Windows 10: Shrinking volume of c drive

Discus and support Shrinking volume of c drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On shrinking volume off c drive free space:600+ gb, the available size for shrinking is 200 mb only . I have tried defragmenting but nothing happened.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hashira_water, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Shrinking volume of c drive

On shrinking volume off c drive free space:600+ gb, the available size for shrinking is 200 mb only .

I have tried defragmenting but nothing happened.

I want to create a new partition but the max size available for that is only 200 mb.

Help!!!!

:)

Hashira_water, Nov 30, 2020
  2. mgreen10 Win User

SHRINK C VOLUME TO SMALLER CAPACITY

I have the same issue. I have a brand new HP Envy 17t laptop and have put no files or apps on it. I tried to use Disk Management to shrink the C: system volume but it would only allow 50% shrink. I moved the pagefile.sys and swapfile.sys to another physical
    drive, E:, but this made no difference. I can still only shrink the C: volume to 50%.

Perhaps the only solution is to use a third-party partition editor like easeus or mini Partition Editor.

If you have any other suggestions, let me know.

Thanks!

mgreen10, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Can't shrink the volume of the C drive.

Shrinking volume of c drive 6e3e03aa-44cc-4e14-9d75-e2ef3ac6dc15.png
    Hi.
    I just reset my PC. I've 688.9GB of space in my C drive and 207 in D drive. (I haven't installed anything yet). Starting off, I just wanted to create another partition. But I can't shrink the volume of my C drive. It says 0MB of size available in shrink space.
    Could someone please tell me how to fix this?

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

AhmedNadeemSF, Nov 30, 2020
  4. AnjaneyaH Win User

Shrinking volume of c drive

Shrinking of C Drive is Not possible

windows 8.1

i have total space of around 220 Gb in C drive which i would like to reduce and transfer the space to other drive. when i tried the 'Shrink' option, it showed available shrink of around 5Gb which reduced the C drive to 215 Gb.

How to further REDUCE the volume in C drive and Transfer the space to Other Drives?

Help me out.

AnjaneyaH, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

Shrinking volume of c drive

1. Shrinking volume of c drive - Similar Threads - Shrinking volume drive

2. can not shrink volume on drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can not shrink volume on drive: when i try to shrink the drive the option to shrink volume is not there but when i try do the same on windows c: it works perfectly fine, the option to shrink the drive is grey and wont let me click on it istead of being black, https://i.postimg.cc/W3Yr625V/111.png - this is...
  3. can not shrink volume on drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can not shrink volume on drive: when i try to shrink the drive the option to shrink volume is not there but when i try do the same on windows c: it works perfectly fine, the option to shrink the drive is grey and wont let me click on it istead of being black, https://i.postimg.cc/W3Yr625V/111.png - this is...
  4. can not shrink volume on drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Shrinking C: Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shrinking C: Drive: I want to shrink my C: drive but it seems that I can't shrink it beyond 17440mb. Why is that? I tried some solution. I disabled auto managing of page file for all drives. I even ran a SFC scan. But it is not solved. The picture is attached below: [ATTACH]...
  6. Question regarding shrinking C-Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question regarding shrinking C-Drive: I have over 300 GB in my C drive but am only allowed to shrink around 24 GB. I watched a few videos on YouTube to fix this issue and all of them are telling me to Disable Page file. However on Google it says that disabling Page file can make my laptop run less efficiently. Is...
  7. My drive c is shrinking?

My drive c is shrinking?: So it has been a week that I notice my drive c is shrinking....is it normal? I got some error on my drive c about data loss but that caused by a force shutdown...and im not planning to reinstall my windows if that's your answer I don't have any important data expect main...
  8. Shrinking C: drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shrinking C: drive: Hi I am trying to shrink my C: drive so i can make a partition out of it but i can't seem to do it. When i shrink the drive it just loads when i try to check what's happening in the drive through defragment its stuck at 43% shrunk. Am i doing something wrong ?...
  9. cant shrink volume

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cant shrink volume: got a dual boot system with ubuntu, want to shrink volume so i can give ubuntu more space but cant(despite having 200gb space). tried using 3rd party software but they all require a lisence. is there any way to fix this problem without paying for 3rd party software?...
  10. Shrinking a volume

Shrinking a volume: I'm having trouble trying to shrink a volume on an external hard drive. The Disk Management dialog window asks for the number of megabytes I want to reduce. Every time I try a number I get a "wrong perameter" error. Why?...