Windows 10: Shut down command with installing updates

Discus and support Shut down command with installing updates in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, is it possible to shut down Windows 10 with a command or a desktop shortcut which will install pending updates first and then shuts down the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rod_e_cz, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Shut down command with installing updates

Hi, is it possible to shut down Windows 10 with a command or a desktop shortcut which will install pending updates first and then shuts down the computer? I know this might be a silly question since most of the users are trying to avoid updates so the computer is shut down immediately.
    When I use shutdown.exe with "/s /t 0" parameters it shuts the computer down but the pending updates are not installed. I know I can use the power button in Start menu but it just takes too many clicks.

It would be superb if this can be achieved only with common Windows components (Powershell included) and without the need of elevated (admin) privileges, but I'm fine with 3rd party tools as well.

Thank you.

submitted by /u/rod_e_cz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/rod_e_cz, Sep 3, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Shut down command with installing updates :)

Naki, Sep 3, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Bree, Sep 3, 2020
  4. ryanly Win User

Shut down command with installing updates

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

Shut down command with installing updates

1. Shut down command with installing updates - Similar Threads - Shut down command

2. Computer doesn’t shutdown on command ’shut down’

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer doesn’t shutdown on command ’shut down’: When I hit the power button to turn off my computer, it will restart instead of shutting off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-doesnt-shutdown-on-command-shut-down/c0be59d6-4f9e-4b4f-a3d6-848fc424dced
  3. Computer doesn’t shutdown on command ’shut down’

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer doesn’t shutdown on command ’shut down’: When I hit the power button to turn off my computer, it will restart instead of shutting off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-doesnt-shutdown-on-command-shut-down/c0be59d6-4f9e-4b4f-a3d6-848fc424dced
  4. Computer doesn’t shutdown on command ’shut down’

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. dism command shut down pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dism command shut down pc: Hello, I recently had to reinstall windows on my pc and since then I started having problems with some reboots that happen only on specific occasions As in the use of some programs. I tried to repair with the dism command, but when I use the command dism /online...
  6. dism command shut down pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dism command shut down pc: Hello, I recently had to reinstall windows on my pc and since then I started having problems with some reboots that happen only on specific occasions As in the use of some programs. I tried to repair with the dism command, but when I use the command dism /online...
  7. dism command shut down pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. random shutting down to install an update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    random shutting down to install an update?: does windows always ask before randomly shutting down to install an update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-shutting-down-to-install-an-update/86edee15-7718-4aac-ba33-ef4518371b65
  9. Update and shut down...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update and shut down...: This has been bugging me for years. I don't even know if it's a bug or if this is on purpose. When i press "Update and shutdown" i want my computer to finish the update and then shut down. This has never happened for me it always without fail updates and then restarts the...
  10. Shut down and Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Shut down and Update: Hi, my sister's computer she did an update and then shut down but the computer says shutdown with circle going aroungd for quite some time ? What does this means ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-and-update/c5aa5d9b-f71e-4714-a7a5-776f241233ed