Windows 10: Shrinking C: drive

Discus and support Shrinking C: drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I am trying to shrink my C: drive so i can make a partition out of it but i can't seem to do it. When i shrink the drive it just loads when i try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Krischankailee, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Shrinking C: drive

Hi

I am trying to shrink my C: drive so i can make a partition out of it but i can't seem to do it. When i shrink the drive it just loads when i try to check what's happening in the drive through defragment its stuck at 43% shrunk. Am i doing something wrong ?

:)

Krischankailee, Jul 16, 2020

2. shrink my C: drive

my pc has 918 GB harddrive , I wan't to shrink C: drive by 200 GB but system not allow me to shrink C: drive less than 459 GB ( half of total storage ) . It shows massage that " you cannot shrink volume beyond the point whete unmovable file are there ",
    when I have only 80 GB data in C; drive. So, how I can shrink C: drive by 200GB?

Shrinking C: drive e719d95e-d7b1-403e-be52-791dce207638.png

arvindnasit, Jul 16, 2020
  3. AnjaneyaH Win User
    Shrinking of C Drive is Not possible

windows 8.1

i have total space of around 220 Gb in C drive which i would like to reduce and transfer the space to other drive. when i tried the 'Shrink' option, it showed available shrink of around 5Gb which reduced the C drive to 215 Gb.

How to further REDUCE the volume in C drive and Transfer the space to Other Drives?

Help me out.

AnjaneyaH, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Shrinking C: drive

shrink size of c drive while partitioning

Hello phaniphani,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

Make sure you're signed in to administrator account and then try steps to shrink C drive.

Let me know, if you're still facing the issue after signing into admin account, I'll help you.

Kapil Arya [Directly], Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Shrinking C: drive

1. Shrinking C: drive - Similar Threads - Shrinking drive

2. Unable to shrink existing volume

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to shrink existing volume: Currently i have around 200GB of free space in my C Drive and i want to shrink this volume. But, when I try to do the same, The disk management tool restricts me from doing so, saying there are some unmovable files. How to solve this issue???...
  3. Partition manager can't shrink

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Partition manager can't shrink: I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm stumped. I want to shrink my Windows partition, which is 750GB and has over 450GB free. Disk management still says that the partition can be shrunk by 0 bytes. I tried to clear my hard drive as much as possible, but can't remove...
  4. Unable to boot Windows after shrinking its partition via external means.

Unable to boot Windows after shrinking its partition via external means.: I was attempting to create a Manjaro Linux partition, using its included installer to shrink my Win10 partition, however, I made two mistakes: I mistakingly installed Manjaro as UEFI when Win10 was set to Legacy BIOS. Based on some info I found digging the Manjaro forums...
  5. Shrinking/ Extending Bitlockered Partition without Decrypting it using Disk Management

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shrinking/ Extending Bitlockered Partition without Decrypting it using Disk Management: I was under the impression I would gave to decrypt my partitions or whole drive first but looks like this is not necessary? submitted by /u/HFSGV [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hkj3s4/shrinking_extending_bitlockered_partition_without/
  6. Shrinking/ Extending Bitlockered Partition without Decrypting it using Disk Management

Shrinking/ Extending Bitlockered Partition without Decrypting it using Disk Management: I was under the impression I would gave to decrypt my partitions or whole drive first but looks like this is not necessary? When I look in DISK MANAGEMENT, the options are not greyed out. Any feedback?...
  7. when shrinking my C: drive to create a partition, I shrink button greyed out more info

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    when shrinking my C: drive to create a partition, I shrink button greyed out more info: [ATTACH] As seen above I am able to enter the shrink C: drive menu, but no matter the amount I put in currently at 20gb seen in photo the shrnk button is greyed out. None of the other boxes are editable....
  8. I need help for shrinking c drive .

I need help for shrinking c drive .: I am not able to shrink my c drive which was allocated 931 GB , i want to resize to 200 GB . I'm not able to do it using disk management . In disk management , the maximum available shrink space is 790 gb but can't figure out why , as i surfed internet i saw several websites...
  9. shrink size of c drive while partitioning

shrink size of c drive while partitioning: Error "Access is denied" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shrink-size-of-c-drive-while-partitioning/9d56b50a-0b10-406b-bdd5-0bb96bdf9791"
  10. Windows 10: cannot shrink volume (D drive)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10: cannot shrink volume (D drive): Hi all, I am trying to dual-boot Ubuntu and Windows 10 on my computer. I currently have Windows 10 installed and am trying to partition(split) my D drive to create a new drive for Ubuntu. My D drive currently has 100GB of free space. However, in Disk Management, only...