Windows 10: shrink size of c drive while partitioning

Discus and support shrink size of c drive while partitioning in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Error "Access is denied"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by phaniphani, Feb 9, 2019.

1. shrink size of c drive while partitioning

Error "Access is denied"

:)

phaniphani, Feb 9, 2019

2. Shrinking of C drive beyond Pointer size

I tried to create a drive of size 100GB by shrinking C drive which is having 768GB free of 910GB but it is showing size of available shrink space is only 5002MB.

I don't know how to resolve this problem.

Plz help
    shrink size of c drive while partitioning 82f5e90f-4d43-4d0f-9d30-0c86c340b3d2.png

vijaygupta_viju, Feb 9, 2019
  3. How to partition my drive C: Windows 10.

Hi Jayson,

Thank you for sharing your query in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you would like to extend the size of the C drive on your Windows 10 system.
    Try the following steps to extend the size of the drive.

1. Run Disk Management. Open Run Command (Windows button +R) a dialog box will open and type "diskmgmt.msc".

2. In the Disk Management screen, just right-click on the partition that you want to shrink, and select “Extend Volume” from the menu
    3. Locate your system partition — that’s probably the C: partition. Right-click on it and select “Shrink Volume.” If you have multiple partitions on your hard drive, you could also choose to resize a different partition to free up space.

Also, refer the below suggestion replied by Kalpana.S on Aug-28-2015
    for further reference :

partitioning C drive

Keep us informed with the status of the issue, we are here to assist you.
    Thank you.

Akheel Ahmed, Feb 9, 2019
  4. shrink size of c drive while partitioning

How to expand drive c in windows 10

Hi Muhammad Sherjeel,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you would like to extend the size of the C drive on your Windows 10 system.

Try the following steps to extend the size of the drive.

• Run Disk Management. Open Run Command (Windows button +R) a dialog box will open and type "diskmgmt.msc".
    • In the Disk Management screen, just right-click on the partition that you want to shrink, and select “Extend Volume” from the menu
    • Locate your system partition — that’s probably the C: partition. Right-click on it and select “Shrink Volume.” If you have multiple partitions on your hard drive, you could also choose to resize a different partition to free up space.
    Hope this will help you. Let us know if you need further assistance. We’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

shrink size of c drive while partitioning

1. shrink size of c drive while partitioning - Similar Threads - shrink size drive

2. Can't shrink SSD partition beyond certain size

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't shrink SSD partition beyond certain size: I'm trying to shrink the system partition on my SSD to dual boot but it says that the available shrink space size is 16281 MB. I already forced TRIM and ran Windows Cleanup but it's still stuck there Windows 10 20H2 178250
  3. I screwed my windows while trying to shrink partition C

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I screwed my windows while trying to shrink partition C: Two days ago I tried to shrink my C partition so I could get more space in another one to download a game. The windows wouldn’t let me shrink it so I googled how to do it. I found this tutorial and followed the steps. https://imgur.com/gallery/PSrtf50 I didn’t disable...
  4. Shrinking C: Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shrinking C: Drive: I want to shrink my C: drive but it seems that I can't shrink it beyond 17440mb. Why is that? I tried some solution. I disabled auto managing of page file for all drives. I even ran a SFC scan. But it is not solved. The picture is attached below: [ATTACH]...
  5. Shrinking volume of c drive

Shrinking volume of c drive: On shrinking volume off c drive free space:600+ gb, the available size for shrinking is 200 mb only . I have tried defragmenting but nothing happened. I want to create a new partition but the max size available for that is only 200 mb. Help!!!!...
  6. Question regarding shrinking C-Drive

Question regarding shrinking C-Drive: I have over 300 GB in my C drive but am only allowed to shrink around 24 GB. I watched a few videos on YouTube to fix this issue and all of them are telling me to Disable Page file. However on Google it says that disabling Page file can make my laptop run less efficiently. Is...
  7. My drive c is shrinking?

My drive c is shrinking?: So it has been a week that I notice my drive c is shrinking....is it normal? I got some error on my drive c about data loss but that caused by a force shutdown...and im not planning to reinstall my windows if that's your answer I don't have any important data expect main...
  8. Shrinking C: drive

Shrinking C: drive: Hi I am trying to shrink my C: drive so i can make a partition out of it but i can't seem to do it. When i shrink the drive it just loads when i try to check what's happening in the drive through defragment its stuck at 43% shrunk. Am i doing something wrong ?...
  9. when shrinking my C: drive to create a partition, I shrink button greyed out more info

when shrinking my C: drive to create a partition, I shrink button greyed out more info: [ATTACH] As seen above I am able to enter the shrink C: drive menu, but no matter the amount I put in currently at 20gb seen in photo the shrnk button is greyed out. None of the other boxes are editable....
  10. How do I shrink my C: partition?

How do I shrink my C: partition?: I have a Plex server that I want to dual boot with openSUSE Linux. On a Windows partition that has about 150GB of free space, I can shrink that partition only about 17GB. I ran the Windows disk defragmenter and Defraggler and there has been no difference since running the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is shrinking a drive the same with partitioning