    • Right-click Windows key and click Disk Management.
    • In the Disk Management, right-click the partition you want to shrink and select Shrink Volume.
    • In the Shrink dialog box, input the amount you want to shrink the partition by. Say you want it to shrink by 5gb, input 5000.

• Extend a partition
    • In the Disk Management, right-click the partition you want to shrink and select
      Extend Volume.
    • In the Extend dialog box, specify the amount that you want the partition to increase by.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

Shrink hard disk windows 10 issue

1. Shrink hard disk windows 10 issue - Similar Threads - Shrink hard disk

2. hard disk issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hard disk issue: my hard disk suddenly stopped showing up in anywhere i can hear it running ofc its not showing in disk management and its not showing is device manager under the disk driver and universal serial bus controllers but i found it here I'm sure its the drive because I tried take...
  3. hard disk issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hard disk issue: my hard disk suddenly stopped showing up in anywhere i can hear it running ofc its not showing in disk management and its not showing is device manager under the disk driver and universal serial bus controllers but i found it here I'm sure its the drive because I tried take...
  4. A hard disk issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A hard disk issue: Hello Microsoft, a few days ago, i wanted to format D volume but when i format D or E volumes the Blue Screen of Death appears and shows me this stop code: KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. In addition, after the system boots up and the explorer lunches, once I open...
  5. A hard disk issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A hard disk issue: Hello Microsoft, a few days ago, i wanted to format D volume but when i format D or E volumes the Blue Screen of Death appears and shows me this stop code: KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. In addition, after the system boots up and the explorer lunches, once I open...
  6. A hard disk issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Hard disk issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard disk issue: Hi, i am facing some wierd issue with my hdd it is working extremely slow and there are sudden usage spikes to 100% and then goes to 4% then again it goes 100 %. even when disk is transferring no data its usage is 100.can anyone tell what is the problem? I think my hdd is...
  8. Hard disk issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard disk issue: Hi, i am facing some wierd issue with my hdd it is working extremely slow and there are sudden usage spikes to 100% and then goes to 4% then again it goes 100 %. even when disk is transferring no data its usage is 100.can anyone tell what is the problem? I think my hdd is...
  9. Hard disk issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard disk issue: Dear Team, Few days back while working my laptop switched off automatically and when I tried to restart, found my hard disk got crashed. I have reinstall new hard disk but unfortunately I have lost all the backup and not sure how to activate my windows as i dont have the key...
  10. windows 10 can't shrink hard disk C: as much as I want

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 can't shrink hard disk C: as much as I want: Hi there Microsoft, I'm trying to shrink some GB from my hard disk C: to add it to D: because D: is on low free space and when I try to shrink C: it doesn't let me shrink as much as the free space that C: has, what I mean is that C: has like 150+ GB and it lets me to shrink...