Windows 10: Shrinking/ Extending Bitlockered Partition without Decrypting it using Disk Management

Discus and support Shrinking/ Extending Bitlockered Partition without Decrypting it using Disk Management in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was under the impression I would gave to decrypt my partitions or whole drive first but looks like this is not necessary? When I look in DISK... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 5551212, Jul 3, 2020.

1. 5551212 Win User

Shrinking/ Extending Bitlockered Partition without Decrypting it using Disk Management

I was under the impression I would gave to decrypt my partitions or whole drive first but looks like this is not necessary? When I look in DISK MANAGEMENT, the options are not greyed out. Any feedback?

:)

5551212, Jul 3, 2020

2. undo partition shrink

Hi,

If you accidentally shrink the volume of your SSD partition, there is an option to extend the volume as well. To extend the volume of your SSD partition, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard and select Disk Management.
    • Right-click the partition that you want to expand and click Extend Volume.
    • Select the amount of space that you want to extend.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Gerard Qui, Jul 3, 2020
  3. extend or shrink a hard disk partition.

Using disk management, however it doesn't do as good as other softwares like EaseUS partition master do,

Type in diskmgmt.msc in Run dialog box>Right click the disk in section 2 you wish to extend or shrink proceed accordingly.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Shrinking/ Extending Bitlockered Partition without Decrypting it using Disk Management

extend or shrink a hard disk partition.

How to extend or shrink a hard disk partition in Windows 10 PC?

Hamiul Islam, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

Shrinking/ Extending Bitlockered Partition without Decrypting it using Disk Management

1. Shrinking/ Extending Bitlockered Partition without Decrypting it using Disk Management - Similar Threads - Shrinking Extending Bitlockered

2. How to decrypt Bitlocker-encrypted hard disk partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to decrypt Bitlocker-encrypted hard disk partition?: Hi,I have a Dell Vostro 14 3000 laptop with pre-installed Windows 11 Home, with a 1 TB hard disk drive and 8 GB RAM. I created 2 partitions on my hard disk - "C:" for OS and "D:" for files storage.Recently I installed a 256 GB SSD hard disk and installed OS on it, planning to...
  3. How to decrypt Bitlocker-encrypted hard disk partition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to decrypt Bitlocker-encrypted hard disk partition?: Hi,I have a Dell Vostro 14 3000 laptop with pre-installed Windows 11 Home, with a 1 TB hard disk drive and 8 GB RAM. I created 2 partitions on my hard disk - "C:" for OS and "D:" for files storage.Recently I installed a 256 GB SSD hard disk and installed OS on it, planning to...
  4. Unable to extend volume of a partition in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to extend volume of a partition in Disk Management: Hello, recently I have deleted a partition on my SSD that was containing another operating system. I did this to expand the size of my Windows partition to install some more games. However, I was unable to extend the volume of my main partition because the "Extend Volume"...
  5. Unable to extend volume of a partition in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to extend volume of a partition in Disk Management: Hello, recently I have deleted a partition on my SSD that was containing another operating system. I did this to expand the size of my Windows partition to install some more games. However, I was unable to extend the volume of my main partition because the "Extend Volume"...
  6. No option to shrink partition in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No option to shrink partition in Disk Management: Hi, I've got a question about my Windows 10 Home laptop. I don't use it as much now but I thought about a scenario where I can install another copy of Windows 10 on a new partition (it's a 1tb SSD) to use as testing for Windows Insider builds - I've had a look around on this...
  7. Partition manager can't shrink

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Partition manager can't shrink: I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm stumped. I want to shrink my Windows partition, which is 750GB and has over 450GB free. Disk management still says that the partition can be shrunk by 0 bytes. I tried to clear my hard drive as much as possible, but can't remove...
  8. Extending Disk Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extending Disk Partition: I have reinstalled my Windows on my system switching back from ubuntu. After installing the windows on my PC the Hard disk SSD have partitioned in a weird manner. I have a got a 4.47 GB space at the start of the disk and the EFI partition and then the local disk partition of...
  9. Shrinking/ Extending Bitlockered Partition without Decrypting it using Disk Management

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shrinking/ Extending Bitlockered Partition without Decrypting it using Disk Management: I was under the impression I would gave to decrypt my partitions or whole drive first but looks like this is not necessary? submitted by /u/HFSGV [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hkj3s4/shrinking_extending_bitlockered_partition_without/
  10. Extend Disk partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extend Disk partition: Hi i want to extend disk my c drive with a free 48 gb space. but i cannot do that. The extend option is greyed out and i cannot also delete the free disk space. pictures of it are bellow. Please help me increase the disk space. Thank you.[ATTACH]...