Windows 10: Shut down computer earlier- it just turned on my itself?

Discus and support Shut down computer earlier- it just turned on my itself? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Any explanation? I’ve come home before wondering why my computer was on because I always shut it down. Not sleep mode- I shut it down. submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/VCACompressor, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Shut down computer earlier- it just turned on my itself?

Any explanation? I’ve come home before wondering why my computer was on because I always shut it down. Not sleep mode- I shut it down.

submitted by /u/VCACompressor
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/VCACompressor, Jan 16, 2020
  2. Merliah Win User

Computer is shutting down immediately after turning it on?

This has started to happen recently and I'm worried. It does not happen always but this week it happened more often. Basically when I am turning my computer on, after a beep it's shutting down. With the second time it turns on and it does not list that my computer shut down suddenly, so to get me into safe mode, etc. but it boots normally.

I am not sure what the problem is. I removed an additional small fan I had, since I always had it there in the usb, so I thought it could be causing it, but I removed it. I decided to replace my power adapter, since other times I had problem with that & usually they are heating a lot. I bought a cheaper adapter & still the same. I also noticed that this problem usually happens when I turn on my computer after hours. I tried to turn on/turn off my computer between minutes and it did not happen.

Could it be dust? The CPU? I just hope there isn't any problem with the motherboard.

Merliah, Jan 16, 2020
  3. OldMike65 Win User
    I don't have any bluetooth devices but windows turned it on!!

Then if they are still on, try some of these steps listed below, Not all of these steps may not apply, but, step #2 and #4 should help. I have all 4 steps on myself.

1 Go to Device manager and DISABLE Bluetooth, Do Not remove!
    2 Turn USB suspend off
    3 Set Hard Drive or SSD to Never
    4 Turn Link State Power Management off
    Settings 2 thur 4 can be found in your Power Management Settings.
    Then click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
    Then Reboot your Computer. This does work, may come back if you shut OFF your computer,then turn it back on, if it does, just a reboot will turn it off again.

OldMike65, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Shut down computer earlier- it just turned on my itself?

Computer turns itself back on after shut down

Hi Thiaunaj,

It could be due to incorrect settings or missing/corrupt drivers or missing updates.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Go to, Settings. Then System. Then click on Power and Sleep.
    • Click on Additional power settings. Then "Choose what the power button does".
    • Click on Change Settings. Finally unclick "Turn on fast start up".
    • Save Settings.
    Also, try to run the Power Troubleshooter.

Power troubleshooter will automatically fix some common issues with Power Plans. Run the Power troubleshooter to adjust your computer's power settings. The Power troubleshooter checks things like your computer's timeout settings,
    which determine how long the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering sleep mode. Adjusting these settings can help you conserve power and extend your computer's battery life.

• Press Windows Logo Key+X then click on Search option.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on
      System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Shut down computer earlier- it just turned on my itself?

1. Shut down computer earlier- it just turned on my itself? - Similar Threads - Shut down computer

2. My Laptop Turns ON by itself after SHUT DOWN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop Turns ON by itself after SHUT DOWN: Hi, I have a problem that started yesterday...When I SHUT DOWN my laptop, a few seconds later I see it already turned ON, and when I decided to watch it doing that, I found out that it doesn't even show me the normal Boot sequence, my screen just turns ON as if I just put my...
  3. My Laptop Turns ON by itself after SHUT DOWN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Laptop Turns ON by itself after SHUT DOWN: Hi, I have a problem that started yesterday...When I SHUT DOWN my laptop, a few seconds later I see it already turned ON, and when I decided to watch it doing that, I found out that it doesn't even show me the normal Boot sequence, my screen just turns ON as if I just put my...
  4. My Laptop Turns ON by itself after SHUT DOWN

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Laptop Turns ON by itself after SHUT DOWN: Hi, I have a problem that started yesterday...When I SHUT DOWN my laptop, a few seconds later I see it already turned ON, and when I decided to watch it doing that, and I found that it doesn't even show me the normal Boot sequence, my screen just turns ON as if I just put my...
  5. Computer just shuts down.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer just shuts down.: I get the following: Your computer has encountered a problem and will restart. This happens mostly when on Facebook. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-just-shuts-down/bcc7b9ab-2945-49a6-bd26-61802ca3c784
  6. My computer is shutting down by itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer is shutting down by itself: My PC shuts down by itself after being on 24 hours or so sometimes longer sometimes within a day. When I restart it it has to load META data and usually finishes up the POST and loads Windows. Any ideas? Or can anyone tell me where to find the error logs for windows and what...
  7. My Computer Keeps Shutting Down by itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Computer Keeps Shutting Down by itself: How can I fix this problem.Is there anyone who can help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/my-computer-keeps-shutting-down-by-itself/bfef363a-92f0-4c54-9265-6933ec3ce59a
  8. Need help computer shuts down By itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help computer shuts down By itself: Hi, I'm having a problem when I'm on my computer programming or playing a game, my system just shuts down by its self , and when I have closed all windows, its fine all day. Like I will be playing a online game and if anything is open it works for like 5 minutes then it just...
  9. Computer doesn't shut down by itself.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer doesn't shut down by itself.: Hi, I click the windows10 icon and option comes; shut down. I press that one and I see stars going round the circle but computer doesn't shut down. Overnight it remained same. Next morning, I had to shut down manually. Why? 32165
  10. Sleep Just Shuts Down Computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Just Shuts Down Computer: Hello. After I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, my sleep feature quit working properly. There was a point in time a couple months back it did work, but since I hardly use it I didn't notice a problem. Recently I decided I'd start using it, and that's when I noticed...