Windows 10: Shut down and overheat!

Discus and support Shut down and overheat! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; To make sure, sorry for any syntax or grammar problem, i have a problem using handbrake every time when i convert video is overheating and CPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Erna, May 20, 2016.

1. Erna Win User

Shut down and overheat!

To make sure, sorry for any syntax or grammar problem, i have a problem using handbrake every time when i convert video is overheating and CPU increases at 85C and shut down. I did not have that problem two weeks before, it all started this week, i have a windows 7 PC, sorry i did not find any forum about W7, looking forward of any solutions, i think that i should clean my fan , maybe!

:)

2. Windows 10 taskbar issue.

Yes I can program Coretemp to shut down the PC if the CPU overheats. Coretemp is for the CPU and not GPU.

We got mixed up there.

Im using GPU Meter and EVGA Precision to monitor the VIDEO CARD temps.

I am not overheating and the PC is not shutting down, EVGA Preicsion software is being shut off and then I overheat on the GPU but PC never shuts down.

As for the PSU Im running a 750 watt 80 plus gold rated Corsair modular PSU. More than adequate.

I just want to stop windows from shutting down programs that are being used after the PC has been running for 3 straight days.

I feel like we are getting things confused here.

1. PC DOES NOT OVERHEAT or SHUT DOWN.

2. GPU DOES NOT overheat or shut down.

3.EVGA PRECISION SHUTs DOWN after windows 10 has run for 3 days, not from overheating, only overheats because the software is being turned off.

4. DOES this WHILE playing games or anything else.

5.Something within windows 10 is causing this to happen. I just cant figure out what it is that is doing this.

markrogers75, May 20, 2016
  3. KwanKong Win User
    windows 10 installation & thermal shutdown

This continues to be a real problem! Anytime I visit a more graphics intensive web site, the CPU overheats and the computer would immediately shut down.

KwanKong, May 20, 2016
  4. Plankton Win User

Shut down and overheat!

What's the make/model of your PC? Has it ever been cleaned out properly? Do you have the latest version of handbrake installed? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling handbrake?

Plankton, May 20, 2016
  5. Winuser Win User
    Is the cooling fan on the CPU working?

Winuser, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Shut down and overheat!

1. Shut down and overheat! - Similar Threads - Shut down overheat

2. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  3. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  4. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Lenovo Z70 in great shape but overheats and shuts down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lenovo Z70 in great shape but overheats and shuts down: I replaced, battery,hhd to ssd, upgraded ram, and even replaced the fan. Its still blue screen over heating on me. Would replacing the processor help at all? Or Not worth it. TIA submitted by /u/EarForceOne222 [link] [comments]...
  6. CPU overheat error on restart/boot soon after shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU overheat error on restart/boot soon after shutting down: Hello, A problem that has been occurring recently with my computer is that when you boot soon after shutting down, I get a CPU overheating error and it doesnt boot. I originally assumed it just needed to be dusted or something, but after trying to restart it for updates...
  7. how to shut down a prog. that will not shut down.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to shut down a prog. that will not shut down.: the game will not shut down . it keeps running, it will not uninstall because it is running. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-shut-down-a-prog-that-will-not-shut-down/dd492b73-69a0-426f-b090-adf83a9cda2b"
  8. shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    shut down: My laptop is not shutting down nor the cursor is moving from its place. Task manager is also not opening now how should I shut down 69273
  9. Overheat

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Overheat: I am almost the proud owner on an HP 24g-018 "All in One' PC. I am streaming TV thru it for 8+ hours a day. It at times overheats and shuts down and then it is an absolute P-I-T-A (pain the back pockets) to get started again even after leaving it shutdown for six or more...
  10. Shut Down

in Windows 10 Support
    Shut Down: When I boot win 10 it runs for a few minutes then shuts down. No BOSD. Reboot & everything is OK! I can press & hold the start button until the light goes out & reboot again & again, but if a shut for a long period it happens again! One of the fixes is to run a command...