Windows 10: Shut down options after updates

Discus and support Shut down options after updates in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] I went to shut down my PC last night, after I have downloaded updates via Windows Update, and the shutdown menu came up with both Shutdown and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Blewatter, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Blewatter Win User

Shut down options after updates

Shut down options after updates [​IMG]

I went to shut down my PC last night, after I have downloaded updates via Windows Update, and the shutdown menu came up with both Shutdown and Update and Shutdown. When I shut it down that night, I just clicked shutdown, but it is still here now. I don't want to click it for fear that it could lead to a problem. Do I have anything to worry about if I click Update and shutdown? Should I click update and shutdown?

:)

Blewatter, Oct 18, 2017

2. Windows 10 issue

After update of Windows 10, pc doesn't shut down, sleep and restart... Please help immediately..
    It starts automatically after choosing shut down option..
    What to do?

My laptop can't shutting down..

Sagar Shah143, Oct 18, 2017
  3. windows will not shut down

went to shut down windows, it says waiting on 1 app it still doesn't shut down. gives me an option to shut-down anyway or hit cancel and go back and shut-down. it doesn't show what app or program it is. got the problem after I updated windows 10.

AnyPear24613600, Oct 18, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

It is going to update the machine at some point. Keep a backup before applying major changes.

bro67, Oct 19, 2017
Thema:

1. Shut down options after updates - Similar Threads - Shut down options

2. Auto shut down option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto shut down option: I really like Windows doesn't mean at all if it will have auto shut down, it looks like sleep and hibernation, but you can schedule what time you want to shut down PC when PC isn't in use, is a great form to economize unnecessary power consumption, same PC is a Desktop or...
  3. Auto shut down option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto shut down option: I really like Windows doesn't mean at all if it will have auto shut down, it looks like sleep and hibernation, but you can schedule what time you want to shut down PC when PC isn't in use, is a great form to economize unnecessary power consumption, same PC is a Desktop or...
  4. Missing shut down option

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Missing shut down option: Few days ago, when I tried to turn off my pc before going to bed, I noticed that shut down option was missing. I tried to look up on internet but any of the possible solutions weren't helpful. The only way I can turn off my pc is by using cmd with this command "shutdown /s /f...
  5. Missing shut down option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing shut down option: Few days ago, when I tried to turn off my pc before going to bed, I noticed that shut down option was missing. I tried to look up on internet but any of the possible solutions weren't helpful. The only way I can turn off my pc is by using cmd with this command "shutdown /s /f...
  6. Missing shut down option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. PC Restarts instead of shutting down when choosing "update and shut down" option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC Restarts instead of shutting down when choosing "update and shut down" option: Basically title. I have had this issue forever.After installing updates I can choose between Update and Restart and Update and SHut down.But if I choose "update and shut down", the PC will install updates, then restart, install rest of the updates and be back to log-in...
  8. shut down option

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    shut down option: In the menu only 2 options namely 1 shut down and 2 restart are available. the other option " sleep " not available. how to get it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-option/d834faea-1d65-494f-b981-cc7faa1c60e4
  9. Computer shutting down after updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer shutting down after updates: My windows 10 computer is shutting down after it updates. I have to turn the computer off manually and back on again to get it to boot up. What's happening and is there a way to fix this...
  10. everlasting "Update and shut down" option

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    everlasting "Update and shut down" option: Every time i want to power off my pc, instead the normal and usual "Shut down" option I get the typical "Update and shut down" which i guess is normal if you are in the middle of an update process, but it doesn't matter how many times I restart / shut down, the "Update and...