Windows 10: shut down of PC without sign off of other user

Discus and support shut down of PC without sign off of other user in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have two user, one with admin rights and other local standards. I have set up my PC to automatically sign in local user. My question is if admin sign... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sam9, Mar 22, 2016.

1. sam9 Win User

shut down of PC without sign off of other user

I have two user, one with admin rights and other local standards. I have set up my PC to automatically sign in local user. My question is if admin sign in without sign off of local and thus shut down the PC, a message appears that another user is already sign in and will lose his work if shut down. Because I know no file is open in other user, so whether shut down the PC regularly without signing off other user will harm PC in any way.

:)

2. windows 10 fall creators shutdown message

Hello

There is one scenario, and as far as I know one scenario only to get that warning on a Windows 10 PC with just one single user logged in. Could this be how you got it:

You lock PC without signing out

You then shut down or restart from sign in screen

Then you get the message "If you shut down now, you and any other people using this PC could loose unsaved work"

If you read the text of that warning, you'll notice it does not warn about other users being signed in. Instead, it says "... you and any other people...". Windows simply uses the same warning regardless if PC has only one user account or multiple users when
    it detects that at least one user is still signed in.

In this case you would still be signed in, having only locked the PC, and warning is addressed to you personally; you could (and will!) lose all unsaved documents if you proceed with shut down or restart.

This is not a virus, not an issue. It is totally normal, default way Windows warns the user trying to shut down or restart when at least one user (you in this case) is still signed in.

I hope that helps

MikeSnyder61704, Mar 22, 2016
  3. Windows 10 - how do you switch between users without shutting down.

on windows 10, how do you sign off and switch between users without shutting down the computer and restarting it.

JimJPrendergast, Mar 22, 2016
  4. shut down of PC without sign off of other user

No, it definitely won't harm anything. You seem to be aware of what the message means, so forgive the following example. If the standard user has an unsaved Word document open and you choose to shut down from the admin account, that doc's changes won't be saved.

DeaconFrost, Mar 22, 2016
  5. sam9 Win User
    Thanks for confirming. Though I understand the same thing but I am not an expert so your confirmation made me rest assured. Thanks again

sam9, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

shut down of PC without sign off of other user

1. shut down of PC without sign off of other user - Similar Threads - shut down without

2. PC rebooting without shutting down Event ID86,49,41

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC rebooting without shutting down Event ID86,49,41: Event ID 86 : SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization for WORKGROUP\DESKTOP-68LCVPF$ via https://AMD-KeyId-907d65e9b562315997dd5ad086b2b7598957b92c.microsoftaik.azure.net/templates/Aik/scep failed:GetCACapsGetCACaps: Not Found{"Message":"The authority...
  3. PC rebooting without shutting down Event ID86,49,41

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC rebooting without shutting down Event ID86,49,41: Event ID 86 : SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization for WORKGROUP\DESKTOP-68LCVPF$ via https://AMD-KeyId-907d65e9b562315997dd5ad086b2b7598957b92c.microsoftaik.azure.net/templates/Aik/scep failed:GetCACapsGetCACaps: Not Found{"Message":"The authority...
  4. My shut down/sign off icon has disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My shut down/sign off icon has disappeared: Hi ,My shut down/sign off/sleep icon has disappeared from the left side of my task bar, How do I get it back? Windows 11, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-shut-downsign-off-icon-has-disappeared/9e36830b-e958-40c8-8dc1-64589e2d92ff
  5. My shut down/sign off icon has disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My shut down/sign off icon has disappeared: Hi ,My shut down/sign off/sleep icon has disappeared from the left side of my task bar, How do I get it back? Windows 11, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-shut-downsign-off-icon-has-disappeared/9e36830b-e958-40c8-8dc1-64589e2d92ff
  6. Is there a way to initiate hibernation without shutting the PC down?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to initiate hibernation without shutting the PC down?: Because of terrible power services in my area (and the lack of an inverter / power backup solution), I've lost important work on my PC thrice today each time the power went out. So I started wondering if it was possible to initiate something like Hibernation, make Windows...
  7. Windows 10 Stuck on Restarting/Shutting Down/Sign-off from user

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Stuck on Restarting/Shutting Down/Sign-off from user: Good Morning everyone, After recent W10 updates i'm facing a wierd issue on 2 laptops, Both are Dell 5401 with all the latest Driver Updates and all the W10 updates done. When performing a shutdown, restart, sign-off it takes exactly 10 minutes 600s to make the operation,...
  8. Shut down without synchronization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shut down without synchronization: Hi The new version of windows 10 is shutting down without synchronization. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-without-synchronization/29217cae-725b-477f-b200-7cd7b78717a7
  9. Shut down does not sign user out first

in Windows 10 Support
    Shut down does not sign user out first: Windows 10 ‘Keeps you signed-in’ test: - (Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1803, Build 17134.523 - Set up as Local Account) Test 1 - Not signed-out: 1. Sign-in as ‘Visitor’ and then ‘Shut down’ without signing out. 2. Switch back on and sign-in as ‘Another User’ then shut down again....
  10. Signed in automatically after signing out (without shutting down)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Signed in automatically after signing out (without shutting down): I have a number of standard window users without passwords. Sometimes when I use the sign-out option, the account is signed out but then automatically signs in again. Usually this only happens once but sometimes it repeats a second time. The accounts are local accounts. Any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sign off and shut down

2. how to remove user without shutdown pc

3. shutting down and signing off automatically