Windows 10: Shut down during Windows Defender offline scan

Discus and support Shut down during Windows Defender offline scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been experiencing random shutdowns. Ran troubleshooters, but found no problems. Ran a Defender quick scan, found no problems. Before doing a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GregNix, Aug 2, 2018.

1. GregNix Win User

Shut down during Windows Defender offline scan

I have been experiencing random shutdowns. Ran troubleshooters, but found no problems. Ran a Defender quick scan, found no problems. Before doing a full scan, I wanted to try an offline scan, but every time (6 or 7 times now) it gets maybe halfway through the offline scan and then shuts down. What can I do?

:)

GregNix, Aug 2, 2018
  2. Steve C Win User

Defender Periodic Scanning or Offline Scanning?

That link does suggest it's useful to use Defender offline scanning in addition to periodic scanning and a third party real time anti virus (e.g. Kaspersky).

Steve C, Aug 2, 2018
  3. Jorge Tan Win User
    offline scan by win defender

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern with Windows Defender, follow the steps below:

• Open the Run window by pressing Window + R button.
    • Then type services.msc and hit "Enter".
    • Look for Windows defender service in the list and right click on it and select start.
    • Once Windows defender is opened try to do the offline scan on that window.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorge Tan, Aug 2, 2018
  4. Cliff S Win User

Windows Defender Offline Scan in Windows 10

Also MpSwpHelp:

Cliff S, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Shut down during Windows Defender offline scan - Similar Threads - Shut down during

2. My computer shut down itself during defender full scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer shut down itself during defender full scan: I just bought a full set of computer and did all the test, including the stress test and I don't think shutting itself is related with the heat.I tested for few times, whenever I hit fullscan, at the exact 35th seconds both computer and monitor shut itself....
  3. My computer shut down itself during defender full scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer shut down itself during defender full scan: I just bought a full set of computer and did all the test, including the stress test and I don't think shutting itself is related with the heat.I tested for few times, whenever I hit fullscan, at the exact 35th seconds both computer and monitor shut itself....
  4. My computer shut down itself during defender full scan

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

Windows defender offline scan not scanning: The windows defender offline scan is not working. It just shows the blue screen after restarting and that box displaying windows defender offline and that's it. No scan progress is there everytime....
  6. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

Windows defender offline scan not scanning: Whenever I start the defender's offline scan, it will restart my computer then show the blue screen displaying windows offline scan but after this nothing will happen and it will restart again. It will not show any progress of scan. I tried to do it in safe mode but in that...
  7. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender offline scan not scanning: Whenever I start the defender's offline scan, it will restart my computer then show the blue screen displaying windows offline scan but after this nothing will happen and it will restart again. It will not show any progress of scan. I tried to do it in safe mode but in that...
  8. Microsoft defender offline scan didn't shut down my pc

Microsoft defender offline scan didn't shut down my pc: I recently got a trojan malware on my pc and I wanted to remove it or get some info about it by using windows defender offline scan. Anyways that's not what I'm here for, I'm here to ask if anyone knows why my pc didn't shut down after I clicked on "Scan now" while being...
  9. Block during Windows Defender offline Scan

Block during Windows Defender offline Scan: I ran a Windows Defenders offline scan. I received this error message for a block during the scan. What if anything should I do about this? Thank you for your time. Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Windows Defender/Operational Source: Microsoft-Windows-Windows...
  10. Windows Defender Offline crashing during scan?

Windows Defender Offline crashing during scan?: The following weird thing happened: I requested a Windows Defender Offline Scan. After reboot, it took a pretty long time (like several minutes) to boot up, but eventually it started scanning. But then, roughly around 93%, the scanning window suddenly disappeared and in a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender offline scan shuts down the computer

2. run windows defender offline scan and then shutdown

3. windows defender offline shuts pc down

4. windows defender offline just shuts down computer,
  5. windows defender shut down after scan,
  6. offline scan on windows defender shutting down the device,
  7. windows defender offline scan shuts down the device,
  8. windows shuts down offline scan,
  9. Windows 10 - Defender Offline Scan shuts down computer