Windows 10: shut down of PC

Discus and support shut down of PC in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My laptop has started automatically shutting down after a short while of inactivity. What's causing that? What settings do I need to change to have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AllenEvans4, Jun 26, 2020.

1. shut down of PC

My laptop has started automatically shutting down after a short while of inactivity. What's causing that? What settings do I need to change to have it go to sleep instead?

:)

AllenEvans4, Jun 26, 2020

2. PC does not shut down requires forece shut down

Hello,

We really appreciate your patience. Let me give you few more troubleshooting steps which might apply to your situation and ascertain the cause of the issue.

• Try removing all the external peripheral devices including all usb drives except keyboard, mouse and monitor and check.
    • Try to shut down the computer while forcing the running applications and check the results in the subsequent restart. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      shutdown -s -f and press enter.

If it still does not help, try to view the Event IDs in Event Viewer to check for specific events triggering the issue.

To view activities in Windows, I suggest you to open the Event Viewer. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Go to the Control Panel and choose to click on the
      Administrative Tools icon.
    • The above action will open up a new window of the Administrative Tools where you will see the
      Event Viewer.

Please write to us with the results.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Laptop won't shut down

Hi Muhammad,

Most of the time, the issue regarding a device that won't shut down properly may be caused by a system conflict after an update or that there are some incompatibility issues. To assist you with this concern, we recommend that you run the troubleshooter.
    To do this, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Click on View all on the left-side of the page.
    • Click on each category below then follow the on-screen prompt to run the troubleshooter:
    • Background Intelligent Transfer Service
    • Hardware and Devices
    • Power
    • Windows Update
    Note: Make sure that you restart your PC after running the troubleshooter for each category.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Jun 26, 2020
  4. shut down of PC

Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

shut down of PC

1. shut down of PC - Similar Threads - shut down

2. PC randomly shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly shutting down: A few months back while playing MSFS 2020 using the Fenix A320, my PC completely shut down without any sort of warning. There was no blue screen, no warning messages, it just shut down. I've had this issue for ages now and have attempted to get help here and on plenty of...
  3. PC randomly shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC randomly shutting down: A few months back while playing MSFS 2020 using the Fenix A320, my PC completely shut down without any sort of warning. There was no blue screen, no warning messages, it just shut down. I've had this issue for ages now and have attempted to get help here and on plenty of...
  4. PC casually shuts down while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC casually shuts down while gaming: Hi! As the title already says, for a couple of days, my Lenovo Ideapad 3 15ALC6 has been shutting down and immediately restarting during a gaming session every 40 minutes/ 1 hour and 20 minutes max. It doesn't give any signs before shutting down, the screen simply goes black...
  5. PC casually shuts down while gaming

PC casually shuts down while gaming: Hi! As the title already says, for a couple of days, my Lenovo Ideapad 3 15ALC6 has been shutting down and immediately restarting during a gaming session every 40 minutes/ 1 hour and 20 minutes max. It doesn't give any signs before shutting down, the screen simply goes black...
  6. Windows 11 "Unclean" System Shut Down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 "Unclean" System Shut Down: Recently, whenever I close the lid of my Windows 11 laptop, it completely shuts down, erases all of my tabs, and closes all of the apps open. When I boot it up again, I'm met with a message on a black screen that says "the system has not shut down cleanly" before I sign in....
  7. Windows 11 "Unclean" System Shut Down

Windows 11 "Unclean" System Shut Down: Recently, whenever I close the lid of my Windows 11 laptop, it completely shuts down, erases all of my tabs, and closes all of the apps open. When I boot it up again, I'm met with a message on a black screen that says "the system has not shut down cleanly" before I sign in....
  8. Windows Crashing/Shutting down abruptly with error "The previous system shutdown at...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Crashing/Shutting down abruptly with error "The previous system shutdown at...: I purchased a laptop 1.5 months ago. The specification of my machine are i9-13980HX, RTX 4080, 32 Gigs RAM. So the specifiations are very very powerful but still After few days of use, laptop started crashing/shutting down abruptly and frequently. I did some investigation...
  9. Windows Crashing/Shutting down abruptly with error "The previous system shutdown at...

Windows Crashing/Shutting down abruptly with error "The previous system shutdown at...: I purchased a laptop 1.5 months ago. The specification of my machine are i9-13980HX, RTX 4080, 32 Gigs RAM. So the specifiations are very very powerful but still After few days of use, laptop started crashing/shutting down abruptly and frequently. I did some investigation...
  10. A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer: How to fix 'A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. If this is the first time you've seen this stop op error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps: The BIOS in this system is not...