Windows 10: shut down option

Discus and support shut down option in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; In the menu only 2 options namely 1 shut down and 2 restart are available. the other option " sleep " not available. how to get it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by pananthu41, Jan 1, 2020.

1. shut down option

In the menu only 2 options namely 1 shut down and 2 restart are available. the other option " sleep " not available. how to get it

:)

pananthu41, Jan 1, 2020

2. Windows 10 Pro (fully updated) will not shut down properly

Hi Chayan,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • How exactly are you shutting down the computer? Is it from Start menu?
    • Did you try shutting down by pressing and holding the power button?
    • Did you make any recent changes to the computer settings?
    • Did you plug any external device to the computer?
    I would like to inform you that it is bit difficult to pin point on the exact reason behind the issue unless we get the answers for the questions asked above.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to press and hold the power button and check if the computer able to shut down completely.

If the issue persist try unplug plug the charger\power cord from the power source and check if the issue persists, this may also arise due to any fault in the power source.

If the above steps doesn’t work, I suggest you to check if the fast startup option is enabled.

• Access control panel by right clicking on the Start menu.
    • Choose Power options.
    • Select Choose what the power buttons do and check if it is enabled.(Disable it if enabled)
    Please let us know if you are able to shut down the system properly after following the above steps. If the issue persists, please reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 1, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jan 1, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

shut down option

Radeon Overlay not displaying all options

Ok, I got a question. The options to hide the overlay are confusing. What are the steps to turn on the overlay in-game? Not interested in logging much at the moment. Is Alt-R part of turning it on/off?

Sasqui, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

shut down option

1. shut down option - Similar Threads - shut down option

2. Auto shut down option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto shut down option: I really like Windows doesn't mean at all if it will have auto shut down, it looks like sleep and hibernation, but you can schedule what time you want to shut down PC when PC isn't in use, is a great form to economize unnecessary power consumption, same PC is a Desktop or...
  3. Auto shut down option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto shut down option: I really like Windows doesn't mean at all if it will have auto shut down, it looks like sleep and hibernation, but you can schedule what time you want to shut down PC when PC isn't in use, is a great form to economize unnecessary power consumption, same PC is a Desktop or...
  4. Missing shut down option

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Missing shut down option: Few days ago, when I tried to turn off my pc before going to bed, I noticed that shut down option was missing. I tried to look up on internet but any of the possible solutions weren't helpful. The only way I can turn off my pc is by using cmd with this command "shutdown /s /f...
  5. Missing shut down option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing shut down option: Few days ago, when I tried to turn off my pc before going to bed, I noticed that shut down option was missing. I tried to look up on internet but any of the possible solutions weren't helpful. The only way I can turn off my pc is by using cmd with this command "shutdown /s /f...
  6. Missing shut down option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. No option available to shut down laptop

No option available to shut down laptop: Hi. I recently got the battery of my laptop changed as the previous one was not working. And since then, my pc is not shutting down. Whenever I click on the power button on the menu it says "no power options available" and if I click alt+for, I see a message on screen saying...
  8. No Sleep option in the Shut Down Menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    No Sleep option in the Shut Down Menu.: I have a newly installed OS on a Desktop. There is no Sleep option in the Shut Down menu. I have run two .reg files [from Ten Forums] which said they were successfully, and checked that everything was OK in Device Manager [as recommended by a post here in Ten Forums]. Has...
  9. Remove Shut Down option in Windows

Remove Shut Down option in Windows: Group Policy allows me to remove power options in Windows,but I just want to remove the Shut Down option,not any others.Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-shut-down-option-in-windows/eace1ef8-1dc1-45ac-a204-7819955f7319
  10. everlasting "Update and shut down" option

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    everlasting "Update and shut down" option: Every time i want to power off my pc, instead the normal and usual "Shut down" option I get the typical "Update and shut down" which i guess is normal if you are in the middle of an update process, but it doesn't matter how many times I restart / shut down, the "Update and...