Windows 10: Shut down error

Discus and support Shut down error in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi,the "shutting down" message is continually on screen so I'm unable to do anything. Turning the power off and on just returns me to the same shutting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gary Pritchard, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Shut down error

Hi,the "shutting down" message is continually on screen so I'm unable to do anything. Turning the power off and on just returns me to the same shutting down message. Suggestions please.

:)

Gary Pritchard, Mar 1, 2016

2. Shutting down error

Hello sir,

Thanks for the reply .I performed both the tests in the file sent in the previous reply. But so sad that I am still getting the same error. I am searching the internet to find solution. Hope you can help me.

AravindMiriyala, Mar 1, 2016
  3. ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Mar 1, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Shut down error

Hi Gary and welcome to Tenforums.

Please try turning off Fast Startup.

To understand what this is/does (it was first introduced in Windows 8):
    “Fast Startup (aka: hybrid boot or hybrid Shutdown) is a new feature in Windows 8 to help your PC start up faster after shutting down. When turned on, Windows 8 does this by using a hybrid shutdown (a partial hibernate) method that saves only the kernel session and device drivers (system information) to the hibernate (hiberfil.sys) file on disk instead of closing it when you shut down your PC. This also makes the hiberfil.sys file to be much smaller than what hibernate would use (often 4GB or more). When you start your PC again, Windows 8 uses that saved system information to resume your system instead of having to do a cold boot to fully restart it. Using this technique with boot gives a significant advantage for boot times, since reading the hiberfile in and reinitializing drivers is much faster on most systems (30-70% faster on most systems tested). If you have a motherboard with UEFI, then fast startup will be even faster.”

simrick, Mar 1, 2016
Thema:

Shut down error

1. Shut down error - Similar Threads - Shut down error

2. shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    shutting down: hi there i'm having a trouble with shutting down my system when i press shut down, the shutting down screen appears then screen goes off but my hdd and power lights remain on this takes 10 minuets then restart happens please help...
  3. Shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    Shut down: Since i received the updates this week when i go to shut down the system it will not close all programs that were running. I start with W10 msn homepage and close with the window in upper left corner of pc with a click and then click the shut off button. 121789
  4. Shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    Shut down: I have a problem and I don't know what to do. How can I get to turn my display to turn off. It did have a power indicater in the lower right corner and could click on it and it would should down now it will not turn off. 120009
  5. Computer Shuts Down with no BSOD or Displayed Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Shuts Down with no BSOD or Displayed Error: Hey guys! Recently (as of November 4th), my computer has started shutting off (and subsequently restarting) without displaying any errors or a BSOD. In the event logs, all that it shows is that the system has shut off unexpectedly (here is a screenshot of the event log,...
  6. shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    shut down: My laptop is not shutting down nor the cursor is moving from its place. Task manager is also not opening now how should I shut down 69273
  7. Shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    Shut down: When I shut down Windows 8.1 the connect light on the Router stays lite.On windows 10 preview when shut down the connect goes out. Is this normal ? Does windows 10 shut down more of the computer then Windows 8.1 ? 3890
  8. Sync Host error at shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sync Host error at shut down: One drive is disabled, No store and no Microsoft account on this desktop. At shut down this event error will be reported "Sync Host 386de service terminated unexpectedly....corrective action in 10000mlsec ..restart the service Searching the registry results in that there...
  9. Shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    Shut down: Why is there only 1 place to shut down??????????????? 33605
  10. Shut Down

in Windows 10 Support
    Shut Down: When I boot win 10 it runs for a few minutes then shuts down. No BOSD. Reboot & everything is OK! I can press & hold the start button until the light goes out & reboot again & again, but if a shut for a long period it happens again! One of the fixes is to run a command...