Windows 10: shut down does not turn off fan / laptop

Discus and support shut down does not turn off fan / laptop in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have Samsung laptop intel core i3 with windows 7 pro installed a week ago shut down does not turn off my pc completely and it need to turn it off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ehab elkolaly, Nov 18, 2019.

1. shut down does not turn off fan / laptop

I have Samsung laptop intel core i3 with windows 7 pro installed

a week ago shut down does not turn off my pc completely and it need to turn it off manually by pressing the power button continuously and could not find any solutions.

recently I have upgraded windows to windows 10 pro with full format of drive C to remove all personal files and any installed APP.

but unfortunately still the problem exist and normal shut down is not turning off my laptop.

please help.

:)

ehab elkolaly, Nov 18, 2019
  2. Thanatar Win User

Laptop fan not always turning on

Hello,
    I am having an issue on my Inspiron 15 where my cooling fan doesnt always start up. For example, ill start up the laptop, and start web browsing or playing a game, and the fan will never turn on. I have had it overheat and shut off a few times. But if i restart the laptop manually (start>power>restart), it will spin up automatically as it should. But then after a few more restarts, i will have a session where the fan will never turn on. Right now my only solution, besides a restart, is to use the program Speedfan, and ramp the fans to 100%. Does anyone know why its doing this? My other Inspiron 15, running a Broadwell i7 and Windows 10, has no issues at all.

Thanks for your time,

Thanatar, Nov 18, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Utility for laptop fan control?

Note that, depending on your laptop, any direct control of the fan may not be possible. I suggested the one above as it seems aimed at laptops in particular- but I've not tried it.

E.g. Speedfan lists no fan on my Thinkpad.

Ok, I've now tried NoteBook FanControl for you.
    It has preset configurations for different machines: e.g.

shut down does not turn off fan / laptop [​IMG]

which for my t440s gives

shut down does not turn off fan / laptop [​IMG]

- whereas Speedfan didn't seem to achieve anything, I'm afraid. Presumably you looked at the config editor...

dalchina, Nov 18, 2019
  4. shut down does not turn off fan / laptop

HP Pavilion 15 randomly shuts down incorrectly if fast startup enabled

I've just updated an HP Pavilion 15 from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 (Home 64 bit). If fast startup is enabled, the laptop freezes at the very least step of the shutting down process. The shutting down process goes like this:

1. First you click on shut down
    2. The shut down screen appears
    3. The screen turns off and then the fan starts to spin at high speed
    4. After 4-5 seconds, the fan stops
    5. The laptop is completely turned off, no lights are turned on (in most of PC's)

Well, my problem is that randomly, the Pavilion 15 freezes after step 4 has been completed, with the light of the ON/OFF button turned on forever. Sometimes it turns off correctly, but many other times this happens. If I disable the fast startup, this won't happen and it will always turn off correctly.

What can I do?
    How is it that it's random?

I've tested this with no apps running on background, so that can't be the reason, besides, no apps or programs can freeze the system after the step 4 has been completed, since they are all shut down after step 1.

Also, the fast startup option was activated when I was using Windows 8.1 and never had a single problem with this laptop.

rambomhtri, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

shut down does not turn off fan / laptop

1. shut down does not turn off fan / laptop - Similar Threads - shut down does

2. Fan and power lights remain turned on after shutting down PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fan and power lights remain turned on after shutting down PC: When I turn off my computer, the screen goes back as normal, but the lights remain turned on and the fan doesn't stop. If I hold down the power button for 5 seconds, it powers off, but I want to avoid doing so everytime. I've read a lot of similar questions, but none of...
  3. Laptop shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shutting down: Hello, I have been having an issue with my HP Laptop for a few days, my device would shut itself down before the battery saver mode even came on, now it locks my Laptop quickly as soon as it asks me to plug my charger in and the battery saver mode, but it locks itself so...
  4. Turn off notification at Windows 10 Shut Down

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off notification at Windows 10 Shut Down: As a new user of Win10, I have hit the shutdown button, walked away and come back to find the annoying 'are you sure' notification still active as is the PC. How do I turn off such notifications as in the common 'don't ask me this again' box? 115797
  5. Laptop fan not always turning on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop fan not always turning on: Hello, I am having an issue on my Inspiron 15 where my cooling fan doesnt always start up. For example, ill start up the laptop, and start web browsing or playing a game, and the fan will never turn on. I have had it overheat and shut off a few times. But if i restart the...
  6. Computer does not turn off after shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer does not turn off after shutting down: Dell Optiplex 780, had Windows 7 64-bit, upgraded to Windows 10 via the free upgrade. Now every time I tell Windows 10 to shut down, it does the shut down sequence but the computer itself remains on. The power light is on and the computer itself is running. The Only way to...
  7. Shutting down Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutting down Laptop: From time to time when powering down my Laptop (Dell Inspiron 17) , the two blue lights in front remain on & I need to take out the battery I would like to know what is possibly causing this and how I can get it corrected 41521
  8. Laptop doesn't turn itself off after shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop doesn't turn itself off after shutting down: I recently upgraded to windows 10 and when I try to shut down the OS safely shuts down but the laptop stays on meaning I have to turn it off manually (hold the power button). I have tried turning off hybrid shutdown but this hasn't helped. How do I fix this? 10443
  9. Laptop not shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop not shutting down: Hi my laptop doesn't shut down and I have to force shut it down for it to turn off I have turned quick start up off but it still doesn't shut down I have an Acer laptop 52040
  10. Fan still running after shut lid and shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    Fan still running after shut lid and shut down: Hey guys, I have noticed this problem come up on my Dell 7537 (Check out my profile for details) when I close the lid to put the computer to sleep, the HDD light turns off, but the fan continues to run, even after several hours. When I open the lid back up, it is just a...