Windows 10: Shrink pics

Discus and support Shrink pics in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh, just found out that there is no right click on a pic and then choose to shrink it in Win 10 like there was in Win 7. 19264 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Maddad, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Maddad Win User

Shrink pics

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh, just found out that there is no right click on a pic and then choose to shrink it in Win 10 like there was in Win 7.

:)

Maddad, Aug 25, 2015

2. nokia 6230i pics shrink when try to save

when you say shrink, does it do this when the image is saved just after taking, or when you view it in the gallery?

seraphim---01, Aug 25, 2015
  3. nokia 6230i pics shrink when try to save

Can anyone please tell me how to stop pictures i receive (as multimedia)shrinking to about a centimeter squared when i save them to images? I receive them as 'standard' but they shrink when i try to save them in my phone ... have tried getting picture
    sent from different phones but still have same problem

champs---01, Aug 25, 2015
  4. Shrink pics

I may not be remembering correctly, but that wasn't a default option in Windows 7, either. It sounds more like you had some graphics software installed, or a plug-in that handled the shrinking. I could be wrong, and I have to find a Windows 7 computer to check.

DeaconFrost, Aug 25, 2015
  5. LMiller7 Win User
    DeaconFrost is correct. There is no native context menu option in Windows 7 to shrink a picture but this could be added by third party software. There is an "Edit" option that opens the picture in Windows Paint program and it has limited resizing capabilities.

LMiller7, Aug 25, 2015
  6. Maddad Win User
    I figured it out. It had been a part of Windows Power Toys. Found it for Win 8, and tried it. It works. Right click on a pic or pics and you will have a resize option. Choose the size and it will save a copy. I found it at Image Resizer for Windows - Home

Maddad, Aug 25, 2015
  7. Ztruker Win User
    I use IrfanView for this, not quite as simple but it works.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Shrink pics

1. Shrink pics - Similar Threads - Shrink pics

2. I can't shrink the disk even though i ahve disk space in my storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't shrink the disk even though i ahve disk space in my storage: i was trying to install ubuntu as dual boot in my system.When i tried to search for the free space it was not available. so i decided to partition my diskOS in the windows itself nut when i was trying to shrink the shrinkable memory was not same as the free space in the disk....
  3. I can't shrink the disk even though i ahve disk space in my storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't shrink the disk even though i ahve disk space in my storage: i was trying to install ubuntu as dual boot in my system.When i tried to search for the free space it was not available. so i decided to partition my diskOS in the windows itself nut when i was trying to shrink the shrinkable memory was not same as the free space in the disk....
  4. Drive C: cannot exdend on a shrinked space on drive D:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive C: cannot exdend on a shrinked space on drive D:: Hello since i after dual boot Windows 11 pro and Windows Ultimate which is my favorite version.Since i ran out of space because of the 170 Windows updates i tried to extend my storage and i cant Should i remove drive C: and extend to 100 GB and reinstall windows 7 ultimate...
  5. Drive C: cannot exdend on a shrinked space on drive D:

Drive C: cannot exdend on a shrinked space on drive D:: Hello since i after dual boot Windows 11 pro and Windows Ultimate which is my favorite version.Since i ran out of space because of the 170 Windows updates i tried to extend my storage and i cant Should i remove drive C: and extend to 100 GB and reinstall windows 7 ultimate...
  6. Windows 11 snipping tool windows shrinking automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 snipping tool windows shrinking automatically: Whenever I take a screenshot with windows button + shift + s the screenshot works as normal, however when I open the snipping tool window to view my screenshot it automatically starts shrinking from the bottom right corner and I don't mean minimizing to the taskbar, the...
  7. Windows 11 snipping tool windows shrinking automatically

Windows 11 snipping tool windows shrinking automatically: Whenever I take a screenshot with windows button + shift + s the screenshot works as normal, however when I open the snipping tool window to view my screenshot it automatically starts shrinking from the bottom right corner and I don't mean minimizing to the taskbar, the...
  8. Shrink volume size error. The last unmovable file appears to be: \$Extend\$UsnJrnl:$J:$DATA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shrink volume size error. The last unmovable file appears to be: \$Extend\$UsnJrnl:$J:$DATA: I want to partition my C: drive, but the available shrink volume size is very less even when is have around 900GB of free storage. I have already tried disabling the header, pager and system recovery file. It didn't work.The error in event viewer is given as: The last...
  9. Shrink volume size error. The last unmovable file appears to be: \$Extend\$UsnJrnl:$J:$DATA

Shrink volume size error. The last unmovable file appears to be: \$Extend\$UsnJrnl:$J:$DATA: I want to partition my C: drive, but the available shrink volume size is very less even when is have around 900GB of free storage. I have already tried disabling the header, pager and system recovery file. It didn't work.The error in event viewer is given as: The last...
  10. Error: "the volume you have selected to shrink may be corrupted. Use chkdsk to fix the...

Error: "the volume you have selected to shrink may be corrupted. Use chkdsk to fix the...: Hi all,For some very specific context that may apply to the situation: I recently tried to install Linux Ubuntu onto my Windows 10 computer in order to complete some programming projects. I had just about completed the process and got to a few steps before actually...