Windows 10: Shut down "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" Please Help

Discus and support Shut down "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" Please Help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] It gives me this error every single time i shut down. after it goes to 100% then it turns off, any ideas how to fix this? error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lynchy_Live, May 2, 2020.

1. Shut down "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" Please Help

/u/Lynchy_Live, May 2, 2020

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, May 2, 2020
  3. JayDawg1 Win User
    Driver_Power_State_Failure

As of a week or so ago, my system has been unable to shut down or restart. It just hangs on the blue Restarting screen or goes entirely black if I attempt to shut it down. If left on the Restarting screen for a few minutes, an error message appears that
    says the cause was Driver_Power_State_Failure, forcing me to have to manually reset my computer.

I have read many of the questions and suggestions in the Community section, but most mention their system giving a BSOD, which I am not having problems with. This only occurs if I attempt to shut down or restart the system. Any help would be appreciated
    as this is becoming quite frustrating, especially since my system is brand new.

Thanks in advance

I'll attach a link to the error dump.

MEGA

JayDawg1, May 2, 2020
  4. Shut down "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" Please Help

Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 2, 2020
Thema:

Shut down "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" Please Help

1. Shut down "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" Please Help - Similar Threads - Shut down DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

2. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f - while shutting down the pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f - while shutting down the pc: Hello,As of today I am no longer able to shut down or restart my PC normally. The shutdown or restart fails and ends in a blue screen with the error message: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f. The corresponding...
  3. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f - while shutting down the pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f - while shutting down the pc: Hello,As of today I am no longer able to shut down or restart my PC normally. The shutdown or restart fails and ends in a blue screen with the error message: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f. The corresponding...
  4. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE when shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE when shut down: When I tried to shut down or restart my PC, BSOD occurred with the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE stopcode. Below is the minidump files I copied from C:\Windows\Minidumphttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1uWGua9BwWT5gyC_GytpW62uUM6PksK75/view?usp=sharingPlaease help me to fix this...
  5. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE when shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE when shut down: When I tried to shut down or restart my PC, BSOD occurred with the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE stopcode. Below is the minidump files I copied from C:\Windows\Minidumphttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1uWGua9BwWT5gyC_GytpW62uUM6PksK75/view?usp=sharingPlaease help me to fix this...
  6. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE when shut down

7. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE HELP PLEASE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE HELP PLEASE: Hello, I Updated My NVidia drivers for my laptop about a week ago and my intel igpu graphics drivers earlier this week. On Monday I started seeing artifacts/glitches in fl studio only and non that ive seen while gaming and only once after I closed fl studio in the task...
  8. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE HELP PLEASE

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE HELP PLEASE: Hello, I Updated My NVidia drivers for my laptop about a week ago and my intel igpu graphics drivers earlier this week. On Monday I started seeing artifacts/glitches in fl studio only and non that ive seen while gaming and only once after I closed fl studio in the task...
  9. 0x0000009f DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Please help!!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    0x0000009f DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Please help!!: Hello! I have been having quite some trouble with my laptop randomly restarting at times and I have found that there is a Blue Screen Error every single time in the reliability history as well as problem reports. The dump file is here:...
  10. PLEASE HELP: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PLEASE HELP: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: HI I have been experiencing this bsod lately in my old laptop-- I've run a sfc scan and update my display drivers and my network adapter here's what the whocrashed app says: If you need the dump file can you help me where to upload it On Thu 10/8/2020 2:26:31 PM your...