Windows 10: Shut Down Issue

Discus and support Shut Down Issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I have just upgraded my Pavilion DV6 laptop from a standard HDD with windows 7 to a Crucial MX500 SSD and windows 10 (clean install). The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by milky bar kid, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Shut Down Issue

Hi
    I have just upgraded my Pavilion DV6 laptop from a standard HDD with windows 7 to a Crucial MX500 SSD and windows 10 (clean install). The installation went smoothly and all the required drivers seems to have installed automatically.The only thing that seems to be a problem is on shutdown and start-up. It displays ‘Shutting down’ and the revolving dots rotate for about 10 seconds, then it seems to lock up showing just a few of the dots but frozen. It remains like this until it shuts down and takes close to 2 minutes. At other times it just goes to a black screen for about 2 minutes.
    At startup it displays the windows image and the revolving dots for a couple of seconds then goes to black screen until it opens. Boot time is 90 seconds.

I’d appreciate some advice on this.

Thanks

:)

milky bar kid, Dec 29, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 29, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 29, 2018
  4. Shut Down Issue

Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

Shut Down Issue

1. Shut Down Issue - Similar Threads - Shut Down Issue

2. Shut down issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shut down issue: I can't seem to shut down my computer. The only thing that the computer will do is reset. Before I switched to Windows, I was using a HAckintosh. The Hackintosh is known for the shutdown not working. Can anybody give me any tips on what to do. Windows is working fine but...
  3. Shut down issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shut down issue: I can't seem to shut down my computer. The only thing that the computer will do is reset. Before I switched to Windows, I was using a HAckintosh. The Hackintosh is known for the shutdown not working. Can anybody give me any tips on what to do. Windows is working fine but...
  4. Shut down issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Shutting down issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutting down issue: Hi,my notebook has Windows 10,the notebook shuts off without any warning at 45-50% battery level. And whenever I turn on the power it doesn't come on except I plug in the AC adapter. Can Windows be the problem? Because I get changed Thermal paste and battery but it didn't...
  6. Shutting down issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutting down issue: Hi,my notebook has Windows 10,the notebook shuts off without any warning at 45-50% battery level. And whenever I turn on the power it doesn't come on except I plug in the AC adapter. Can Windows be the problem? Because I get changed Thermal paste and battery but it didn't...
  7. Shut down issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shut down issue: My windows 10 won't shut down, when I press shut down it often takes about 5 minutes to actually do anything and when it does it also hangs on the shutting down screen for about 5 more minutes. I've tried sfc /scannow and the restore health commands and also tried turning off...
  8. Shut Down Issue.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shut Down Issue.: Hey People... I recently updated to window 10. It's been a week. Seems like everything running fine. However, shutting down my laptop is becoming a immense problem. It takes hours to shut down. One day I left the laptop in charging after shutting down laptop but next...
  9. Shutting Down Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shutting Down Issue: Hi there! Have you noticed the last days a strange issue, on Windows software? I can not shut down my laptop, so I get forced to press the button of laptop.... Is it a Window's Update issue? Will it be improved? submitted by /u/Phoenixz02 [link] [comments]...
  10. Shutting down issue.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Shutting down issue.: Hi, About two weeks ago I had to replace my new Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT due to overheating issues. But now I’m having issues with my new ASUS Radeon RX 5700 XT ROG Strix OC 8GB, it’s getting stuck on the Shutting Down screen on Windows 10 build 1903. Anyone know what’s...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mx500 shutdown false