Windows 10: Shrinking my SSD

Discus and support Shrinking my SSD in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there - I recently bought a Dell laptop, Inspiron 14 5000 2-in-1, and it comes with an SSD 512 GB but one drive. If I want to split the volume into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sam_Dell, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Sam_Dell Win User

Shrinking my SSD

Hi there - I recently bought a Dell laptop, Inspiron 14 5000 2-in-1, and it comes with an SSD 512 GB but one drive. If I want to split the volume into 2 partitions would that affect the OEM Windows version that exists on a hidden drive? I was told by a friend of mine that shrinking the hard drive may change the clusters on which the Windows copy is to be loaded from as it will be moved to different cluster numbers. I am not 100% sure of this information so I decided to ask over here.

Here is a screenshot if my hard drive from Disk Management

Shrinking my SSD ee868317-766d-4717-a74e-82a105ba57cd?upload=true.png

Please advise !

Thank you in advance,

Sam

:)

Sam_Dell, Feb 19, 2020

2. undo partition shrink

Hi,

If you accidentally shrink the volume of your SSD partition, there is an option to extend the volume as well. To extend the volume of your SSD partition, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard and select Disk Management.
    • Right-click the partition that you want to expand and click Extend Volume.
    • Select the amount of space that you want to extend.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Gerard Qui, Feb 19, 2020
  3. AMD to Give 20 nm Optical Shrinks to Console SoCs First

Xbox 360 technical specifications - Wikipedia

Scroll down to list of revisions. Die shrinks are not consumer relevant with consoles. They bring no performance changes because consistency is the entire point of them. Unless you're batshit crazy Nintendo that is, then you get the "new 3DS" half step BS.

LAN_deRf_HA, Feb 19, 2020
  4. Shrinking my SSD

Screen Shrinking

Hi Tracey,

In order to help you with your concern about the screen of your computer which is constantly shrinking, may we request you to answer the following questions first:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer system prior to getting this issue?
    • What is the version and build of your Windows 10? To know these information, use the following steps:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Once the Run box appears, type Winver.
    • Press Enter.
    • Check for the Windows Build and Version.

(Click this link should you need to update your device and to access the Windows 10 update history as well.)

• Aside from updating the drivers, what other troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? This is for us to avoid redundancy.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

Shrinking my SSD

1. Shrinking my SSD - Similar Threads - Shrinking SSD

2. Drive C: cannot exdend on a shrinked space on drive D:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive C: cannot exdend on a shrinked space on drive D:: Hello since i after dual boot Windows 11 pro and Windows Ultimate which is my favorite version.Since i ran out of space because of the 170 Windows updates i tried to extend my storage and i cant Should i remove drive C: and extend to 100 GB and reinstall windows 7 ultimate...
  3. Drive C: cannot exdend on a shrinked space on drive D:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive C: cannot exdend on a shrinked space on drive D:: Hello since i after dual boot Windows 11 pro and Windows Ultimate which is my favorite version.Since i ran out of space because of the 170 Windows updates i tried to extend my storage and i cant Should i remove drive C: and extend to 100 GB and reinstall windows 7 ultimate...
  4. Windows 11 snipping tool windows shrinking automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 snipping tool windows shrinking automatically: Whenever I take a screenshot with windows button + shift + s the screenshot works as normal, however when I open the snipping tool window to view my screenshot it automatically starts shrinking from the bottom right corner and I don't mean minimizing to the taskbar, the...
  5. I have many free space in SSD C drive. But i am not able to shrink volume. Kindly help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have many free space in SSD C drive. But i am not able to shrink volume. Kindly help: I have many free space in SSD C drive. But i am not able to shrink volume. Kindly help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-many-free-space-in-ssd-c-drive-but-i-am-not/1df78ff8-a792-40ba-89cb-957aadd6cab0
  6. I have many free space in SSD C drive. But i am not able to shrink volume. Kindly help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have many free space in SSD C drive. But i am not able to shrink volume. Kindly help: I have many free space in SSD C drive. But i am not able to shrink volume. Kindly help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-many-free-space-in-ssd-c-drive-but-i-am-not/1df78ff8-a792-40ba-89cb-957aadd6cab0
  7. Can't shrink SSD partition beyond certain size

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't shrink SSD partition beyond certain size: I'm trying to shrink the system partition on my SSD to dual boot but it says that the available shrink space size is 16281 MB. I already forced TRIM and ran Windows Cleanup but it's still stuck there Windows 10 20H2 178250
  8. Can't shrink ssd, need help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't shrink ssd, need help!: submitted by /u/Subkist [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f604cf/cant_shrink_ssd_need_help/
  9. Can't shrink HD partition enough to copy to a smaller SSD

Can't shrink HD partition enough to copy to a smaller SSD: HP Core i3 desktop, Windows 10 1809 (PC originally came from HP with Win7) It's my Dad's desktop PC and I'm upgrading it to a 240gb SSD. Current drive is a 5400rpm 1tb HD. He has less than 50gb of space used (after cleanup) on the existing C: partition, so there's just no...
  10. I have 90 gb free on my ssd, but disk management will only let me shrink 4 gb. I need it to...

I have 90 gb free on my ssd, but disk management will only let me shrink 4 gb. I need it to...: submitted by /u/Ra1n69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dzmxu7/i_have_90_gb_free_on_my_ssd_but_disk_management/