Windows 10: Shut down error

Discus and support Shut down error in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi,the "shutting down" message is continually on screen so I'm unable to do anything. Turning the power off and on just returns me to the same shutting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gary Pritchard, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Shut down error

Hi,the "shutting down" message is continually on screen so I'm unable to do anything. Turning the power off and on just returns me to the same shutting down message. Suggestions please.

:)

Gary Pritchard, Mar 1, 2016

2. Shutting down error

Hello sir,

Thanks for the reply .I performed both the tests in the file sent in the previous reply. But so sad that I am still getting the same error. I am searching the internet to find solution. Hope you can help me.

AravindMiriyala, Mar 1, 2016
  3. ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Mar 1, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Shut down error

Hi Gary and welcome to Tenforums.

Please try turning off Fast Startup.

To understand what this is/does (it was first introduced in Windows 8):
    “Fast Startup (aka: hybrid boot or hybrid Shutdown) is a new feature in Windows 8 to help your PC start up faster after shutting down. When turned on, Windows 8 does this by using a hybrid shutdown (a partial hibernate) method that saves only the kernel session and device drivers (system information) to the hibernate (hiberfil.sys) file on disk instead of closing it when you shut down your PC. This also makes the hiberfil.sys file to be much smaller than what hibernate would use (often 4GB or more). When you start your PC again, Windows 8 uses that saved system information to resume your system instead of having to do a cold boot to fully restart it. Using this technique with boot gives a significant advantage for boot times, since reading the hiberfile in and reinitializing drivers is much faster on most systems (30-70% faster on most systems tested). If you have a motherboard with UEFI, then fast startup will be even faster.”

simrick, Mar 1, 2016
Thema:

Shut down error

1. Shut down error - Similar Threads - Shut down error

2. Shut down error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shut down error: What is the fix for this error? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-error/7676b2c8-d6f1-42c3-8ce8-2d4c76152200
  3. Shut down error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shut down error: What is the fix for this error? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-error/7676b2c8-d6f1-42c3-8ce8-2d4c76152200
  4. Error: Windows was not properly Shut down

Error: Windows was not properly Shut down: From few months i was seeing this issue "Windows was not properly Shut down " I tried everything to stop it but the issue is persisting I ran Dism Restore health command to fix corrupt files but there were no errors found in event viewer i found an error before this issue...
  5. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  6. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  7. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows 10 shut down error

Windows 10 shut down error: For years now I have gotten this random message on my desktop PC saying “reboot and select proper boot device” and it has happened at every time possible games, overnight, idle, on startup, etc. and I figured the solution is because of how many times the powers gone out...
  9. Windows error shutting down abruptly

Windows error shutting down abruptly: I replaced my Dell Inspirion 7737 laptop battery after it swelled up, with a non Dell battery, could not find a Dell battery at the time, it shut down a lot. Returned it and got another from another source that says Dell on it is it really a Dell? non idea and had been...
  10. error on shut down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    error on shut down: recently updated Win 7 32 bit to Win 10. all updates downloaded and operates satisfactory however on reboot or shut down following error message occurs: ' the instruction at 0x55B89DAA referenced memory of 0x034D9AA4. The memory could not be read. Click on OK to...