Windows 10: Shut down power during resetting

Discus and support Shut down power during resetting in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I reset the computer and I accidentally shut the power downI try winre and troubleshooting, I can’t reset the progress and repairAnd I can’t use winre... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dwd dwdw, May 21, 2023.

1. dwd dwdw Win User

Shut down power during resetting

I reset the computer and I accidentally shut the power downI try winre and troubleshooting, I can’t reset the progress and repairAnd I can’t use winre anymore again even serveral method I can’t even go to login screen It keep blinking and hp sign It keeps having hard disk error even though there’s not

:)

dwd dwdw, May 21, 2023
  2. Ernie San Win User

Windows 10 is unable to complete shut down

We suggest doing these troubleshooting steps below:

Method 1. Hard Reset

• Shut down your computer.
    • Remove the cable and wires connected to your computer.
    • Press the Power button for 10 seconds to completely drain your device.
    • Check if there's any changes.
    Method 2. Shutdown trick.

• Press Windows key.
    • Press and hold Shift.
    • Click the Power icon.
    • Select and click Shutdown.
    Let us know the outcome.

Ernie San, May 21, 2023
  3. vgchat Win User
    Resetting Bios Password

Follow these steps.

1. Power off the system & unplug the power cord, flip the power switch, hard reset the cmos by removing the battery for a couple of minutes (1-2 minutes).
    2. Flip the switch & power it back on for a little bit then shut it back down (give it the amount of time you normally would allow it to boot up to windows login).
    3. Reseat the cmos battery & power on the system.

After you've finished them all, reseat the battery & start it up. I've done this countless times. To unlatch & grab the battery, tweezers work good.

vgchat, May 21, 2023
  4. Shut down power during resetting

The light on the power button stays on even after shut down.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your description, I understand that the light on the power button stays on even after shut down.

We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise due to various reasons:

• System not properly shut down or might be in sleep mode.

• Power cord connected to the device.

• Change in the settings.
    I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Did you make any recent changes to the settings?

• Does the CPU fan spins after the shutdown?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, (if you are using a laptop).

Unplug the charger from the lap top and check if the issue persists and also try to shut down from the lock screen.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to run Power troubleshooter:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Power.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 21, 2023
Thema:

Shut down power during resetting

1. Shut down power during resetting - Similar Threads - Shut down power

2. Accidentally shut down my pc during reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally shut down my pc during reset: Hello, I accidentally shut down my pc while resetting it, and now it won't boot. It displays the Dell logo with loading dots and 'preparing' under it, and then I get an error message that states: "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...
  3. Accidentally shut down my pc during reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidentally shut down my pc during reset: Hello, I accidentally shut down my pc while resetting it, and now it won't boot. It displays the Dell logo with loading dots and 'preparing' under it, and then I get an error message that states: "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...
  4. During reset was pc shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    During reset was pc shut down: Hello, I have a problem with my pc. During reseting my pc fall down electric and pc was shut down. After that, everytime when i trying to finish reset showed me this. Can somebody help me what i shoud do?...
  5. During reset was pc shut down

During reset was pc shut down: Hello, I have a problem with my pc. During reseting my pc fall down electric and pc was shut down. After that, everytime when i trying to finish reset showed me this. Can somebody help me what i shoud do?...
  6. Shut down power during resetting

Shut down power during resetting: I reset the computer and I accidentally shut the power downI try winre and troubleshooting, I can’t reset the progress and repairAnd I can’t use winre anymore again even serveral method I can’t even go to login screen It keep blinking and hp sign It keeps having hard disk...
  7. Shut down power during resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shut down power during resetting: I reset the computer and I accidentally shut the power downI try winre and troubleshooting, I can’t reset the progress and repairAnd I can’t use winre anymore again even serveral method I can’t even go to login screen It keep blinking and hp sign It keeps having hard disk...
  8. pc shut down during reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    pc shut down during reset: hi all, was resetting my windows 10 pc when the thing shut down (probably from overheating) and it now says I need to reinstall my BCD. does anyone know where I can find the place to do that? submitted by /u/murderducky1 [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows Shuts down during update or reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Shuts down during update or reset: HI , This problem has come on my computer since i updated to 200102 update then every time i upgraded my computer it had shut during mid-update. I downgraded my computer and during the downgrade it shut down too but it was successful after turning it on then after the...
  10. power on/shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power on/shut down: I recently reset my laptop back to the original settings. Ever since when I want to shut down now my laptop I only see Sleep, Update and Shut down and Update and Restart. I don't see the simple Shut down option. I don't want to continually update. How can I get this fixed?...